Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambident View Post
    what is wrong with the mastery?
    it´s a RNG based damage increase, which means its unreliable regarding what you actually get from going for mastery in your gear. as Destro you more want Haste/Crit if anything as both give flat improvements to your performance without fully relying on RNG to give you that sweet % more damage. (Haste has you build more Soul Shards due to lower cooldown on Conflagrate, Crit increases the damage of Chaos Bolt automatically and also gives a higher chance at double the Shards from Conflagrate.)

or in short: Destructions mastery is not worth it compared to anything else.

ah right, i haven't really touched destro much. I didn't realize it was uniformly random, that is pretty terrible.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So you agree it's indeed bad to carelessly overbuff based on bad feedback? Good, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hear plenty of the same because "My class is bad while class X is silly OP, I quit". Seems to happen plenty on these forums nowadays.
    Most of the posts are not asking for buffs, they are asking for changes to crappy mechanics, regressive lifetapping, rng everything, terrible ramp up time and most importantly inability of some specs to handle needs of raid encounters. No one really cares about dps because that can be easily tweaked.

You know this, yet I think you enjoy just being argumentative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finnigast View Post
    Hello All,

Long time lurker - first time poster, be gentle...

So, I find it interesting that given the lengths people on this site go through to stay "up-to-date" on all the current happenings with the Warlock class, there is still so much dissension over what state Warlocks are currently in. After reading the majority of the threads here looking for some "conclusive" feedback on spec state for legion, I have found quite the spread of opinions and feedback.

- Locks are fine, I think *insert spec* is fun.
    This appears to be the more casual player, for which spec viability is largely irrelevant. No real insight to be gathered here.

- When I play my lock on the Archimond fight, *insert class* does WAY more damage than me, and my rotation/damage/mechanics feel like garbage"
    Absolutely irrelevant. Balance is based on 110 with Artifacts. Feedback based on performance at 100 with no artifacts (and using sets and class trinkets that won't be in place at 110) means nothing.

- I heard from *insert random supposed beta tester* that locks are fine/horrible/good at X/bad at Y/etc.
    Anecdotal evidence from a second-hand source. Fun to read, but carries little actual substance.

- I heard/read feedback from *insert "reputable" source from beta* that locks are fine/horrible/good at X/bad at Y/etc.
    Getting a bit more substance here. However, I have noticed that "Locks need some tweaking in a few areas, and are beat out by *insert class*, but overall aren't too bad", easily turns into "OMG, Locks are horrible and can't compete, *insert guild* said Locks can't compete and they aren't bringing any!"

There are others, but those seem to be the "patient zero" comments - everything else appears to spirals out from there.

My point is, if this varied, oft-uninformed, occasionally ignorant, feedback is what is gathered on this forum, I can only imagine how much worse it is on the Bnet forums. Given how difficult it is to find definitive, conclusive evidence as to how Locks perform in-raid, at 110, with Artifacts and Legendaries - is it any wonder that Blizz hasn't just taken the "feedback" and "fixed" Warlocks?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are broken and un-intuitive things with Lock mechanics that should be addressed. I see them, and anyone who tries to play lock at a half-way serious level sees them. However, before saying "the community has spoken - fix this shit", or "We have 1500 posts on how locks are broken, why aren't you doing something Blizz?", maybe we should keep in mind the quality of the feedback that Bliz is receiving. We can't seem to get consensus amongst the relatively small group here beyond "There are things that need fixing".

By all means, voice your concerns! However, unless you have actually played the most recent version of beta, at max tier, with all relevant Artifact/Legendaries, and are reasonably skilled, your "concerns" (regardless of how justified you think they are) most likely mean jack squat...

P.S.

I would love to have an "info thread" that can only be posted to by people who are active in beta. That way we can attribute at least a small degree of validity to what they are saying...
    You should go read all the unhappy folks who have been posting in the alpha and beta forums since alpha launched. Your "info thread" has been up and running for months. Go read it, come back here and you might end up editing out a bit of what you wrote.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Most of the posts are not asking for buffs, they are asking for changes to crappy mechanics, regressive lifetapping, rng everything, terrible ramp up time and most importantly inability of some specs to handle needs of raid encounters. No one really cares about dps because that can be easily tweaked.

You know this, yet I think you enjoy just being argumentative.

- - - Updated - - -

You should go read all the unhappy folks who have been posting in the alpha and beta forums since alpha launched. Your "info thread" has been up and running for months. Go read it, come back here and you might end up editing out a bit of what you wrote.
    And being butthurt people call him on his bullshit. Expect an infraction for hurting his feelings.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    There are 5 million subscribers right? I bet they don't think 1300 warlock complaints is a lot

You know what's really sad? When you watch the Dev Chats, their response to a lot of questions goes like this "we don't have an answer for that yet, because we want to wait and see how the community reacts, and if there's something we need to do, we want to hear their feedback first."

It's a great idea, but will they really listen before making decisions? Doesn't seem like it.
    Even at that..half of those posts are from the same 100 or so warlock people, and the other half of the posts are probably people talking shit to the warlock people.

Not sure why people use # of posts as a reason to validate their concern. Just like the flying arguement here on MM0-C...tons and tons of pages with the same few pro flyers saying the same thing over and over again, and mostly people telling them why they are wrong, but yet they use the number of posts to try and validate that "lots' of people agree with them.

I agree with you...out of 5 million PLUS subscribers...these people think they have this huge following as to their concern, when in actuality, they have a few hundred.

What I find so silly about this is that when 7.0.3 dropped warlocks were really fucking powerful, at least in pvp. Then they go through a serious of nerfs and we are shit. Maybe just backtrack some of those nerfs and all will be well. They always go way overboard on nerfing instead of small incrimental ones. It's like they think it's bad to have smaller more frequent updates.

I will say this though. I'd rather go into the brand new expansion as the shittiest class, cause when the buffs come they are normally great, especially for an iconic class like warlocks, as opposed to specs like Ret that everyone loves to see do poorly :-P
    Last edited by BannedForViews; 2016-08-27 at 02:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    What I find so silly about this is that when 7.0.3 dropped warlocks were really fucking powerful, at least in pvp. Then they go through a serious of nerfs and we are shit. Maybe just backtrack some of those nerfs and all will be well. They always go way overboard on nerfing instead of small incrimental ones. It's like they think it's bad to have smaller more frequent updates.

I will say this though. I'd rather go into the brand new expansion as the shittiest class, cause when the buffs come they are normally great, especially for an iconic class like warlocks, as opposed to specs like Ret that everyone loves to see do poorly :-P
    We were only powerful because 4P and the archimonde trinket made demo absolutely silly until they gutted it.

The #1 thing I hate is this mana business. The rest I can manage, but the whole life and mana tap mechanic is not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    We were only powerful because 4P and the archimonde trinket made demo absolutely silly until they gutted it.
    That has nothing to do with PvP, which is what he was talking about.

ayyyy very minor buffs
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    ayyyy very minor buffs
    The usual numeric buffs. I'll take them BUT I would prefer deeper changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    The usual numeric buffs. I'll take them BUT I would prefer deeper changes.
    That's all they are going to do now. Better luck next expansion if you're hoping for mechanical changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    That's all they are going to do now. Better luck next expansion if you're hoping for mechanical changes.
    Yeah because there haven't been EVER big changes on the mid-term of and xpac RIGHT?

Yeah because there haven't been EVER big changes on the mid-term of and xpac RIGHT?
    Just repeating what Blizzard has said. Don't expect any changes short of just number tuning. That was straight from Ion's mouth.

Deleted
    Just repeating what Blizzard has said. Don't expect any changes short of just number tuning. That was straight from Ion's mouth.
    That's just typicall Blizzard way to say "We don't believe/know if this would need more changes, but we won't say anything that would cause backlash if then we don't do it later". They're just covering their back. Ornyx seemed interested in feedback with all the "voices" shitposting, so, who knows...

That's just typicall Blizzard way to say "We don't believe/know if this would need more changes, but we won't say anything that would cause backlash if then we don't do it later". They're just covering their back. Ornyx seemed interested in feedback with all the "voices" shitposting, so, who knows...
    I hope I'm wrong and they have changes in store other just moving numbers around. So we'll have to wait and see.

Well, we just got buffed today:

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Well, we just got buffed today:
    Yay, slight buffs to our fillers and a spell no one used.

Yay, slight buffs to our fillers and a spell no one used.
    Most likely that's probably why it was buffed?

And I'll echo those pointing out there aren't going to be big mechanical changes literally 4 days before launch. You can wish for it all you want but if you expect that, you'll be disappointed.

Is their goal to make Incinerate hit harder than Chaos Bolt?