Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    People should stop posting myths about this subject.

They are mandatory to have fun in the game and it costs to reroll a character plus the losses to change to a new one
    Back in Cata I believe my old Realm CrushRidge fell apart and went from a high population realm to a low. A lot has changed since in that realms don't matter too much, though obviously they still matter. Blizzards devs put so much effort to make realms kinda unified but are hesitant to just give away free realm transfers.

Again, it's hurting the game. This is why making a character on a low population realm is a big no no, cause you're just screwing yourself. Which for new players, low population realms are the default. So once you level up your character, you're kinda screwed. Some experienced players wouldn't mind going to low pop realms as well. Some wouldn't mind going to PVE realms, or some would rather be in PvP realms. It's not like the game is healthy with 3.2 million active subscriptions right now.

It's time to let go of the greed Blizzard, and make a better game. Really should be focused on a good game first, and the money will always follow.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Yes, the true attachment to a character that makes us need to change both their faction and their race, two of the most central parts of an RPG character rather than creating a new character of that faction/race, and leveling them as an individual.....

Your logic, it hurts me.
    It's not always lore based or even RPG oriented.. but time invested, achievements, etc. History.

as someone with an account nearly 12 years old

no you don't need this.

Deleted
    All those commenting about how they feel for the OP being attatched to a character in an RPG, they aren't that attached if all they want is to faction and race change, that's not being attached at all, also asking blizzard to give you free stuff when you already stated you aren't subscribed...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i understand having that be the case with your main. one character. i personally am very attached to my main. ive done every available quest in the game, and have every possible legendary on her, bar atiesh.

one character is very easy to budget a transfer/faction change on. for the rest, i dont really see there being a significant attachment to the point that they just cant be rerolled, especially with things like the wardrobe.
    And yet, for me, they ALL have meaning and an attachment. Most of them I leveled back before Heirlooms existed... I have actual fond memories of learning them, funny deaths and instances. Particular to me is that I started playing while I recovered from a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with Leukemia. I have /played hundreds of days on my toons... and I have strong bonds and memories with each.

Would I like to transfer the entire account somewhere? Yes.. I'd love to see populations like Wrath again... but I'm not paying that kind of money. So instead I take year long breaks when I get bored which, in the long run, loses Blizzard more money than doing some special or account wide transfer deal.

Deleted
    So you leveled the characters to 100, knowing that it is neither the server NOR the faction that you actually want to play.

Nothing to add to this. xD

How this thread got to 14 pages based on the quality of the original post is beyond me...

OT: Silly discussion is silly. Blizzard doesn't care that you picked the wrong server or race. Options are available to you should you really wish to switch.

To those that feel for new players who default to a low pop server - I'll give you that one. Happened to me when I was new and didn't know any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Back in Cata I believe my old Realm CrushRidge fell apart and went from a high population realm to a low. A lot has changed since in that realms don't matter too much, though obviously they still matter. Blizzards devs put so much effort to make realms kinda unified but are hesitant to just give away free realm transfers.

Again, it's hurting the game. This is why making a character on a low population realm is a big no no, cause you're just screwing yourself. Which for new players, low population realms are the default. So once you level up your character, you're kinda screwed. Some experienced players wouldn't mind going to low pop realms as well. Some wouldn't mind going to PVE realms, or some would rather be in PvP realms. It's not like the game is healthy with 3.2 million active subscriptions right now.

It's time to let go of the greed Blizzard, and make a better game. Really should be focused on a good game first, and the money will always follow.
    3.2 million you say... did you break into Blizzard and steal the subscriber numbers? Blizzard HAS the money already... So something had to happen for them to get it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    How this thread got to 14 pages based on the quality of the original post is beyond me...
    It's beyond us all. This is some next level trolling we don't normally get in these parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    3.2 million you say... did you break into Blizzard and steal the subscriber numbers? Blizzard HAS the money already... So something had to happen for them to get it.
    WoW Census. I know what you're going to say but consider that there isn't any other souce for subscriber numbers. So 3.2 million it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    why does everyone here enjoy trying to prove people wrong or keep repeating each other about one mistake
    because they like the smell of their own farts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's beyond us all. This is some next level trolling we don't normally get in these parts.
    cause the neckbeards need to point out the same flaws in the original post over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Census. I know what you're going to say but consider that there isn't any other souce for subscriber numbers. So 3.2 million it is.
    Would that be the same Wow Census that says they haven't seen any of my toon since May? Would that be the same Wow Census that has failed to notice any of my 18+ toons that I log in at least every other days? THAT Wow Census?

Sorry, even if its the only people ESTIMATING the population it doesnt' fucking count if they have it FUCKING WRONG.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    why does everyone here enjoy trying to prove people wrong or keep repeating each other about one mistake
    Because MMO-Champion is 99% neckbeards? My guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabii View Post
    as someone with an account nearly 12 years old

no you don't need this.
    Yeah, but I think 100% of people can admit, locking characters behind these kinds of charges is a pretty archaic process. I mean, a name change is $10? Lol.

MMO-Champ people are also the worst problem solvers. I mean, if they let you undelete a character every 30 days, how come I can't transfer a character every 30/90 days. That debunks the whole "People would be switching all the time" nonsense. And changing your character's name shouldn't be something that costs money.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2016-08-27 at 05:34 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

Yeah, but I think 100% of people can admit, locking characters behind these kinds of charges is a pretty archaic process. I mean, a name change is $10? Lol.

... I mean, if they let you undelete a character every 30 days, how come I can't transfer a character every 30/90 days. That debunks the whole "People would be switching all the time" nonsense. And changing your character's name shouldn't be something that costs money.
    Let me say that even agreeing with you, I'm not against charging this services, but I am strongly against discrimination by the absurd prices that are practiced. If I was a rich person I would not have any problem.

Sorry, but they are not going to change their prices, they are not going to lower anything just because players do not agree with them. If you cannot afford it all at once, then stagger it out. It would take longer but it will happen in the long run. Don't think that you are the only one that feels this way, this has been done before, letter to blizzard trying to get them to change their ways. They won't becuase they make too much money off of those services, they also don't really care what their player base says about their prices as they havent changed them since day one, and they dont plan on changing them any time soon.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    Let me say that even agreeing with you, I'm not against charging this services, but I am strongly against discrimination by the absurd prices that are practiced. If I was a rich person I would not have any problem.
    Thing is, IF you really wanted to change faction or race bad enough you'd find the money. Blizzard doesn't really WANT folks changing, BUT enough folks have bitched and Blizzard acquiesced. Now folks that want to can. As far as it being discrimination, I think you are being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Because MMO-Champion is 99% neckbeards? My guess.

- - - Updated - - -

MMO-Champ people are also the worst problem solvers. I mean, if they let you undelete a character every 30 days, how come I can't transfer a character every 30/90 days. That debunks the whole "People would be switching all the time" nonsense. And changing your character's name shouldn't be something that costs money.
    How is undeleteing a character even remotely close to moving a character? You do understand they don't want you to move toons at a whim all over the place? If it was allowed realms could die overnight. That is one of the win reasons a fee is in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    Sorry, but they are not going to change their prices, they are not going to lower anything just because players do not agree with them. If you cannot afford it all at once, then stagger it out. It would take longer but it will happen in the long run. Don't think that you are the only one that feels this way, this has been done before, letter to blizzard trying to get them to change their ways. They won't becuase they make too much money off of those services, they also don't really care what their player base says about their prices as they havent changed them since day one, and they dont plan on changing them any time soon.

You do know why though right? They don't want people to move and radically change realm populations overnight.
    So the price is there to discourage it but if one really wants to they can do it. Heck when game began you couldn't have different faction toons on the same realm.

Wow, this shit made it to page 15...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Would that be the same Wow Census that says they haven't seen any of my toon since May? Would that be the same Wow Census that has failed to notice any of my 18+ toons that I log in at least every other days? THAT Wow Census?

Sorry, even if its the only people ESTIMATING the population it doesnt' fucking count if they have it FUCKING WRONG.
    Got an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    Sorry, but they are not going to change their prices, they are not going to lower anything just because players do not agree with them.
    You're right. They'll listen when you vote with your wallet. In other words, don't buy Legion.

They won't becuase they make too much money off of those services, they also don't really care what their player base says about their prices as they havent changed them since day one, and they dont plan on changing them any time soon.
    Unless people don't play WoW because of these services, then I'd imagine they'll change their price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got an alternative?

You're right. They'll listen when you vote with your wallet. In other words, don't buy Legion.

Unless people don't play WoW because of these services, then I'd imagine they'll change their price.
    If they are wrong then they aren't really an alternative. Besides, why should anyone accept your opinion of the game's 'health' as fact? And exactly how does that relate to OP's situation?