Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then clear up your point, another one that is indie is helldivers. It runs a online alongside being able to be played SP and all your actions (finishing missions) effect the online part.
    My point is - you employ a logic fallacy. Just because there are games that have no issues (now, after patches lol) doesn't mean shit. Let's talk about it in a year and see if there are any issues, ok?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    My point is - you employ a logic fallacy. Just because there are games that have no issues (now, after patches lol) doesn't mean shit. Let's talk about it in a year and see if there are any issues, ok?
    Ummmmm No.

People buy a product now to use it and enjoy it now. Not to wait for it to be fixed down the line.

See that is the problem with people like you, your ok with broken games coming out because they can be patched and fixed later. When I buy a game I want it working now not 3 months from now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmmm No.

People buy a product now to use it and enjoy it now. Not to wait for it to be fixed down the line.
    Here's Division's issues even AFTER patches, look at them CONNECTIVITY issues, among others.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/0...w-to-fix-them/
    See that is the problem with people like you, your ok with broken games coming out because they can be patched and fixed later. When I buy a game I want it working now not 3 months from now.
    I've been playing video games since 1991, I've yet to play a game that haven't had issues at launch. Also I'm not as binary as you. There are many shades between perfect and broken. I've seen broken games (ports mostly), but I haven't seen perfect games. I've seen lots in-betweens though. NMS is far from broken, in the Euclid galaxy far away. As in not even close.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Ummmmm No.

But the game works. I have had zero, zero, performance issues in this game. No crash, only frame drops when i booted it up for the very first time. I have an average rig and I play on max settings.

I do expect games to work. It's never acceptable to release a broken game. However, what I can accept is games being improved through patches & updates post-release. Just recently, look at Diablo 3, TES:O, SW:TOR, Wildstar, etc. Each one of them was a 'working' game at launch but has been improved on tremendously in the past weeks & months & years. Hell, Diablo 3 doesn't even compare to its release version, it's a much much better game and it cost me €0 additional investment to make it great.

That's something I can live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, didn't know that dude did art for NMS. I have a bunch of their art saved as part of my desktop background rotation, they do good work.
    First time ever seen their stuff, shall have to see if they're on DeviantArt or similar, must be good stuff judging by that one image.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how the system works at all.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

Feel free to read the "Bans & Infractions - What the hell are they?" section.
    Yeah, the system doesn't work. Zephyr not being in here might at least make this thread worth reading again. At least until he's back and telling everyone how stupid they are for buying a game and liking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    It took them over a year to ban trolls like evcro from the star citizen thread.
    Evcro have been banned before, this is just temporary. It happens as soon as he starts posting crap almost every time he appears.

15+ Year Old Account
    HUGE EDIT KINDA FIXED MY ISSUE: Ok so after reading some of the comments I played around in the game a bit, I re-downloaded and reloaded the game for about two hours. I don't know what happened but all the discoveries re-appeared on my starting planet.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq1KN2oWcAA_SUc.jpg sorry for phone pic. I hope new news sites see this...It seems like a server bugs like it takes a while for your old discoveries to re download. Please spread the word and if you are having this problem just wait and see if your discoveries will return. It seems a little bugged where as you get further and further away from your starting point you can't see your old discoveries even when you find your way back. It's like the server lags behind big time and takes a while to find the old information. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...net_and_every/

It really is amazing how certain people are so quick to jump on the hate wagon for this game. Its like they actively look for any reason to crucify the game or developers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    HUGE EDIT KINDA FIXED MY ISSUE: Ok so after reading some of the comments I played around in the game a bit, I re-downloaded and reloaded the game for about two hours. I don't know what happened but all the discoveries re-appeared on my starting planet.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq1KN2oWcAA_SUc.jpg sorry for phone pic. I hope new news sites see this...It seems like a server bugs like it takes a while for your old discoveries to re download. Please spread the word and if you are having this problem just wait and see if your discoveries will return. It seems a little bugged where as you get further and further away from your starting point you can't see your old discoveries even when you find your way back. It's like the server lags behind big time and takes a while to find the old information. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...net_and_every/

It really is amazing how certain people are so quick to jump on the hate wagon for this game. Its like they actively look for any reason to crucify the game or developers.
    You beat me to it, just saw this on Reddit lol.

You can't blame folk for going at the devs considering how things turned out. Sure, some went over board a little, but such is life.
    Oddly, I thought Zephyr was tame compared to one or two of the others.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

This is really good news...I thought it was going to become yet another issue that Sean lied about.

Deleted
    Wow, steam are doing something I never thought I'd see.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...07&sh=f763640d

"Just heard on a random twitch channel they're giving refund so i gave it a shot even though I tried the day it came out, AND HOLY SHIT IT WORKED.
    I should mention I had 8 hours in the game, and a negative review.
    Edit: For anyone who is not getting a refund I would just keep trying. I'm not sure why it works for some and not others but no harm in just trying again."

Seems hit & miss according to Reddit & steam forums as to some getting refunds & others not, but some of them said they're going to try support tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Wow, steam are doing something I never thought I'd see.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...07&sh=f763640d

"Just heard on a random twitch channel they're giving refund so i gave it a shot even though I tried the day it came out, AND HOLY SHIT IT WORKED.
    I should mention I had 8 hours in the game, and a negative review.
    Edit: For anyone who is not getting a refund I would just keep trying. I'm not sure why it works for some and not others but no harm in just trying again."

Seems hit & miss according to Reddit & steam forums as to some getting refunds & others not, but some of them said they're going to try support tickets.
    Its not that surprising. In a fair few EU countries the "informative fabrications" that misinformed the consumer to the capabilities and mechanics of this game -lets not trigger someone and use the L word - can put valve under pressure for selling a product purchased due to misinformation in marketing. Countries have been getting much stricter with digital game refund policies in Europe and a couple of times in the past Valve has been caught in the middle of some developer making a product sold on lies and fake gameplay trailers and they are probably trying to cover their own ass. With a 85% and climbing abandon rate all of a sudden people arent bragging about the colossal number of people unhappy with the product that could very well adversely effect the developers reputation in future and theres a lot of people screaming or refunds with this one, its not a small portion of the audience it could be well up to 90% of its userbase that are unhappy and if even half of that want a refund thats class action level numbers and thats too much headache they dont need to bother with when they can just refund what its audience is calling "no mans lie" more and more often lately.

Considering the string of controversies, it's not too unreasonable for folks to jump to the worst possible option.

If only Hello Games would communicate with players, there wouldn't be issues like this. People would ask, they'd say it was a bug and explain it, the "controversy" would disappear.

But they're currently radio silent outside of talking about stability improvements, so folks are left to come to their own conclusions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering the string of controversies, it's not too unreasonable for folks to jump to the worst possible option. If only Hello Games would communicate with players, there wouldn't be issues like this. People would ask, they'd say it was a bug and explain it, the "controversy" would disappear. But they're currently radio silent outside of talking about stability improvements, so folks are left to come to their own conclusions.
    It is entirely unreasonable when it is based off of one person saying something is true. But I forgot you can always trust everything posted on the internet as being truth. Looking at it as a problem is fine but crucifying the devs and/or game over it is 100% unreasonable. Even you yourself was reserving judgement to see if it was a bug or a feature. That is reasonable.

The other responses were not reasonable by any stretch of the definition. And defending those responses as resonable is terrible. Stuff like that shouldn't be acceptable no matter what. Its why Death Threats to developers is par for the course now a days. Because we justify unreasonable reactions.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-08-27 at 09:06 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Considering the string of controversies, it's not too unreasonable for folks to jump to the worst possible option.

If only Hello Games would communicate with players, there wouldn't be issues like this. People would ask, they'd say it was a bug and explain it, the "controversy" would disappear.

But they're currently radio silent outside of talking about stability improvements, so folks are left to come to their own conclusions.
    Realistically, how many would believe them at this point?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Realistically, how many would believe them at this point?
    Virtually none. The human race has become so laden with hate that no matter what they say, even if it is the most rational and justified explanation in the world, the majority response would be very negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Virtually none. The human race has become so laden with hate that no matter what they say, even if it is the most rational and justified explanation in the world, the majority response would be very negative.
    Humans are prone to not believe serial liars and spin doctors. Who would of thought?

Still, the way Hello Games would earn any credibility back would be making factual statements, standing by them and them becoming true. Staying silent after getting downloaded by the internet isn't doing them any favors in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Humans are prone to not believe serial liars and spin doctors. Who would of thought?

Still, the way Hello Games would earn any credibility back would be making factual statements, standing by them and them becoming true. Staying silent after getting downloaded by the internet isn't doing them any favors in the least.
    If they knowingly lied or confused people (which I believe they did) then what can they say? That they did it?
    Sometimes the best course of action is so stay quiet and hope it blows over. And if it doesn't there is nothing you can do.

Such is the price of getting caught.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unfortunately it's the exact opposite. That's how this whole debacle started in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    Unfortunately it's the exact opposite. That's how this whole debacle started in the first place
    Oh yea? What is HG guilty of lying about before NMS? 90% of people had no clue who they where before it. Joe Danger was certainly not a hyped title.