Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Nah, so you finish the invasion bit. Im not sure if the Khadgar bit is a carry on from this portion of the quest or not, but I got it when I returned to Stormwind so I assumed it was.

Did the Khadgar quest and head to Dalaran and then it just stops after he tells you to go do something. That portion of the quest is not in game yet but theres no indication of that, it just stops.
    Khadgar's quest sends you to Ulduar and Kharazan
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Some mechanics are outright retarded.

Doomlord's curse, pit lord's Sear flesh...

Having a vehicle solves a lot of them, unfortunately, they spawn only in phase 3 and last 5 minutes.

That said, I think there should definitely have been more vehicles, and they should respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Having a vehicle solves a lot of them, unfortunately, they spawn only in phase 3 and last 5 minutes.
    Just to add: You can outrange the aggro radius of bosses with the glaive throwers, meaning you hit them but they won't aggro you. That's a nice way to keep progress going if you play during off-hours now that less and less players do the invasion.
    Oh, and even though the number is not showing on screen, you get full XP while you are sitting in a vehicle (btw, to know for sure you also can activate "Show XP" in the chatwindow)

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Khadgar's quest sends you to Ulduar and Kharazan
    ..whatever the quest is that fucking ends in Dalaran. Jesus christ.

That's why I'm glad I play a hunter now (been playing melee for 8+ years). Easy to avoid AoE, and even if I get aggro... lol Feign Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    ..whatever the quest is that fucking ends in Dalaran. Jesus christ.
    Yeah that quest ends sorta abruptly after handing in the book, but I think it's meant to be foreshadowing
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    They are horrible designed. Just watch the legion of lowbies die to unavoidable deaths.

But maybe the "tag boss and cower in a corner" mechanic can be seen as good design to some?

As a healer I've begged people in general zone chat to invite me to a group, I've tried inviting random people to groups, I've /yelled "I'm a pocket healer... invite me to your group to make me your pocket healer". I can't get a group. Healing people that you aren't grouped with... sucks. I just target of target heal the last boss and afk the rest... because no one wants a pocket healer.

I got all the appearances now... I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yeah that quest ends sorta abruptly after handing in the book, but I think it's meant to be foreshadowing
    It's only the first half of the questline second half will be coming after the next maint or whenever the release of it is after that maint.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

As a melee, you have to cuddle with the huge demons, while their auto hits have a very long range.
    Final boss has too much hp imho.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Blizzard DOES form raids automatically when you zone into Ashran which you've obviously never done or you'd have known that they already have the feature in game.

Second, yes, they should auto form raids for invasions because they're casual, time limited content. Most people are simply going to fly to the invasions, not sit in LFD looking for a group that's led by some whiny brat with a stick up his ass about taking people under 100 or something. This is especially true if they're chain running them (i.e. doing the ones that are up, then coming back for the next set an hour or two later, etc).

Is it VITAL? No, it kind of works the way it is, but would having raids form automatically *like they do in Ashran* have been better? Yeah, of course. After all, it would help healing, etc.

Next time you try condescension, make sure you're not making a fool out of yourself.
    1) Yes I've done Ashran. And AV. And AB. And WSG. And you know what's common in all of them? Blizz auto groups you since it's an instanced pvp zone and you HAVE to work together to have a chance at winning.

2)As you yourself pointed out it's NOT NECESSARY to be in a group to do the invasions. But it does make it more efficient.

3)Since grouping is NOT NECESSARY, Blizzard probably didn't feel the need to auto group. However since it is more efficient it's on the PLAYER to group up if they have half a bra...no...if they have COMMON SENSE instead of running to the forums whining about how they keep dying cause no one heals them.

So now who's the fool? Next time you try insulting somebody make sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

From the bugfixes: Demon Invasions

Fixed a bug causing several creatures and/or their abilities to not scale properly to player level.

So perhaps many of the outstanding issues have been corrected now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    As a melee, you have to cuddle with the huge demons, while their auto hits have a very long range.
    Final boss has too much hp imho.
    Final boss health will scale appropriately to how many people have engaged with it. Problem is since nobody wants to die they'll just tag the boss and run away. So you have a lot less people actually trying to kill it then they're supposed to.

Deleted
    In a way the whole invasion is "bad design".
    Perhaps Blizzard intended to for us to work together and make pre-made groups or organize at the start, but unfortunately Blizzard stopped promoting player co-op since they added Dungeon Finder.

Most mechanics are easily avoidable, but scaling is off sometimes and you'll get screwed anyways. Doomlord Curse and some other mechanics that will result in death = no exp is horrible.
    The huge level gap between players is what bothers me most. Good luck healing a tank that's 30 levels above you.

Only a few days until the end, but I truly hope that in the future Blizzard will make better design choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's not foreshadowing. It's a quest chain. Go back to dalaran and you can do a few more quests in the chain. Khadgar tells you to go do some invasions after the second to last quest in the chain. The last quest is on launch.

For people moaning about the one-shotting on final bosses... it's not bad design, it's because you're leveling up a toon without gearing them up at the same time. The damage scales higher the more you level yet you aren't getting better gear to raise your hit points. So it's kind of your own fault for getting owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Over all most would agree this pre launch event if fun, added lots of cool stuff and a new way to power level alts and get super fun gear .. BUT I need to say that final stage is so unforgiving to melee what ended happening is tag the boss and run away .. What happens next? Boss runs around wiping ranged and we all have a nice rez party .. over .. and over .. and over again ..

It might have been intended but any one who has ever wiped several times would tell you its not fun at all ..

So now the prevailing tactic is Tag --> Get out of combat --> mount flying mount and afk ...
    Actually it's pretty even. Your tears remind me of bad players from the first tier of Cata raids that kept claiming you couldn't clear with all melee when in fact you could.

The final bosses are pretty even in their bad effects to both ranged and melee. Some are worse to one and some are worse to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    It's not foreshadowing. It's a quest chain. Go back to dalaran and you can do a few more quests in the chain. Khadgar tells you to go do some invasions after the second to last quest in the chain. The last quest is on launch.

For people moaning about the one-shotting on final bosses... it's not bad design, it's because you're leveling up a toon without gearing them up at the same time. The damage scales higher the more you level yet you aren't getting better gear to raise your hit points. So it's kind of your own fault for getting owned.
    GG for quoting a post before the next part was out and misunderstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Actually it's pretty even. Your tears remind me of bad players from the first tier of Cata raids that kept claiming you couldn't clear with all melee when in fact you could.

The final bosses are pretty even in their bad effects to both ranged and melee. Some are worse to one and some are worse to others.
    No they are not and you are completely wrong, actually I think you are a troll .. You ignore leveling players who get 1-shot (abilities like Doom) and get ZERO XP which is a huge negative gaming experience .. So while some abilities hit both ranged and melee (DOOM) the vast majority of encounters wipe out the poor melee who struggle with hit box, finding themselves pretty much under some giant who runs around and then wounder how they just almost insta died while range stand at max range knowing they can easily move a bit further and drop out of combat and get full XP ..

More over ranged have a far easier time seeing those giant bosses as well as avoiding what come .. Last, the proof, go see what is actually happening, people tag and get out of combat and fly .. Others simply wait above the boss until the last x% then tag the boss .. Count of the ones who die almost all are melee .. That kind of behavior is not of people super excited about the design .. Its of people fed up of the crap design that is painful to play ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-08-27 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    How? If you're not getting aggro (in which case there's not much you can do but die), how on earth can you have a problem with the bosses? I'm truly curious.
    There was a good amount of AOE damage on a fair amount of the encounters. So if you didn't have good self sustain and no healer nearby (which you literally never did), you would end up having to hang back out of combat to avoid death

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    problem isnt just that theres no tanks, its that the healers cant get them target properly, im a 749 Guardian Druid, and with all my cds the boss still hits me for 300k damage, i have 1.2m hp, boss kills me in about 10 seconds without a healer, with a healer in abotu 15 seconds. the damage is tuned stupidly hi.
    I was a level 46 BW monk and tanked for a good amount of time (2 healers in my tag group) and then when i rezzed, some other dude tanked it until the end. Was only the second time I'd seem successful tanking of the end boss
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================