Deleted
    how much rage should i have before i actually use Slam?
    Im a bit new to the warrior for now, but it feels like im on low rage all the time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Tl;dr: level as a tank if you want to level fast, kill tough elites and rares, and if you play on a pvp server.
    Do not kill rares while lvling, as they'll scale with your lvl/ilvl. And can be used to maximum benefit in trying to increase your ilvl for mythic+/raids via WF/Titanforged rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatori View Post
    how much rage should i have before i actually use Slam?
    Im a bit new to the warrior for now, but it feels like im on low rage all the time!
    1) When you have 3 stacks of FR up and both CS and MS on cooldown.
    2) Deadly Calm Battly Cry is up
    3) You're about to be rage capped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Do not kill rares while lvling, as they'll scale with your lvl/ilvl. And can be used to maximum benefit in trying to increase your ilvl for mythic+/raids via WF/Titanforged rng.

That's a good advice from Asmongold, but there are 3 weeks til first raid and mythic+ opens, and that is more than enough time to get to 850 or close to it (tbh I don't even know what I'll be doing for 3 weeks, cuz most likely I will get 840+ in like first few days, spamming heroics with guild). So I might just open treasure chests and kill rares along the way so I won't have to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post

Such a waste of time, why would I skip out on xp and gear while leveling just to hit 110, then waste time running back through all the zones for gear that's going to be ilvl 790 when normal mode dungeons drop 805+ level gear? The rest of the tips are fine but that was is dumb. Especially with 3 weeks to gear up, it's just not beneficial.
    Last edited by globezorz; 2016-08-27 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    Such a waste of time, why would I skip out on xp and gear while leveling just to hit 110, then waste time running back through all the zones for gear that's going to be ilvl 790 when normal mode dungeons drop 805+ level gear? The rest of the tips are fine but that was is dumb. Especially with 3 weeks to gear up, it's just not beneficial.
    I'm still confused on how he gets 8 - 10 hours to get to 110. I spent 8 hours getting 105, and I was doing it pretty optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    I'm still confused on how he gets 8 - 10 hours to get to 110. I spent 8 hours getting 105, and I was doing it pretty optimally.
    Most people I've talked too say average is 12 hours with 8-10 hours for someone who knows what they're doing and does it well

I was just curious if there are any macros you guys are using to help with the FR build. Right now i have FR on its own key, and then a separate key with FR/Hamstring combined for Battle Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderhevel View Post
    I was just curious if there are any macros you guys are using to help with the FR build. Right now i have FR on its own key, and then a separate key with FR/Hamstring combined for Battle Cry.
    That's all you really need IMO, you could theoretically have a separate bind with hamstring attached to each ability, but I think that's overkill. Hamstring is such a small bonus that having it macro'd just to another FR bind is all I'd suggest if you want to go that route. I have my hamstring on a mouse button able to be freely spammed during the BC window.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    2 guys in Serenity did it in 6.5 lol

It's kind of sad how much more fun fury is than Arms atm.

I love the class fantasy of arms, and will always go to it first...but I really think the core gameplay or Arms needs some serious attention.

Archi will you be releasing the "guides" before Tuesday?

@Warriorsarri will you be releasing an arms guide personally or will we need to just catch your stream for the information?

The one thing that irks me about the class fantasy that they went with for arms is "Tactician." Why the hell is "Tactician" the buzz word for an arms warrior lol? For guys like Garrosh/Grommash. I don't know, in the past, when I think arms warrior, I think brute with a 2h that often swings slow, but relentlessly swings damn hard and with a lot of force.

None of this tactician or precision garbage they keep throwing around. Arms in my head is the "warlord" fantasy not the tactician/strategist fantasy. Arms the relentless brute and Fury the furious (lol) berserker.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-08-27 at 08:04 PM.

I'm not a writer, per say, but I'm quite certain Archi will have a guide up at some point.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    I completely agree with Anbokr, I loved the way Gromash and Garosh fight, I have orc warrior and I want the feel of the Orc warrior, also in the cinematics, Varian wasn't just standing around and counting rage, making tactics like "tactician", wasn't "focusing" his rage into one blow. But well blizz allways know what we want and in that case we "want" and we "are" vrykul like warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The one thing that irks me about the "class fantasy" that they went with for arms is "Tactician." Why the hell is "Tactician" the buzz word for an arms warrior lol? For guys like Garrosh/Grommash. I don't know, in the past, when I think arms warrior, I think brute with a 2h that often swings slow, but relentlessly swings damn hard and with a lot of force.

None of this tactician or precision garbage they keep throwing around. Arms in my head is the "warlord" fantasy not the tactician/strategist fantasy. Arms the relentless warrior and Fury the furious (lol) berserker.
    muhClass Fantasy also includes Prot Warriors using a known Warlock spell, Fury doing magical fire damage on a whim, and Arms being corrupted and pulsing Shadow Damage (kind of like Shadowmourne).
    Arms, the Relentless Warrior who also strategically takes advantage of his foes with a Shadow damage ground aoe and Shadow DoT while screaming "I'm not a dk, I swear!"

Sorry, I'm not a fan of this direction either and feel it's just a matter of time before Warriors become merged with DK based on Class Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The one thing that irks me about the "class fantasy" that they went with for arms is "Tactician." Why the hell is "Tactician" the buzz word for an arms warrior lol? For guys like Garrosh/Grommash. I don't know, in the past, when I think arms warrior, I think brute with a 2h that often swings slow, but relentlessly swings damn hard and with a lot of force.

None of this tactician or precision garbage they keep throwing around. Arms in my head is the "warlord" fantasy not the tactician/strategist fantasy. Arms the relentless warrior and Fury the furious (lol) berserker.
    Because the classes are multi-faceted rather than just one thing.

Fury Warriors aren't mindless berserkers. Yes, they follow the raging berserker theme, but that doesn't automatically mean they are dull-witted, rage-aholics, or adrenaline junkies, they're still Warriors.

Similarly, Arms Warriors aren't just mindless brutes wildly swinging a large weapon, they are also Knights, Men-at-Arms, Mercenaries, and brawlers. You name Garrosh/Grom, and while they might be brutish, even though both did some f'd up stuff, and inevitably fell in combat, it's hard to argue that they didn't possess keen tactical minds.

Classes in WoW (attempt to) encompass many fantasies under a few common themes. Inevitably there will be some conflict, but don't take each spell as indicative as the whole of the theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    muhClass Fantasy also includes Prot Warriors using a known Warlock spell, Fury doing magical fire damage on a whim, and Arms being corrupted and pulsing Shadow Damage (kind of like Shadowmourne).
    Arms, the Relentless Warrior who also strategically takes advantage of his foes with a Shadow damage ground aoe and Shadow DoT while screaming "I'm not a dk, I swear!"

Sorry, I'm not a fan of this direction either and feel it's just a matter of time before Warriors become merged with DK based on Class Fantasy.
    Don't confuse the weapon with the class. Arms Warriors are not corrupted, nor do they pulse Shadow Damage, they both come from the weapon itself. While the idea of using these powers might not resonate with some people, keep in mind that weapons imbued with otherworldly energies is not exactly a new concept:
    • Warriors wielding the Hand of Ragnaros weren't conjuring Fireballs, the hammer was.
    • Warriors wielding Thunderfury didn't control the power of the wind to create tornadoes, the sword did.
    • Warriors wielding Shadowmounre didn't control the shadow, powers of death or absorb souls, the Axe did.
    • Warriors wielding Gurthalak didn't summon old-god tentacles, the sword created them.

I'm pretty sure in most fantasy books I've read in my entire life warriors had some kind of OP weapons or artifacts and did crazy stuff with them while still being, you know, warriors. So I'm not really against that imba swords theme at all.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2016-08-27 at 08:43 PM.

Oh god! Please remake gurthalak! Best weapon ever