Deleted

Is elemental spec complete cancer for leveling up (resto main) in legion?

Seriously, the maelstrom system is so bad for elemental.

flame shock mob, lol back to 0 maelstrom thanks, I really needed the extra 15 second duration.

You can always level as enhancement, just put loot specialization as resto so you get int stats on necks/cloaks/trinkets.

If you want to level as elemental, you can try different talents compared to the standard raiding ones. Maybe something like Path of Flame, Echo of the Elements, Elemental Fusion and Aftershock. Then focus mainly on multi-dotting and finishing of stuff with lava surge procs. Liquid Magma could also be good if you aggro a lot of mobs to finish them off. With these talents, focusing on Flame Shock and Lava Burst, you really don't need maelstrom for anything, so having Flame Shock consume it won't matter much.

I haven't level on the beta though, so maybe someone else got a better suggestion.

With 710 gear and the archimonde trinket I could easily pull up to 5-6 mobs with lava shock and aoe them down. If you have problems killing mobs (around level 107+), you can start pulling less, maybe only 3-4 mobs, maybe 2 depending on many things (gear, mostly).

No matter what, you'll level 2x as fast as DPS than as a healer. And yes, the Maelstrom resource system isnt well thought out for the Elemental spec - its obviously made for Enhancement.

I highly recommend soloing with icefury, but yeah the all maelstrom stuff feels terrible when you're going in and out of short combat and trying to use flame shock and they should consider a glyph or something to make flameshock never eat maelstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    You can always level as enhancement, just put loot specialization as resto so you get int stats on necks/cloaks/trinkets.
    No more primary stats on neck cloaks and rings as soon as u step foot in broken isles. And yes its really bad around 106+ you will spend more time casting healing surge than LB/CL if u pull more than 3, at least as enhance you just weave it in your rotation because its instant.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're leveling at launch with the huge hoard of players, ele should be fine.
    Why? Because a no-cd flame shock means you can tag mobs quickly and from a distance.
    On the instances where you're alone and killing stuff, you should do more than enough damage anyways. I leveled as resto multiple times on beta and never really had a problem killing anything, so I can imagine ele would be even easier.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    If you're leveling at launch with the huge hoard of players, ele should be fine.
    Why? Because a no-cd flame shock means you can tag mobs quickly and from a distance.
    On the instances where you're alone and killing stuff, you should do more than enough damage anyways. I leveled as resto multiple times on beta and never really had a problem killing anything, so I can imagine ele would be even easier.
    Can say the same with enhance, instant LB from range too
    But yea for the 1st week of legion any spec will do coz of mob tagging

As a ilvl 743 Elemental Shaman I have absolutely no problem with the mealstrom generation, leveling and having fun doing is.

I read all these negative feedback and I siriously have no idea what you people are talking about. Im just having allot of fun and I kill mobs rather quickly.

Talents:

Level 15: Earthen Rage
    Level 30: Gust of Wind
    Level 45: Lightning Surge
    Level 60: Elemental Blast
    Level 75: Icefury
    Level 90: Aftershock
    Level 100: Lightning rod or magma totem

Perhaps its my ilvl or my love towards the elemental spec in general. Im just giving my personal opinion.

For Restoration leveling: I think lvling as ele/enh and saving the AP will be your best go to option.
    Last edited by Silvus; 2016-08-27 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the Maelstrom system is excellent for Ele in leveling, if you have good gear. Since it lets you chain-tab targets with Flame Shock. If you're in 680-700 gear that might not be great idea since you're quite squishy, but for Mythic-geared players with Class Trinket you can pretty much tag on the move and almost exclusively cast FS and Lava Surge procs, at least for the first few levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    As a ilvl 743 Elemental Shaman I have absolutely no problem with the mealstrom generation, leveling and having fun doing is.

I read all these negative feedback and I siriously have no idea what you people are talking about. Im just having allot of fun and I kill mobs rather quickly.

Talents:

Level 15: Earthen Rage
    Level 30: Gust of Wind
    Level 45: Lightning Surge
    Level 60: Elemental Blast
    Level 75: Icefury
    Level 90: Aftershock
    Level 100: Lightning rod or magma totem

Perhaps its my ilvl or my love towards the elemental spec in general. Im just giving my personal opinion.

For Restoration leveling: I think lvling as ele/enh and saving the AP will be your best go to option.
    Mostly people in lower gear/no class trinket. It's quite a big difference.