Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i wonder how many will make a post bashing blizzard without knowing all of the changes? looks to be 70-80% so far.

some were buffed. some of the nerfs hardly matter.

if you were told for the first time that a bear legendary heals you for an extra 12%, would your immediate response be, "that's pure shit"?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    thats exactly what i fking said???
    Crap my bad. I read the guy you quoted and just quoted you on that. Sorry. Quick reading at work gets ya into trouble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Good. How good a class plays shouldn't depends on random drops.
    Or maybe that would make more options with more interresting gameplay.
    But that would probably be to complicated like the old talent system (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Or maybe that would make more options with more interresting gameplay.
    But that would probably be to complicated like the old talent system (lol).
    The old talent system wasn't complicated. It was simple. Follow cookie cutter build A, or get kicked out of your progression raid guild.

As an officer of a progression raid guild, I forced specs on people, because they were the best, according to the sim data, and recount data. We were competing for raid first, the raiders knew what they were getting into. I sat a few rogues that had their pvp talents instead of their raiding spec that night, and just brought a higher DPS instead, until they changed their specs.

It worked, we managed server first for Prince Malc, Server First Gruul, Server second Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    The old talent system wasn't complicated. It was simple. Follow cookie cutter build A, or get kicked out of your progression raid guild.

As an officer of a progression raid guild, I forced specs on people, because they were the best, according to the sim data, and recount data. We were competing for raid first, the raiders knew what they were getting into. I sat a few rogues that had their pvp talents instead of their raiding spec that night, and just brought a higher DPS instead, until they changed their specs.
    So it's wasn't complicated for progression raiders. Fair enough.

Nerf? Mage legendaries got a buff despite they were strong enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're post is inaccurate, fire mages got 2 buffs...

Blizzard just tuned Legendaries, just before the launch.

Would be a much more accurate title. Because A) you can't nerf something that isn't out yet B) Some were buffed C) You're being over dramatic.

Since the guy is banned and not source i assume this is a shitpost

They've made all legendaries available from vendor on the beta, so they probably got a lot more testing data/statistics the last few weeks.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not that good. They don't look unique. They don't come from any kind of special encounter, quest chain or boss.

They are legendary by text color. Great idea that for sure will stick with us for the coming expansions :P

Deleted
    Great change, some were complete crap and others were OP, it was more than required to nerf them to diminish the luck factor. One item shouldn't determine 10% or more of your DPS, especially when you can never get it throughout the whole expansion if you're unlucky.
    Last edited by mmoc2d1d97fafa; 2016-08-27 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They're not that good. They don't look unique. They don't come from any kind of special encounter, quest chain or boss.

They are legendary by text color. Great idea that for sure will stick with us for the coming expansions :P
    Blizz saw people whining "Back then, when epics were still epics." and so they decided to stick it to them and took it to a new level. Now even regular quests drop epics and it has become "Back then, when legendaries were still legendary."

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    The lead developer disagrees with you. Sorry.
    Yeah shit breaks my heart, the lead game dev that gave me WoD disagrees with me. Also, just because the game dev disagrees with me doesn't change my opinion about his ideas, I ain't sheep, I think for myself.
    Last edited by Zaanm4n; 2016-08-27 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Quotes

They should take them out of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    So what's wrong with them being nerfed? They're still better to a degree than raid gear, yet not so OP that they'd be mandatory, and face it, with WoW's community people would be enforcing Legendaries in the Raids/Mythic+ dungeons. You could be decked out in full raid tier gear and there'd be groups out there that won't invite you because you don't have a legendary or a specific one. This way they're still a perk but not so much that it'd matter if everybody or a majority in the raid had them. Sounds great because I'm like plenty of others and have a insanely bad streak with RNG.

Because cucked legendaries ruin the entire idea and purpose of legendaries. Legendaries are supposed to be OP, but balanced around being really hard to get. The cloak and ring were super strong and given out like candy. Look at how it trivialized content. They should be purple items, not orange

I went through their "effects" and most are terrible or very situational. They are like current ring. A flat ilvl bonus except few will have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're doing final tuning passes on many things. These nerfs should have been tested though. I don't understand how Blizz can think ANY tuning changes are suitable with merely internal testing after years of evidence points to it not being enough.
    They tested legendaries for months and specifically had a feedback thread on beta forums to gather players opinions I think they had enough time to figure which one to nerf and how much they should be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    As someone regularly screwed over by RNG, I echo this. But they've also mentioned that they want to implement a way for you to 'track' specific legendaries after you complete all the main story stuff. So you'll have people who get lucky while leveling out and about and don't have to worry, then the rest of us who need to farm shit.

You can't and don't need to farm for them...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    [Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas] is most certainly gonna get nerfed as well. That item in its current state just breaks any talent choices and the mana model.

For thoes that dont know what it does it makes target get a debuff for 12 seconds, when that target hits with an auto attacks it adds 2 seconds to all your healing over time. Thats every healing over time.

It's almost as if all these legendaries should never have been added into the game? I wonder which dumbass said that awhile ago?

Literally the dumbest idea i've ever seen put into an MMO.

Where is there a consolidated list of all the hotfix changes to the items? I can't find one anywhere....