Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will we see Azshara and/or N'Zoth in Legion?

Cataclysm had a big underwater area, perfectly fitting for the underwater prison of N'zoth and the empire of Aszhara's naga. I thought, and it would seem like Aszhsara, and at least N'zoth was planned for cataclysm with various in-game hints like the puzzlebox, Dragon soul boss that is directly tied to N'zoth and more.

But we saw none of them.

Enter legion:

- The Emerald dream is pretty much confirmed to be mainly N'zoth's work. While we can raid it and never see him later for sure, it just seems a bit odd to make an opening raid with a strong connection to the old god, only to be forgotten before you would meet him in another expansion.

- The Broken Isles are pretty much spot on where N'zoth were pointed out to be in the chronicles depicting the black empire. It is also close to the sea (duh) and the maelstrom, and thus maybe close to Aszhara and his prison.

Of course Blizzard can do a Cataclysm, an expansion that seemingly were made to raid these bosses, only to barely see a shadow of their work.

I just wonder, what will Blizzard do in the future if they dont include these bosses in terms of finality of the expansion.

They got several options:

1. Use Sargeras, Azshara or N'zoth as an end boss.
    2. Use all 3 of them during the expansion.
    3. Use none of them

in #1 We will have an epic finisher, with a big villain, but some to spare. This does however seem a bit awkward. It would mean we would prudently after Legion find an excuse to go back to Vash'ir and make a new expansion for Azshara and N'zoth (if we only battled Sargeras).
    They could also make us fight the two others, leaving Sargeras for a very long expansion end boss, or Legion 2... jesus that sounds bad, but hey...
    Knowing Blizzard, being awkward with stories is not something they are afraid of though. And after that suddenly Void lords will knock on the door in the next expansion after that? Lorewise it would make most sense to have a clean Void lords expansion, but they might be afraid of having no "mixups" so we dont only see some kind of void beings the entire time.

in door #2, we will pretty much have a BC/WOTLK tier expansion with a lot of big famous known villains. Pretty much deluxe edition. This will "clear the board" for Void Lords expansion that we are being very much hinted at. Think Expendables WoW style.
    Would be super interesting, paced and epic if they could pull it off. Many here would be afraid Azshara and N'zoth would not get their due earned credit, and i agree to some extent, but Blizzard said they wanted longer expansions with more content.

Door #3 is the worst case scenario. In this scenario we will use about 2 years to unlock yet another fight with Kil'Jaeden or at best an avatar of Sargeras.
    This is the one i am afraid Blizzard is going with. With longer expansions being confirmed, i would be pretty lorewise (and hypewise) demoralized just to battle another lieutenant. For gods sake, the name of the expansion is LEGION. If we dont even have at least a little scoff with Sargeras, when will we? Legion #2?

Many seem to see #3 as an auto, but if you accept shit like that, you will accept 2 years to battle a re-used boss. Dont sell an entire expansion this short, WoD already cheated us by giving us another Archimonde, they cant keep getting away with it. (ohh course they can, who are we kidding, we will lick spilled milk if they dropped it), but that does not make it sad none the less.

What do you think? Will blizzard do #1, #2 or #3? Is there a #4?
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-08-26 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    Azshara shows up in Azsuna, so we see her.

It would be a waste to kill Azshara in Legion. She and the naga are powerful enough to have their own expansion where we get to explore more of the sea, the ocean bottom, go to Nazjathar where she would be the final boss. I hope it will be her, and not N'zoth.

I'm guessing that Athissa will be the main naga raid boss in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Many seem to see #3 as an auto, but if you accept shit like that, you will accept 2 years to battle a re-used boss. Dont sell an entire expansion this short, WoD already cheated us by giving us another Archimonde, they cant keep getting away with it. (ohh course they can, who are we kidding, we will lick spilled milk if they dropped it), but that does not make it sad none the less.
    #3 seems likely. However, a #4 with no Sargeras, but with either Azshara or N'Zoth (less likely than Azshara) being an end boss of a patch is possible as well (similar to how we fought Yogg in middle of our war with LK).

Like it or not, at current rate, we don't have what it takes - in term of both our powers and our helpers' powers - to fight against Sargeras. Seeing there hasn't been any indication of a quest chain to awake / revive the Pantheon's spirits and farm their rep for cool legendaries prove ourselves worthy of their blessings yet - which deserve a full expansion length just like MoP / WoD legendaries chains - it's unlikely that we'd be fighting Sargeras in this expansion, unless Blizzard is going to make a 2-years-worth-of-content final patch or something (unfortunately, they usually don't).

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    We kill her in a quest, so it's unlikely unless they are going to revive her or something.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-26 at 01:50 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Azshara shows up in Azsuna, so we see her.
    for a minute, talking to farondis.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    I'm all about the technicalities, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory - Ny'alotha, the prison of N'Zoth, is raised during the major raid patch of Legion. Ny'alotha will appear where originally Thal'Dranath was going to be, rising from the ocean and unleashing N'Zoth's forces upon the surrounding area. Ultimately, N'Zoth itself is faced, but the Old God proposes that the Alliance and the Horde join together with its forces to fight the Legion - N'Zoth has every reason to fight the Legion and preserve Azeroth, since N'Zoth intends to corrupt the worldsoul and needs to stop the Legion before they destroy it. Desperately in need of allies, the Alliance and the Horde agree and make a very uneasy alliance with N'Zoth and his forces, with every side fully aware that once the Legion is dealt with they will all turn upon one-another.

Once the new portal is closed and the Legion is stopped, N'Zoth of course immediately makes a break for it and flees from its prison - an Old God finally free and at large in the world.

This could set things up for a naga/undersea/underworld/Old God related expansion where N'Zoth attempts to corrupt the worldsoul and we have to delve deep into Azeroth's heart to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    My theory - Ny'alotha, the prison of N'Zoth, is raised during the major raid patch of Legion. Ny'alotha will appear where originally Thal'Dranath was going to be, rising from the ocean and unleashing N'Zoth's forces upon the surrounding area. Ultimately, N'Zoth itself is faced, but the Old God proposes that the Alliance and the Horde join together with its forces to fight the Legion - N'Zoth has every reason to fight the Legion and preserve Azeroth, since N'Zoth intends to corrupt the worldsoul and needs to stop the Legion before they destroy it. Desperately in need of allies, the Alliance and the Horde agree and make a very uneasy alliance with N'Zoth and his forces, with every side fully aware that once the Legion is dealt with they will all turn upon one-another.

Once the new portal is closed and the Legion is stopped, N'Zoth of course immediately makes a break for it and flees from its prison - an Old God finally free and at large in the world.

This could set things up for a naga/undersea/underworld/Old God related expansion where N'Zoth attempts to corrupt the worldsoul and we have to delve deep into Azeroth's heart to stop it.

One problem, old gods cant move locations, they are stuck where they are. parasite that has dug deep into its host.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Her presence is pretty identifiable in Aszuna though. Her Naga are attacking the Court of Farondis, they're the focus of an entire dungeon, and she even deigns to show up briefly. It's a lot more presence than she's ever had, I'd say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    One problem, old gods cant move locations, they are stuck where they are. parasite that has dug deep into its host.
    I was thinking more in terms of underground stuff, like N'Zoth is burrowing to the core to get at Azeroth's worldsoul directly. So you go back to N'Zoth's prison and there's a giant hole or something.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

While that would be interesting, I don't see anybody going to be agreeing to work with an Old God. Maybe stay out of his way, but I don't think blizz will write in cooperation with an Old God.

I expect Azshara to be what Gul'dan was for WoD->Legion and Garrosh for MoP->WoD. Basically, in the first expansion listed, they started as a minor threat at the beginning that grew through the expansion and also became the link from expansion to the other. Because of that, I expect void influence to increase as Legion moves forward and that toward the end of Legion, we'll see somewhat of a three-way clash between Azeroth's forces, the Burning Legion, and Army of the Void. This is when the Army of Light will start to take shape and where Anduin, Velen, Illidan, and even Turalyon and Alleria will finally take center stage. The hints are all over the place. Next expansion will be us vs. Void forces (likely N'zoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    It would be a waste to kill Azshara in Legion. She and the naga are powerful enough to have their own expansion where we get to explore more of the sea, the ocean bottom, go to Nazjathar where she would be the final boss. I hope it will be her, and not N'zoth.

athissa is killed in a quest, we see azhsara in legion
    also people hate underwater zones

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Old Gods creating an alliance with the Horde and Alliance is really really far fetched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    While that would be interesting, I don't see anybody going to be agreeing to work with an Old God. Maybe stay out of his way, but I don't think blizz will write in cooperation with an Old God.
    They wouldn't hug and shake hands or anything, I was thinking it would basically be like you said - they agree not to attack each other, and maybe coordinate an assault on the Tomb via naga or Twilight Cult forces. And the situation for Alliance and Horde would basically be 'we have no choice but to do this, we don't have the manpower to survive without N'Zoth's forces'.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Old Gods creating an alliance with the Horde and Alliance is really really far fetched.
    It does depends a lot on N'Zoth. N'Zoth is said to be the weakest of the Old Gods, but it may also be more cunning than the others. If N'Zoth decides that the only way to save Azeroth (and therefore the worldsoul) is to fight together with the Alliance and Horde rather than fight against them, I think N'Zoth could go for it.

the shadow priest artifact has a skin called "claw of n'zoth".

so, apparently we'll have to deal with n'zoth in some way to infuse it with that power.

as for a azshara, like the others said, she's in azuna.

i don't expect them to be a raid, because that would be pulling away from the main story line too much i think. azshara herself is probably stronger than n'zoth on a personal power level, considering he's the weakest of them and she's been infused with his power for 10k years and was already the strongest mortal mage in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    athissa is killed in a quest, we see azhsara in legion
    also people hate underwater zones
    Really? That sucks. I thought she would play a bigger role, especially since she is even mentioned in the Heroes & Villains section of Legion's webpage. Half the characters there are dead at the end of 7.0.

An Azhsara expansion would not be underwater, since the naga lands could be raised from the ocean floor. There are also other isles to explore, like Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the shadow priest artifact has a skin called "claw of n'zoth".

so, apparently we'll have to deal with n'zoth in some way to infuse it with that power.

as for a azshara, like the others said, she's in azuna.

i don't expect them to be a raid, because that would be pulling away from the main story line too much i think. azshara herself is probably stronger than n'zoth on a personal power level, considering he's the weakest of them and she's been infused with his power for 10k years and was already the strongest mortal mage in the world.
    Weapon & Armor names mean literally nothing in terms of upcoming content.

Shroud of Chieftain Ner'zhul is from BC, yet we haven't fought Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Weapon & Armor names mean literally nothing in terms of upcoming content.

Shroud of Chieftain Ner'zhul is from BC, yet we haven't fought Ner'zhul.
    the secret skins usually have you do something to aquire them.

like the corrupt ashbringer secret skin? it involves the death knights.

i'm not saying we'll see n'zoth himself, but we will be dealing with something related to him.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-08-27 at 12:31 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't hug and shake hands or anything, I was thinking it would basically be like you said - they agree not to attack each other, and maybe coordinate an assault on the Tomb via naga or Twilight Cult forces. And the situation for Alliance and Horde would basically be 'we have no choice but to do this, we don't have the manpower to survive without N'Zoth's forces'.

It does depends a lot on N'Zoth. N'Zoth is said to be the weakest of the Old Gods, but it may also be more cunning than the others. If N'Zoth decides that the only way to save Azeroth (and therefore the worldsoul) is to fight together with the Alliance and Horde rather than fight against them, I think N'Zoth could go for it.
    It just doesn't make any sense. The only way I see it working is if everyone on Azeroth become slaves. That's how the old gods work. Being all friendly and making alliances is not how they roll.