Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I did have an active sub with SWTOR too for abt 6 months if memory serves. EA has never, ever sent me not one spam or advertising mail after I quit.

Blizzard also never sent me an advertising email either. I'd quit around March 2015 if memory serves after re-activating around January 2015. I levelled to 100 and then quit. Previously, my account was mostly inactive since WOTLK.

It follows that I won't be playing nor buying Legion, and AFAIK most of the Nostalrius community won't, either. We are on a different server now, almost everyone except Chinese.

EDIT: To be fair, Blizzard did award me three months of Free Play Time during WOD as a "way to say thank you to one of our Veteran players" which i did not take ofc.

I never played swtor longer than the free 30 days one gets when they but it and I have been getting emails from them at least once a month for years now. Guess what I delete them and move along with my day.

Oh your a nost play the game for free person hiding that little shot at blizz in here. Glad you found another place to illegally play the game will you whine when that is shut down too?

Wait, why haven't I gotten an email like that? Now I'm angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Look up sarcasm
    Oh well in that case I'm sorry.
    There are just people who really think this way and it really pisses me off.

I got this mail too, it was freaking cool I though, I usually delete blizzard mails, but I still set to receive them. This time I read and thought it was awesome that my main was mentioned. I've prepurchased two months ago anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

In the email they sent me they dared to put my Hunter character.

The same Hunter that the Legion class rework utterly butchered and removed 90% of all tools/abilities.

Hunter specs now have barely a third of what they could do before, by far the worst mangling i have ever seen since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    They have been doing this since long ago, like when I had to make ticket for them to fix their shit and GM said in the response "By the way, congratulations on acquiring that [recent Achievment]!"

It is supposed to create a jolly and familiar atmosphere but all it does is expose Blizzard's orwellian nature.
    Other emails often include some personal information to make it clearer when it is genuine, instead of generic "to account holder" or your email address.
    So why does including something account-specific make it orwellian.

People would complain if it were generic, people complain about getting an advertisement email when hoping for a beta invite.
    In short, people complain because they enjoy doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Wait, why haven't I gotten an email like that? Now I'm angry
    Me as well I am so angry.. Oh hold on that is right I went and bought Legion so I will not get one , coz of what fun I had in the beta I knew it would be lots of fun.. But gotta hand it to the OP they get a friendly and nice email from Blizz and they go how dare they send me a nice friendly advert email..

Makes me wonder maybe they wanted a "Hey scrub <Insert Character Name> come back to our game or we will kill your family if you don't.." If it was something like that then there would be something to complain / call the police/FBI about but there was not was just a friendly asking.. Makes one wonder about the OP it really does..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    I got this mail too, it was freaking cool I though, I usually delete blizzard mails, but I still set to receive them. This time I read and thought it was awesome that my main was mentioned. I've prepurchased two months ago anyway.
    You so lucky I have not gotten one..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Getting so sick and tired of people always saying ''Blizzard is getting desperate''
    Yep, they're pretty far from desperate, especially considering that WoW isn't even their main cash cow any more. Besides, WoW is slowly dying of old age and losing subs no matter what they do aside from rebooting it as WoW 2, I guess. So if anything, they're delaying the inevitable and are doing a pretty good job by the looks of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see that people still complain over anything
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    It's the camrip troll from the Warcraft film thread guys this guy basically lives to be a negative idiot, the second someone posts something new about the film in the thread, he'll be there to vomit all over it

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The same Hunter that the Legion class rework utterly butchered and removed 90% of all tools/abilities.
    Yup.
    The whole specs ruined.
    Transmogs ruined.
    Flying ruined.

Yet they are playing with us by that "personalized" mails...

It's interesting that they changed their tactic from "Come back to the world/content/adventure" to one of "Come back to your class, here is your prepackaged class fantasy in case you forgot or were fantasizing wrong", but not really surprising considering this expansion is all about trying to lock you into one spec on one character. Sending out adverts isn't desperate or unusual- they want to try to pull back people who aren't paying attention, which is again another reason why it's trying to be personal and make you reconnect with one of your characters.

It's not even hard to do, and probably took maybe a couple hours of effort. All they needed was eleven form letters, a way to determine your 'main', and then to send mass mails to users who haven't bought the expansion using the form for their 'main' character's class. It's all handled by marketing guys who have nothing to do with development.

I'm curious about which form letter they'll send me. I only played about 4 months of WoD, didn't raid or anything, and as such haven't spent a lot of time on any characters. Which will they pick? The one I spent the most time on in WoD? The ones that are in a guild? The one leveled first? The most geared one? Maybe my old main that's still level 90 but has the most time spent on it over the years? Maybe the oldest character I have? Will it be a seemingly random choice? Contemplating this is probably the most excitement I've gotten from WoW in a long time.

I wanna get of those ads! I pre purchased long ago so I didn't get any cool perseonalizied rp emails
    I dunno why people would get upset over them xD.

Blizzard's promotion model since the release of Hearthstone has been hilarious. They've gone full viral with the ads (I've seen them on a Torrent client) and now you get to spend One Night In Karazhan which I bet is some kind of innuendo or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    its allmost like its a community, and even blizzard themselves play and love the game, and like to use it to bond with people?

i had a gm back in the day (wotlk) who literally his thing was he spawned a explosion beside me, appeared in it, a little gnome GM there , complained about this horrible goblin tech teleporter he was used, then he asked about my "gnomish tech U.I. viewer" gadget i was using and what the issue with it was

(my UI was broken, there was no target frame... and i was using default UI for that)

was awesome, he took my "gnomish tech U.I. viewer" and told me how to fix it then gave me a horrid gm joke (i dont remember what one it was, but i will give you one just for fun")

What do you call a resto druid who keeps getting aggro?
    a combat log....

then he dropped like 5 flares, got into the smoke, and "teleported" away.... was pretty ffing awesome :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I see a lot of people saying "Ex-WoW players complaining again blah blah"

I don't really think it's that. Blizzard never really used to do this. Did you get an email during BC when WotLK was about to come out saying "Pre-order now so you can play DKs in a few days and go to Northrend" ... No.
    for wotlk the whole ad campaign was celebs saying why they play what they do, and "WHATS YOUR GAME" they even had night elf mohawks at one point with MR.T and your complaining abut them emailing you going "yo, you, come back"

- - - Updated - - -

i wish i got one of these for my warlock... reading what people said about theres i want one :"( or my DK cause he still might be "my main" considering time spent on him since i had deleted my lock awhile back to make a new one on a new server and faction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can determine what class and character my main is and they can't see that i already have the fucking expansion? wtf is up with the pre purchase now button...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    You can determine what class and character my main is and they can't see that i already have the fucking expansion? wtf is up with the pre purchase now button...
    Maybe you might buy it for a second account. Maybe you might tell a friend due to this email. Maybe they just want to make it look like they care even about you. Marketing and promotions have many purposes.

New level of reaching right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Oh, commercials are desperation now? It's just to tell you about your artifacts, class hall, etc. I got it too, even though I already preordered, so they're not paying a lot of attention to whom they are mailing. They just want to sell their wares, like any company, there's nothing desperate about it.
    Seems like desperation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    You seem to have emotional problem. Personally I found it really cool and smiled when I saw it addressed to my main character's name.
    Funny to guess about his problems, when you have an obvious reality problem.

The whole focus of legion is supposed to be the flavor of the classes. That is why the e-mail is designed like that. Also, even if they unsub, a lot of players tend to have some attachment to their "main," Blizz is just using that to try and get you to come back and give Legion a whirl.

I am not sure where you live, but if you live in the USA- you can hardly claim to be surprised by an ad or commercial, we are inundated with them. In fact there is a stream of commercials playing on the TV right behind me.