Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They've just tried really hard to make healing less fun this expansion, it seems. Boring talents and artifacts. Unrewarding masteries. Even complete alterations of specs like disc, giving them a higher skillcap (and higher frustration-level) than any other spec for no real reward.

Doesn't help that the healers don't have fun off-specs.

They should've given DHs a healing off-spec. Called it HATE. That would be its resource, too. Heal people with your hatred of them. It's regenerated passively, but also fueled by them taking avoidable damage. And make 'em a fucking melee healer, too; who gives a fuck? Means you don't have to rape holy paladins more than you already have just to shoehorn something like that in there for whatever reason. Shit, the thematic and class-fantasy is so fucking perfect. Real lost opportunity there, blizz.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

People need to change their attitude towards healers because it can be difficult and you need thick skin and confidence.
    And quite often, during a raid or Battleground , healers will get abused in chat.
    Even whispered abuse by some douche in a BG

People do not want to be abused in game by anyone...

Deleted
    I'm going to level as Resto Druid - I don't mind others getting there first a few days early - should make them have better gear and more idea by the time I want to heal instances.

I'll probably be healing again in Legion, which rules out re-rolling DH.

As a Raider, I loved both Tanking and Healing, although healed 90% of the time. Ever since I've been casual and in the pug scene I've given up on Tanking and have slowly become bitter towards healing.

If a Bad tank dies, it's the healers fault.
    If DPS die to avoidable damage, it's the healers fault.

Tanks have it worse because they're also expected to lead, but Healers are frequently victims of the flawed vote kick system where people blindly kick yes after a wipe because logic. Fortunately for me, I've been healing since Vanilla so know how to pad the meters which keeps the PUG police off my back in a raid setting

Ultimately, I'll probably stick to healing for ease of pugging, but my ignore list will continue to grow because of it.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2016-08-27 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    People need to change their attitude towards healers because it can be difficult and you need thick skin and confidence.
    And quite often, during a raid or Battleground , healers will get abused in chat.

Oh please.

Poor little healers. Everyone gets abused in chat. Sometimes the DPS and sometimes the tanks. But when the healers get their turn guys like you start acting like they are somewhat special and woe to the world cause healers are getting upset. Poor, healers are so special that you must not call them on their poor performance. Everyone else is fine but no, don't say a thing to healers.

Fuck that. God awful healing has been a thing since WoTLK. And please, if you can't cut it like everyone else, then quit. What's this pampering shit? Don't worry, Blizzard will find a way to fill up the position one way or another.

Deleted
    Don't know if there is a huge difference, but on EU realms I see many healers and tanks. Not only for pve, but also pvp. Perhaps people are just doing pvp to get use to the changes before Legion goes live ?
    I mean, heroic dungeons rewards 630 ilvl gear compared to invasions 700+ stuff. Even pvp gear is way better than heroic dungeons. And LFR? Why would anyone bother at this point ? Heroic or mythic raiding ? Not at this point...
    Now is also the time for leveling alts - in just a few days I leveled my aff lock and enhancement shaman from 10 to 70 by doing invasions bgs and a few dungeons.
    And about invasions - think most healers speced dps for it as it is a solo experience - not many who bother forming a group

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Why do so many people play mobas then?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why do so many people play mobas then?
    For the exact opposite reason? Notice how the common narrative in mobas is "I carried like a god, we lost because of those idiots messing up". I suppose you could count it as "being abused" in the sense that they believe they suffer from horrible teammates every single game. The reason they keep playing is so that everyone can see their pro skills and giant epeens - and so they'll be completely justified in abusing everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Hi,
    Coming back from Hiatus one of the things i noticed was that healers seem to be in super high demand. As someone who mained a healer for a long time I'm familiar with how hard it is to find one normally. However I'm not sure it it's legion artifart system or what and wanted to know what you guys think. I'm highly tempted to go back to my old main but I want to try to focus on PvP this expansion and pvp healing sucks balls to do. My thread doesn't just pertain to PvP as I was slightly more curious about the PvE aspect.
    Its not very fun to play a spec with gimped dps possibilities in an expansion which denies quick and easy spec changing because of artifact leveling grind. In other words, why gimp yourself in any forms of solo content? To heal a bunch of fuckers who will inevitably kick you next second after a mouthbreathing keyboard turning idiot dies in a fire? Nope. I heal only for my guild and friends, randoms can die in a fire for what I care.

Also: pve-wise its very hard to find good damage dealers, not healers or tanks.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-08-27 at 10:11 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I have several healing chars wich I love to play inguildgroups and with vriend. I just dont heal in pugs or lfd because i dont wanna be blamed when people stand in fire for 30 sec with no intention of getting out of it and look at me when they die. I know from otters they feel the same.
    Last edited by mmoc98542de653; 2016-08-27 at 10:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will be disc till the sun blows up.

I also happen to love how the new disc is, fun as hell.

my guild has 5 healers, 2-3 offspec healers as well as 2 ex raiders that wants to raid in legion as healers.
    if there's a lack of them it's because they are all hooked up by guilds and mainly does things within their guild.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i dont know i have the feeling that there are too many healers in like every raiding guild.

blizz stated at the beginning of wod that mythic raids would need 4-5 healers on average, but most stuff was killed with 3. so basically there is at least one healer to much on every roster. on heroic runs with like 16 or so people two heals are enough most of the time, so for more casual / non progress guys, the healer per raider ratio has gotten even worse, and many healers felt it would be better to go Dps in the last expansion. The fight for a raid spot for heals nowadays it worse than it was for tanks.

good dps are always searched for, so yeah healer population is low, because organized raiding needs very little healers, and healing pugs is a nightmare that sane people wont go through.
    Next to no difference between dps and healing gear anymore. Also if one just wants dps gear they can change thier loot specialization and get gear for what ever spec they want but spirit gone anyway so no real difference anymore anyway so that problem doesn't exsist anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    I have several healing chars wich I love to play inguildgroups and with vriend. I just dont heal in pugs or lfd because i dont wanna be blamed when people stand in fire for 30 sec with no intention of getting out of it and look at me when they die. I know from otters they feel the same.
    This is exactly how I feel I only heal in guild groups or with friends in any sort of pug or looking for I will only dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Example of why people don't like healing. Last night, was running an lfr of HFC, and the tank pulls the mini boss graggra, seemingly on purpose, alongside the other gronnling and the higher trash pack, raid promptly starts taking effing shit ton of damage and we healers go into overdrive to keep everyone alive. No one dies, not a single person, even with no one spreading and just eating the smashes/breath attacks...the tank who pulled starts gobbing off and telling us we're shit and need to focus our heals better because he wasn't full health the whole encounter...and a few dps actually agreed with him.

Don't get me wrong, I love healing and will always have one as either main or first alt, but there are players who make the position a real chore and then compound the fact by getting aggro about their own failings that you bailed them out of....it's understandable that people are turning away from the role, why go through that abuse/confrontation, especially in a video game.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    Example of why people don't like healing. Last night, was running an lfr of HFC, and the tank pulls the mini boss graggra, seemingly on purpose, alongside the other gronnling and the higher trash pack, raid promptly starts taking effing shit ton of damage and we healers go into overdrive to keep everyone alive. No one dies, not a single person, even with no one spreading and just eating the smashes/breath attacks...the tank who pulled starts gobbing off and telling us we're shit and need to focus our heals better because he wasn't full health the whole encounter...and a few dps actually agreed with him.

Don't get me wrong, I love healing and will always have one as either main or first alt, but there are players who make the position a real chore and then compound the fact by getting aggro about their own failings that you bailed them out of....it's understandable that people are turning away from the role, why go through that abuse/confrontation, especially in a video game.
    Exactly it is the ultimate thankless job. No one really notices until someone dies and then a healer(s) are the first to be blamed. When most damage in this game is avoidable. So why do it for a group of unknowns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the years I've healed regularly in PvP. It's fun there because you feel like the guy with the big D who can massively influence the game.

In PvE I find healing just... boring. Somewhat 'static' I'd say.

i actually really like healing, did a several years as mainspec, but nowadays if someone wants to reroll healer (or tank) raidlead is like noooooooooooooooooooo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    They've just tried really hard to make healing less fun this expansion, it seems. Boring talents and artifacts. Unrewarding masteries. Even complete alterations of specs like disc, giving them a higher skillcap (and higher frustration-level) than any other spec for no real reward.

Doesn't help that the healers don't have fun off-specs.

They should've given DHs a healing off-spec. Called it HATE. That would be its resource, too. Heal people with your hatred of them. It's regenerated passively, but also fueled by them taking avoidable damage. And make 'em a fucking melee healer, too; who gives a fuck? Means you don't have to rape holy paladins more than you already have just to shoehorn something like that in there for whatever reason. Shit, the thematic and class-fantasy is so fucking perfect. Real lost opportunity there, blizz.
    I like your way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Problem is that healing with its huge mana constraints is archaic as a whole.
    So how would you *you* restrain healers?
    You have to make something hard or one healer could heal a whole raid. And Blizzard has had them all, In Vanilla it was mana vs. healoutput, in Wrath it was that hp could go down very fast so you had to respond quick, in several expansions you had to balance spirit vs. output. Plus the rotation over classes; I have seen all classes being best over the years.

Tanks and dps are also constrained; for dps it is traditionally proper rotation and smart targetting, for tanks it is hp and cd's plus coop with healers.

What I am enormously curious about is how healing will be at 110, properly geared. Right now we only know how beta worked, for the balance at 100 is not an indication. The dilemma I have is that I want a heal/dps approach and thus have to choose (artifact) holy or disc. If I choose wrong, resetting is not fun.

Deleted
    I got all 5 healer classes and it's nice. You can cherry pick your groups. It was specially nice seeing tons of groups for mythics all have 1 tank and 3 dps! I find healing most fun and don't have much problems even with bad groups. It's also nice again that people appreciate a good healer.