Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the giant's voice lmao

BLBLBBLLLBLBLLRLRLRLRLRLBLLBLBLBLB BRRR RAEDRAR AR
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is a fun story, but pathological liars can be quite convincing with their tales...I would not consider eyewitness info/"I heard stories on base" etc to be actual evidence lol...

Also a 12-15 foot dude is likely not going to be 1100 lbs...maybe 500-700 lbs...also, really? Biblical creatures? An angel locked under the Euphrates with a bunch of prisoners yet no one knows or talks about it?

This all seems a little too fantastical to me.
    Na. They could easily weigh 1100 pounds being that tall. Male Gorillas are only about 6 foot tall and can weigh up to 500 pounds. The largest land carnivore in modern times was a polar bear which stood 12 feet tall and weighed close to 2000 pounds.

But this is about as fantastical story as Big Foot is. With out physical evidence, it can be brushed aside as nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Native Americans have all kinds of stories about giants that occupied the Americas prior to the arrival of Europeans...

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Hm... It really doesn't work like that. There is a practical limit to how high a human can grow. And it's hard limits, related to muscle density, which limits the practical size and pumping capacity of the heart, bone mass etc.

You literally can't simply upsize a human to 8ft+. It just won't work. As soon as you pass a certain limit you start running into problems with bones, muscle mass, weight, cardiovascular capacity etc. What you end up with is a very dysfunctional and sick human.
    I'm not sure if you read my post really, the tallest living man on record was in fact 8'11. Although yes, individuals with gigantism do indeed tend to have musculoskeletal problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Native Americans have all kinds of stories about giants that occupied the Americas prior to the arrival of Europeans...
    People have vivid imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    People have vivid imaginations.
    You should've seen this guy I fought the other day. Was a giant, I tell you. 20 feet tall easy. That's why I ran away, y'see, not 'cuz I'm a pussy.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

And a lot of Europeans have all kind of stories about werewolfs, vampires, ghosts. Same shit.

Tho it is oddly curious that we never found any archaeological evidence of giants ever. No giant tools, weapons, armor, houses or shelters, no bones, and absolutely no serious historical references outside religious texts.

The Roman Legions never ran into giants, nor has Alexander the Great, nor did the Persians, nor have the Egyptians, nor have the Conquistadors, nor has any other culture that made any serious empiric approach to recording reality. They tended to do a pretty good job at keeping records. Also do not confuse records with religious texts and fiction, which they also enjoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a lot of Europeans have all kind of stories about werewolfs, vampires, ghosts. Same shit.
    It's interesting you should mention that because the Bible, along with synchronized extra-Biblical, Biblically-endorsed texts like the Book of Enoch, talk of animal-human hybrids, vampires (the Amorites) and evil spirits.

It's interesting you should mention that because the Bible, along with synchronized extra-Biblical, Biblically-endorsed texts like the Book of Enoch, talk of animal-human hybrids, vampires (the Amorites) and evil spirits.
    What? My brain just imploded by the condensed bullshit you managed to squeeze into 33 words.

1, The Book of Enoch is a work of fiction. Extremely allegorical and even less historically accurate than the Bible (which is absolutely shit when it comes to historical accuracy).

2, The Book of Enoch doesn't talk about animal-human hybrids... it uses animals to tell parables about the supposed history of Israel. People represent angels and animals represent supposed historical characters, like Adam, Noah, Ishmael.

And finally Amorites sometimes called Canaanites were just another Semitic tribe/group living in the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorites We know because the Sumerians wrote about them, and while they mentioned they were fairly tall, they never claimed them to be superhumanly tall or to be vampires or any of that horseshit.

Seriously lay off the drivel man, it's not good for your sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seriously starting to wonder if we would somehow lose our technology in 300 years someone will pick up Lord of the Rings, Simarillion, The Hobbit, edit together a religion based on the books, and then point at the different texts as obviously confirming each other. I mean look! They all mention Elves and Orks.

Tho to be fair...Tolkien is helluva lot more consistent, logical and has better prose than most religious texts.

Ever hear of the Giant of Kandahar (Afghanistan)?
    US Marine Corps reportedly did have one on active duty, and that was over 40 years ago too. So yeah, sounds like more of the same:

(Americans got there 1st)
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? My brain just imploded by the condensed bullshit you managed to squeeze into 33 words.
    You need to study this material more.

I like how the OP is all "Truth or not..". Dude, it's not. 15 feet? But don't lissssten to me, it'sss not like I'm a lizzzzzzard or anything....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I like how the OP is all "Truth or not..". Dude, it's not. 15 feet? But don't lissssten to me, it'sss not like I'm a lizzzzzzard or anything....
    Jim Morrison fan, huh?

Deleted
    I think that giant is overcompensating for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I think that giant is overcompensating for something.
    Imagine how cranky you'd be if there were no giant women for you to mate with. No wonder they're in a killing mood, eh?

Jim Morrison fan, huh?
    Sorry, I don't listen to hip hop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Sorry, I don't listen to hip hop.
    Me neither. (Well, okay, once in a great while...)

I've been to some great magic shows and it is AMAZING what tricks magicians can pull off to make you think you saw something. I can just imagine some people with nothing to do for 40 years setting up an elaborate magic show to scare locals into thinking there is a real 15 foot tall giant, and then word spreads that there are giants in the mountains.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't remember any of those (except the evil spirits) but I do distinctly remember a fire breathing dragon. Someone brought it up thinking it was evidence that the bible mentioned dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've been to some great magic shows and it is AMAZING what tricks magicians can pull off to make you think you saw something. I can just imagine some people with nothing to do for 40 years setting up an elaborate magic show to scare locals into thinking there is a real 15 foot tall giant, and then word spreads that there are giants in the mountains.
    I've always thought most of it was the fact that most of the information was shared orally. "The telephone game" effect, as claims got distorted (and usually exaggerated) over time. I could see how someone could get a unicorn out of a rhino by coming back from a trip south with tales about "these great huge beasts, the size of horses, with a big ol' horn on the front of their head! "
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-08-27 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Book of Enoch is a work of fiction.
    Most of this thread's detractors believe the official Bible to be a work of fiction too, so it doesn't surprise me that you'd feel that way about the Book of Enoch.