Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Still a issue with the game and you have no proof its because of connectivity, Atm its all word of mouth.
    I called it an issue, so you don't need to tell me it's an issue. Just go ahead and blow it out of proportion already.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    That still makes it a issue champ...
    But it makes it a bug, which can and does happen even to the best of games. It isn't an inherent design of the game like some in this thread were trying to infer. Even you yourself were assuming it was a feature rather then a bug.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it makes it a bug, which can and does happen even to the best of games. It isn't an inherent design of the game like some in this thread were trying to infer. Even you yourself were assuming it was a feature rather then a bug.
    Until there is a official word about it, None of us know what it is or if its just Ps4. We only have a few reports on it at this time.

If its a bug fix it and if it isn't still fix it. Any bug that erases your progress is bad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Not sure if its just me but that video has almost no sound.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    *cackles*

*cackles more (10 char)*

- - - Updated - - -

The big mod looks like it could make things a little (pun) more like the trailers were.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dlMpj

Looks more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    The big mod looks like it could make things a little (pun) more like the trailers were.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dlMpj

Looks more interesting.
    Wow, those screenshots look a lot better than many of the ones I've seen, especially the giant forest and mushroom ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, those screenshots look a lot better than many of the ones I've seen, especially the giant forest and mushroom ones.
    There's quite a few getting posted on the sub Reddit too.

https://i.imgur.com/Qs490wm.jpg

https://i.reddituploads.com/f61b4396...h=1536&w=1536&

I imagine it looks even better in action, or one would hope.

Whilst this one is someone doing their artwork, this would almost certainly drag me into the game.

Huh, didn't know that dude did art for NMS. I have a bunch of their art saved as part of my desktop background rotation, they do good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Zephyr got banned. Maybe this thread will take a constructive turn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wow, Zephyr got banned. Maybe this thread will take a constructive turn?
    Already has.

So any other mods people want to share? Modding this game definitely keeps it refreshing and new.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A PS4 connectivity issue. yep.
    Yep, blame the ps4 when 100s of games actually work as intended and advertised on it. Oh wait, you can't even say that for any version of NMS.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgmD-A-9LDo

A cool video someone made. The persons Instagram has a few NMS stills and showcases some of their other work (https://www.instagram.com/berduuu/)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think getting stuck in one solar system really helped me appreciate the scale of this game. When I originally discovered this system, I dubbed it "The Barrens" as it was...barren. Every planet I went to, completely dead. I quickly whipped up some hyperdrive fuel to move on, which was when I found out I was the victim of the terrible hyperdrive bug. Forced to squander among the doldrums, I began to master multi-tool tech, as every building had at least one upgrade. The gek language came second, and soon I started to find rarer and rarer resources. One planet had floating islands made entirely of copper, (I named the planet Todd, as Todd and Copper will always be best of friends,) one seems to be littered with rare pearls that sentinels HATE me taking. Finally, just when my hyperdrive hunting was getting routine and dull, I start discovering entire new ecosystems on these planets, one had a sandy desert with tall, thin spires of aluminum jutting skyward. I even discovered small lakes on one, water almost as clear as air, when I assumed the whole system was devoid of water.

Honestly, a single 'barren' planet has enough hidden beauty and interesting oddities to make a $30 game all by itself. The fact that we get quintillions of systems with several planets each is a pretty amazing thing. I can't wait until that elusive hyperdrive turns up and I can see what treasures the rest of this impossibly vast universe has for me. I think I can appreciate it even better now that I've been stuck on one system for so long.

It took them over a year to ban trolls like evcro from the star citizen thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    It took them over a year to ban trolls like evcro from the star citizen thread.
    That's not how the system works at all.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

Feel free to read the "Bans & Infractions - What the hell are they?" section.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "delay flying as much as possible, and has even considered delaying it until patch 6.1."
    As I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Blizzcon 2013
    Blizzard: Flying will be available in 6.1 (first major patch) and you will do an epic quest to enable it.

Release
    Blizzard: Oh wait, we like how this, let's wait until a later patch.

6.2 announcement
    Blizzard: OK, no more flying. Ever.

Blizzard: Ah, you really want flying. Just wait a few patches while we fix the world. You know, the world that should have been ready for flying in 6.1.
    To which you replied:

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... blizzard said no flying AT ALL EVER when wod was announced... but after launch they gave in and said "ok we will add it in a later patch, maybe 6.1" then later "will have to be 6.2 cause there is alot of world issues to fix"

they never started with saying yes it will be in, from day 1 of wod anouncment they were saying no flying ever, but later gave in to give us flying, dont try to change facts
    So which is it?
    (If it helps, I have edited my original quote slightly)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yep, blame the ps4 when 100s of games actually work as intended and advertised on it. Oh wait, you can't even say that for any version of NMS.
    It runs just fine on my PC.

Until there is a official word about it, None of us know what it is or if its just Ps4. We only have a few reports on it at this time.
    And yet people went ballistic. Again.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-08-27 at 06:53 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Do those 100s of games have an online component that works without PSPlus? PC version has no such issue.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Do those 100s of games have an online component that works without PSPlus? PC version has no such issue.
    Yes Destiny,ESO,DCUO,Black Light,Division and so on can be played without PS+ and have a online component.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Destiny,ESO,DCUO,Black Light,Division and so on can be played without PS+ and have a online component.
    That's like just 5 AAA games from big companies. Never heard of the So On game. But keep missing the point.

That's like just 5 AAA games from big companies. Never heard of the So On game. But keep missing the point.
    Then clear up your point, another one that is indie is helldivers. It runs a online alongside being able to be played SP and all your actions (finishing missions) effect the online part.