Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Horde didn't get an extra cinematic or anything

Especially when they can only make so many cinematics for an xpac.
    Over half of the main Horde cinematic wasn't completely about the other faction nor was it copy-pasted from the Alliance cinematic, resulting in the length of both Horde parts combined still being shorter than the opposite
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I don't know why the majority of Horde would feel slighted. Vol'jin was a terrible character that never did the faction any justice.

I figure they would hurl his corpse in to the nearest dumpster fire and be done with it.

Deleted
    Honestly, if she could, Sylvannas would rather raise Vol'jin as undead then build him a monument. For someone that literally was raised from the dead, a tombstone or monument might seem... useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Considering that your reply to me deliberately missed the point in the first place, no shit.
    I didn't miss the point at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Honestly, if she could, Sylvannas would rather raise Vol'jin as undead then build him a monument. For someone that literally was raised from the dead, a tombstone or monument might seem... useless.
    Why would she ever want to do it ? If you gonna weaponize something by replacing its limbs with chainsaws, you may as well find better host that lol'jin.

Well, Varian was last decent character in the Alliance, blizzard better do some good memorial for him because from this point, none of their leaders are wroth of the single little tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I don't know why the majority of Horde would feel slighted. Vol'jin was a terrible character that never did the faction any justice.

I figure they would hurl his corpse in to the nearest dumpster fire and be done with it.
    That's one way of looking at it. Another would be that Horde should feel slighted because Blizz didn't write Vol'jin better. Seriously, it's not like these characters determine their own good or bad writing, or even their own deeds. Blizz decides all that. Trolls and the Horde deserve a hero they can feel as proud of as the Alliance feels about Varian right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Why would she ever want to do it ? If you gonna weaponize something by replacing its limbs with chainsaws, you may as well find better host that lol'jin.
    Sylvannas knows better than to mess with Vol'jin's spirit. She doesn't need those enemies. Besides, rallying the Horde to avenge Vol'jin's death is the single biggest factor securing her acceptance as War Chief at the moment. That whole cinematic was about justifying why any of us would accept her as War Chief, given how little most of us trust her.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I didn't miss the point at all.
    Totes. "Let's cut Alliance part from Alliance cinematic then" is obviously a completely valid response to a post about faction exposure/faction specific content in cinematics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

People keep making these threads that makes me have second thoughts about coming to this site

If killing brain cells was a crime, the police would monitor this site 24/7 and rake in the criminals

If only Varian was able to zoom out, he would have seen the demons coming and not have been stabbed like a noob.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

It's just not something that's part of eeither the Horde culture, or Troll culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    If only Varian was able to zoom out, he would have seen the demons coming and not have been stabbed like a noob.
    lol ~ He was trying to solo a raid boss, and one with lots of adds. But that max camera thing got him in the end.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    My spit, and some wild boar shit i scraped from my boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yes, but what if she wants to make a 2-headed troll? And merge Vol'jin with Zul'jin? And put Kael'thas's head there as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, but what if she wants to make a 2-headed troll? And merge Vol'jin with Zul'jin? And put Kael'thas's head there as well?
    0 + 0 always = 0. Better combine icecrown vampires with squirrels to make this:

I mean this is much more intimidating that lol'jin ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Orgrimmar has had 2 city revamps while Stormwind has had a crater on fire for years.
    That's what happens when you cheat your masons, and then blow your entire infrastructure budget on a statue of your dead king

Deleted
    Voljin got a real funeral, which the horde players was a part of. I would not be surprised if he comes back at some point in spirit form, becoming the trolls spiritual guide, and play some role for the horde story.
    Varian assumes dead, but what was that green blink anyway? Did he get turned into a demon? Could lead to some interesting story for the alliance anyway.
    We will have to wait and see if the story of voljin and Varian is actually over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    2) Varian was dead the moment he took two blades through the chest. Guldan just finished him off. Voljin was fel poisoned.
    3) Both Bolvar and Varian died like little bitches. That's two lossss for Aliance - three if you count Jaina going all emo yet again and taking off in a time of war.
    horde people are never going to come to terms with the fact that theyre inferior. in every single way possible except shamanism.

Varian has hands down the best death in WoW. Now, tirion kinda goes down like a bitch yes.

We also see in the alliance cut scene that the alliance is pretty handily taking care of the legion until that fel reaver shows up and gul dan blasts the skyfire.

horde falls to regular demons, alliance kicks their ass and gets hit by a lucky pot shot from the boss Gul Dan.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    Ally get monument, Horde get toys from prepatch. Still think horde side is unfair...?
    I'd rather have something usable ingame rather than a monument to look at.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Alliance builds statues while their people starve, Horde remembers and honors their heroes and fallen in other ways.

I'm glad to be Horde.