Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakAtack View Post
    Most likely that's probably why it was buffed?

And I'll echo those pointing out there aren't going to be big mechanical changes literally 4 days before launch. You can wish for it all you want but if you expect that, you'll be disappointed.
    I'm not expecting anything. We're stuck with what we got.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, one buff at a time. It and what we got last week helps F&B quite a bit.

As much as we have to spam incinerate this is welcome news! Have to start somewhere, hopefully there is more to come!!

Deleted
    It'd still be nice if Destro's filler interacted with something à la Fireball. I find it acceptable for Affli for the filler to not really do anything since timings are considerably more important for Affli and spending time on the filler is somewhat meaningful outside of it generating a resource or something.

Deleted
    Unfortunately, as expected, at this point we're in minor tweak territory and it's interesting that they haven't even touched the dog's dinner that is demonology. I suspect few will take it, even in casual.

Demo's problems are not raw output, which is has IF you can stand and tunnel and something lives long enough. And THAT'S the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Just repeating what Blizzard has said. Don't expect any changes short of just number tuning. That was straight from Ion's mouth.
    He was refering to the first raid tier not expantion ... big difference but thats not a garanti for anything thou

All my posts on the blizz forums were specific: single target builds have no aoe/burst. To me that's the whole problem. But I've accepted that it's my responsibility to bring tomes and switch talents. My AOE build does insane dps with cataclysm, which is an extraordinary spell. So basically, I have an aoe respec, a burst ads respec, a pure cleave respec, and a single target respec. It's ludicrous that I have to switch between these to be effective, but that's the state of the game.

PS - I think they should remove rain of fire entirely and just make cataclysm baseline. But big changes like that will never happen. Shadowburn also should be baseline. Then we'd have burst and aoe, problem solved. Never gonna happen though
    Last edited by benjaminandjen; 2016-08-27 at 04:44 PM.

I agree with cataclysm

For Demonology it would be nice to have an ability that let's us not have to ramp up our dps every fight, because it takes around twelve seconds to do so. Our mobility is terrible, so in a raiding environment, if were pushed away from our target we need to redo the ramp up. That's not fun and completely debilitating at twelve seconds.

Maybe something that we can channel while moving that enlengthens the longevity of our pets and keeps them buffed with demonic empowerment. Add on top a CD that releases all our demons at once we can use at the start of every fight.
    Last edited by Height; 2016-08-27 at 06:00 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Yay, slight buffs to our fillers and a spell no one used.
    The specs are broken on a mechanical level. Destruction is not a spec anyone who played destruction previously would want to touch and while affliction is tons better than the WOD version, it's still a DOT spec with huge ramp up that has zero ways to apply quick damage(no chaos bolt, no curses, nothing). Unholy DK is an example of a DOT spec done right.

Demo is really unique and interesting but I don't find it fun.

Destruction needs a complete overhaul which we won't get for an entire expac. It plays NOTHING like it's previous expac versions and had all of it's class fantasy ripped out of it for "random XD" damage and portals. Imp also does not belong to this spec. Destruction is a disaster.

Affliction could be saved if they would've given it curses(agony would count as a curse, 1 curse per you per target same basic stuff), shadow bolt, and nightfall procs again. Optional spells to use when waiting for DOT's to ramp up isn't a viable option(which is 99% of the game). Having a DOT class, which already has huge ramp up, and giving the dots themselves a ramp up time, is mind blowingly stupid. There's enough ramp up time already on a DOT class, no need to make agony have a ramp up time still in 2016. It's baffling.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-08-27 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    if you mean I'm having more fun with my 'lock than I've had in years it is working as intended
    Oh yeah for sure, Im not planning on jumping the warlock ship, I love my warlock

Deleted
    It's far too late for any changes other than number tweaks at this point. Sure, they could pull a lever and make Demonic Empowerment instan tor castable while moving, but they won't, a change like that would need lots of testing , too late

It honestly puzzles me how a mess like demo can be left to fester until it's too late. Demo's problems are not numbers, it's lack of tools to make it perform in most real boss encounters

Demo is the new affliction, basically, really good at tunneling a single target whilst not having to move. Sadly no bosses are target dummies. So most of the time demo's damage potential goes down the pan

If some insists on raiding with it, it will be like WOTLK affliction

"Stay on the boss because it's all you are good for"

I also think that destruction's RNG mastery is dumb and it's absolutely silly at how weak Chaos Bolt is. Not that I want to play destruction anyway, I always hated it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Destruction needs a complete overhaul which we won't get for an entire expac. It plays NOTHING like it's previous expac versions and had all of it's class fantasy ripped out of it for "random XD" damage and portals. Imp also does not belong to this spec. Destruction is a disaster..
    Of all th epets the Imp is the obvious choice for destructions. It essentially casts mini incinerates. I;d say th eonly other suited pet is an infernal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    The specs are broken on a mechanical level. Destruction is not a spec anyone who played destruction previously would want to touch and while affliction is tons better than the WOD version, it's still a DOT spec with huge ramp up that has zero ways to apply quick damage(no chaos bolt, no curses, nothing). Unholy DK is an example of a DOT spec done right.

Demo is really unique and interesting but I don't find it fun.

Destruction needs a complete overhaul which we won't get for an entire expac. It plays NOTHING like it's previous expac versions and had all of it's class fantasy ripped out of it for "random XD" damage and portals. Imp also does not belong to this spec. Destruction is a disaster.

Affliction could be saved if they would've given it curses(agony would count as a curse, 1 curse per you per target same basic stuff), shadow bolt, and nightfall procs again. Optional spells to use when waiting for DOT's to ramp up isn't a viable option(which is 99% of the game). Having a DOT class, which already has huge ramp up, and giving the dots themselves a ramp up time, is mind blowingly stupid. There's enough ramp up time already on a DOT class, no need to make agony have a ramp up time still in 2016. It's baffling.
    I agree in many things, but... how does the Imp "not belong to this spec"? The Imp has been ALWAYS destro pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post

Of all th epets the Imp is the obvious choice for destructions. It essentially casts mini incinerates. I;d say th eonly other suited pet is an infernal.
    inferno is the real obvious choice. how do imps fit destro? i never wanted to use an imp and that won't change. the only real option that actually fits into the destruction theme is the inferno. it always reminds me of the trash in mount hyjal when they fall down from the sky. when i think about imps i just want to use gosac.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I cant play lock anymore after the decided the to kill KJC. RIP the most fun class I ever played.
    Aren't you like, a whole fucking expansion too late with this post? Why are you still here?

Deleted
    It's not like there was another dot dps spec that was parsing below "unpopular" specs like bm hunter for almost 2 expansions, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Destro is just such a snore without baseline Backdraft and Shadowburn. One or the other (preferably Shadowburn) being baseline would help the spec a lot.

It's really Chaosbolt that needs the buff. It doesn't feel like a pay off.

Managing good Eradication buff up times and using Havoc + Roaring Blaze well has proved surprisingly fun.

Shadowburn play style is still there, just easier.

Backdraft is horrible. Using it greatly diminishes mobility options but again, the payoff doesn't seem to be there. It should probably increase a secondary stat as well.

Regarding Affliction, a long ramp up WAS fine, but they removed the execute mechanics that made the pay offs for long ramp up worth it.

Give Aff back its execute advantage.

My real fear is Blizz will continue to make talents palatable by nerfing the competing talents in that tier.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2016-08-27 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why they had to mess with something that was already fine. I can understand the changes to Demonology because of Demon Hunters, but nothing else needed to be touched. They just screw things up as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post

Regarding Affliction, a long ramp up WAS fine, but they removed the execute mechanics that made the pay offs for long ramp up worth it.

Give Aff back its execute advantage.

My real fear is Blizz will continue to make talents palatable by nerfing the competing talents in that tier.
    Yeah I do miss my arcane blast level drain soul tick, it was surprisingly satisfying.

I also miss the feeling of slowly climbing the dps meter when that sub 35% talent and sub 25% DS kick in.

I actually love how every warlock specs were played back in cata, probably because I switched to warlock in 4.1 (I know many people hate destro's soulfire and demo pet switching demon soul). Still remember that super clunky 20 buttons Pet switching MWC melee demo lol.