Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Personally I find it much more fun to bash trump than to defend Hillary, but when the chips are down I can rely on Hillary to be Hillary, a Clinton at the core who takes by hook or crook but you at least can tell someone her policies with a straight face, not like Trump who changes his policies with every stiff breeze and says one thing to his base and another to Latinos in hopes the two won't compare notes even though it was said on national television. The man is a mess in motion, chaos personified and that can't be made presidential no matter how hard you try.
    What ever crookedness she is capable of no one has convinced me that he wouldn't do the same while talking about the size of his cock at the same time.
    That's exactly right. There isn't anything that she's done that you could say definitively that he wouldn't do. At least she would be presidential in her demeanor and serious in her policy proposals, all the while not mocking people with disabilities and picking fights with the press and gold star families.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    1. People on editorials, news programs and political punditsare here?
    2. I don't see it as a man insulted for his disabilities.
    1. It's the same for them. Those pundits aren't running for president. It doesn't matter if they call him an pig or something worse. He needs to hold himself to a higher standard.
    2. It doesn't matter why he mocked the guy. What's important is how he mocked the guy. He mocked the guy's disability. End of story. That puts him directly in with the bully's in high school that wedgie the nerd and laugh together as they are doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, what you're saying is, in addition to not being a moron, Clinton also has more competent people explain what she says?

People like to talk about Clinton like she's some great savior and not a standard politician. She may be the preferred Victor in a match I will not be voting on, but it's fucking obnoxious to pretend she is pure. That shit annoyed me with Obama along with "Black President! Woo!"
    I mean people taking little 5 word snippets out of her speech, and misinterpreting them only to have the entire speech's context be put back onto them to restore their meaning TOTALLY means she's dumb. But yeah, ok, whatever.

You're not really all that clever.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    sip
    She is a cunt for too many reasons I don't want to go into and I'm sure have been listed here. Plus she is a warhawk and in a sense belongs to a political dynasty. If Chelsea Clinton becomes a New York Senator in the future to follow in Mommy's and Daddy's footsteps I swear to God I'll never set foot in New York again or some shit.

But.

She isn't Donald Trump.

At this point the Democratic party could literally run the guy who fills the watercoolers at their offices and I would vote for him as long as it is not Trump.

But this also applies to all the fucking religious nutjobs who were all told by God that they should run for President (God seems to be trolling the GOP). If you hear voices in your head you aren't speaking to God, you are crazy, and you shouldn't be allowed 1000 yards within the range of any executive power.

The Democratic party is literally running perhaps the worst candidate they could produce, but she is lucky because she is at least not crazy.

Her campaign slogan should be -Hey, at least I'm not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    We just had a movie "Suicide Squad" that makes the villains the "good" guys... because the other bad guys are "worse", relatively speaking.
    They're good guys because someone forced them to do something under the threat of death? They never changed personalities or anything meaningful to being a good guy.

Meanwhile, there's a reason Waller is called the black Hillary Clinton?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I mean people taking little 5 word snippets out of her speech, and misinterpreting them only to have the entire speech's context be put back onto them to restore their meaning TOTALLY means she's dumb. But yeah, ok, whatever.

You're not really all that clever.
    Neither are you, bats. You keep doing what makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    What you say is baseless talk... Bill Clinton approval rates are without doubt the best of the last 4 presidents. And he wasn't impeached.
    He wasn't?

After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice. Clinton, the second president in American history to be impeached, vowed to finish his term.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...nton-impeached

So I guess the way some things are poorly explained? My bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Hillary is more the type of evil that does evil purely without thinking about it.
    How many people do evil things and go "Man I'm going to do this cause I'm evil!"

- - - Updated - - -

What you say is baseless talk... Bill Clinton approval rates are without doubt the best of the last 4 presidents. And he wasn't impeached.
    He was impeached, in the sense that being impeached means he was brought to trial. He was not removed from office though. They ultimately were like "Are we seriously going to remove this guy from the presidency and make Gore president all because he got his dick wet? That's fucking stupid."

Of course, all of the Republicans at the time apparently wanted Gore to be president.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

How many people do evil things and go "Man I'm going to do this cause I'm evil!"

- - - Updated - - -

He was impeached, in the sense that being impeached means he was brought to trial. He was not removed from office though. They ultimately were like "Are we seriously going to remove this guy from the presidency and make Gore president all because he got his dick wet? That's fucking stupid."

Of course, all of the Republicans at the time apparently wanted Gore to be president.
    He wasn't impeached for getting his dick wet, he was impeached for trying to cover it up. In fact there were separate votes and one was to impeach over the improper behavior and it failed, they basically said by voting this way that sex wasn't the issue. Lying on the stand and covering it up was.

His impeachment was more of a sanctioning, a slap on the wrist to mar his presidency.

Frankly a lot of presidents had affairs in the White House, beyond JFK, and you can't punish one over consentual adult sex.

http://bigfrog104.com/presidential-e...rital-affairs/
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-08-27 at 01:31 AM.

Guys, gals. Collect your thoughts.

On the one hand you have a person who seeks to plant seeds of distrust in your judicial branch of government by discrediting any judge who doesn't abide by his will.

On the one hand you have a person who seeks to plant seeds of distrust in your electoral system by suggesting fraud when his support is dwindling.

On the one hand you have a person who seeks to challenge the freedom of the press when journalists and news outlets challenge his statements or positions by riling up his base against them, discrediting them, shut them out and even suggesting to shut them down entirely through libel laws.

On the one hand you have a person who seeks to dismantle the entire post-World War II security order by suggesting the disintegration or even dismantling of NATO, the unraveling of European integration and the spread of nuclear proliferation across the world.

On the one hand you have a person who praises the dictatorial strongmen of authoritarian regimes that should be the natural enemy of the Leader of the Free World.

On the one hand you have a person who attacks the Geneva convention while promoting war crimes and praising torture for the sake of torture, while reportedly having a very loose philosophy on the use of nuclear weapons.

On the one hand you have a person, serious or not, who suggest the imprisonment and even assassination of their political opponent.

On the one hand you have a person who is detached from reality and bases much of his worldview on conspiracy theories and stories he reads from fake news sites on the Internet.

On the other hand, you have a person who does or is nothing of the above.

The bar is set extremely low for the opposing candidate here. And whatever you think of Hillary Clinton's handling of her emails while serving as Secretary of State or whatever you read into the communication between the State Department and the Clinton Foundation during her tenure, she passes this extremely low bar as easy as Donald Trump spots the black guy at one of his rallies.

Now of course I would support the Democratic nominee based on such things as tax policy with any generic Democrat at the top of the ticket, as the tax plan of the Republican nominee, as usual, reduces the taxation of the rich in times of already astronomical income inequality and high public debt. And of course this is an area of policy where your views may differ from my own. But seriously. The Republican nominee doesn't even pass the bar of essential core values that Western liberal democracy is based upon, making disagreements on mere policy proposals irrelevant. Whether your are a liberal or a conservative, this election doesn't even reach high enough to touch policy positions where you actually disagree. There is one candidate, Hillary Clinton, that is in favor of your system of government and the security order of the world, and there is one who isn't. It should be the easiest choice in the history of United States Presidential elections. And you may resent Hillary Clinton for managing to put herself in that position. But that is no reason to vote for doom. That is a reason to make her a one-term President only.

I am not an American. But had I been I would without a seed of doubt have voted for Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, Joe Biden, Mitt Romney, John Kasich and even somebody as terrible as Ted Cruz before I voted for Donald Trump. Donald Trump would have to go up against Zombie Hitler for me to have cast my vote for him.

The impeachment failed. Which means he wasn't impeached. & Do you honestly believe that he should get impeached because he got his penis wet?

Of course he was going to lie about it because he didn't want his wife knowing about it.
    He didn't want anyone finding out about it, including his wife because it would be bad for his party, remember that the conservatives and family values was gathering steam at this time which would lead into a GW Bush presidency.

I watched the votes happen, it was for lying about having sexual relations and abuse of power to cover it up. Two other charges failed to stick. Mind you, being a lawyer, he tried to argue that he didn't consider a blow job to be a sexual relationship and tried to argue what the meaning of 'is' is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impe...f_Bill_Clinton

- - - Updated - - -

I'll note that the conservative Newt Gingrich was assured that the sexual scandal would get them 30 more seats and they could easily impeach the president, they didn't come close to that and needed several democrats to agree with them to get any of the impeachments to succeed.

The impeachment failed. Which means he wasn't impeached. & Do you honestly believe that he should get impeached because he got his penis wet?
    I think you're mistaken on the meaning of impeachment. Bill Clinton was definitely impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think you're mistaken on the meaning of impeachment. Bill Clinton was definitely impeached.
    ^ this is true

Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton
    Clinton was acquitted, becoming the second sitting United States President to be formally charged with a crime (impeached) and subsequently declared not guilty (acquitted).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Which is still pretty meaningless overall.

There was a bit on Saturday Night live where the actors who portrayed Bill and Hillary were trying to convince members of congress that they really taught them a lesson, you guys who only hold your seats for two WHOLE years and never really did anything but slap them on the wrists.

It's a fun time waster argument. Granted, I'm in the camp that you didn't get fired if you still kept working.

Really, this all comes down to "Bill Clinton was impeached" is easier to say than "Bill Clinton had been put through the impeachment process". It also makes for a far more damning statement.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I disagree, I think she does what she thinks plays well with whatever group she is talking to. Like a windsock pointing whichever way the wind blows.

I think her "evil" is more of a pragmatic "do what I can, when I can without getting caught"... sometimes that thing is actually "good" but done in a shady way... sort of like Illidan, or Sylvanas.... Or Morgan le Fay.
    Hey, Morgan le Fay was a much nicer lady in the older stories.

But I see your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

And bill was impeached on 2 articles of impeachment and then acquitted. Did he do wrong? Yes. Was it worth millions of tax payers dollars to investigate him lieing about sperming all over a dress? To me? No. To the republicans who used the moral outrage to get into office? Priceless.

And in other news....http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...d-open/2861337
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-08-27 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    He wasn't impeached for getting his dick wet, he was impeached for trying to cover it up. In fact there were separate votes and one was to impeach over the improper behavior and it failed, they basically said by voting this way that sex wasn't the issue. Lying on the stand and covering it up was.

His impeachment was more of a sanctioning, a slap on the wrist to mar his presidency.

Frankly a lot of presidents had affairs in the White House, beyond JFK, and you can't punish one over consentual adult sex.

http://bigfrog104.com/presidential-e...rital-affairs/
    Point of information: Bill Clinton didn't technically lie on the stand, under oath (although he did lie to the public) - Clinton's lawyers whittled down the definition of 'sex' before Clinton took the stand to exclude receiving fellatio (along with more of what might traditionally be considered 'sex'); it was a thin fig leaf, but it's there.
    http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/...e/clinton.html
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

"Impeachment" is nothing more than 'indictment". He was not convicted but he was impeached all right.

hillary is evil
    This is why conservative "media" is a joke. They've spent the past 25 years going overboard, saying all kinds of crazy shit about the clintons. it drowns out legitimate criticism.

And then when the average citizen bothers paying attention to the election they'll listen to her and realize she isn't the spawn of satan, so suddenly every negative thing that's ever been said about her is in doubt.