Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Top 100 H1B Visa Sponsors -2016 H1B Visa Report

H1B visas in the US are work visas. An employer says they can't find enough citizens to fill their jobs and the government issues them some H1B visas so they can hire Indians, Chinese or other foreigners.

LCAs are the application for H1Bs submitted to the Dept of Labor by the company. The visa sponsors(employers) are sorted by the number of Labor Condition Application(LCA) submitted. The number includes new, renew and transfer of LCA.

This is the other end of the wage scale, some people make fun of poor people who say "they took er jobs". Well this is middle class, often upper middle class, workers saying the same thing about H1B workers, a lot of these jobs are for over $100K a year. Even if H1B workers don't replace you directly, many will tell you that they keep wages artificially low by oftentimes working for less than a citizen would.

I've never been replaced by an H1B worker but after I left a job management replaced me with an H1B worker.

http://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/20...a-Sponsor.aspx

Rank
    H1B Visa Sponsor
    Number of LCA *
    Average Salary

Infosys
    $79,201

Tata Consultancy Services
    $69,648

IBM
    $83,248

Wipro
    $70,306

Accenture
    $77,953

Deloitte Consulting
    $118,131

Hcl America
    $82,132

Tech Mahindra (Americas)
    $75,044

Microsoft
    $122,641

Igate Technologies
    $71,469

Ernst & Young
    $92,297

Google
    $127,898

Cognizant Technology Solutions
    $72,559

Larsen & Toubro Infotech
    $74,064

Ust Global
    $68,158

Amazon
    $117,351

Intel
    $105,105

Jpmorgan Chase
    $107,782

Capgemini Financial Services Usa
    $84,920

Qualcomm Technologies
    $117,022

Pricewaterhousecoopers
    $95,707

Apple
    $136,876

Fujitsu America
    $78,302

Deloitte & Touche
    $72,610

Mindtree
    $72,822

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Who wouldn't want to hire a foreign worker when you can save some money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I reading those dollar figures wrong? Are those average salaries? Can Amazon really not find people willing to work for them for $117k per year? Wait, this is supposed to be saving them money? I'm so confused.

this thread is straight out of 2004

like cmon man, the tech industry has been non american since the bubble burst

The funny thing is that #1 and #2 are literally just Indian bodyshops that specialize in getting visas for Indian workers and displacing US workers. Given how IBM is run nowadays, technically the top 4 or 5 are all just Indian-run bodyshops.

You guys are all wrong, I was told immigration was good and hat I was racist if I opposed it. In reality clearly h1b visas allow globo corps to bring sweatshop conditions back within the borders. We need to stop immigration entirely until we're at full
    Employment

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You guys are all wrong, I was told immigration was good and hat I was racist if I opposed it. In reality clearly h1b visas allow globo corps to bring sweatshop conditions back within the borders. We need to stop immigration entirely until we're at full
    Employment
    that worked so well for japan

Employment
    I'm confused here... what's being pointed out is how much HB1 are making. Where do you get sweat shop working conditions from 107k working at jp morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I'm confused here... what's being pointed out is how much HB1 are making. Where do you get sweat shop working conditions from 107k working at jp morgan?
    programming is basically the modernday sweatshop

The company I work for partners closely with IBM for server and AD maintenance stuff. A ton of the people are Indian. Cool people, generally get the job done. What's the problem?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

How can you be against this practise as an American? They might take the odd job from a national now and then,. The other side of the coin is that big companies can easily hire foreign intellectuals to work for them which is good for America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    programming is basically the modernday sweatshop
    Yes, the sort of sweat shops where you make around 6 figures.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Employment
    So what, are you guys now complaining about workers that make 5 times as much as you coming to the US and bringing their fortune with them? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    H1B visas in the US are work visas. An employer says they can't find enough citizens to fill their jobs and the government issues them some H1B visas so they can hire Indians, Chinese or other foreigners.

LCAs are the application for H1Bs submitted to the Dept of Labor by the company. The visa sponsors(employers) are sorted by the number of Labor Condition Application(LCA) submitted. The number includes new, renew and transfer of LCA.

This is the other end of the wage scale, some people make fun of poor people who say "they took er jobs". Well this is middle class, often upper middle class, workers saying the same thing about H1B workers, a lot of these jobs are for over $100K a year. Even if H1B workers don't replace you directly, many will tell you that they keep wages artificially low by oftentimes working for less than a citizen would.

I've never been replaced by an H1B worker but after I left a job management replaced me with an H1B worker.

http://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/20...a-Sponsor.aspx

Rank
    H1B Visa Sponsor
    Number of LCA *
    Average Salary

Infosys
    $79,201

Tata Consultancy Services
    $69,648

IBM
    $83,248

Wipro
    $70,306

Accenture
    $77,953

Deloitte Consulting
    $118,131

Hcl America
    $82,132

Tech Mahindra (Americas)
    $75,044

Microsoft
    $122,641

Igate Technologies
    $71,469

Ernst & Young
    $92,297

Google
    $127,898

Cognizant Technology Solutions
    $72,559

Larsen & Toubro Infotech
    $74,064

Ust Global
    $68,158

Amazon
    $117,351

Intel
    $105,105

Jpmorgan Chase
    $107,782

Capgemini Financial Services Usa
    $84,920

Qualcomm Technologies
    $117,022

Pricewaterhousecoopers
    $95,707

Apple
    $136,876

Fujitsu America
    $78,302

Deloitte & Touche
    $72,610

Mindtree
    $72,822
    Not shocking unfortunately. I stopped working in the electronics industry when Motorola replaced me with a H1B visa worker back in 2003, I literally had to train my replacement. My degree in electronics technology has been gathering dust ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    The company I work for partners closely with IBM for server and AD maintenance stuff. A ton of the people are Indian. Cool people, generally get the job done. What's the problem?
    Not H1B related, but if any are still in India and work US time zone, ask how they make it home from work. It's eye opening... I try to work extra hours to make sure my team never stays late. Salaried, so I don't get extra money for doing it... It's that bad over there...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So what, are you guys now complaining about workers that make 5 times as much as you coming to the US and bringing their fortune with them? lol
    Well, when they displace American workers, its a problem.

I don't have a problem with H1B visas in theory, if we don't have enough workers in a critical field, we hire foreigners to balance the difference. Problem obviously comes in when These companies hire foreigners OVER American workers.

Hell, this is part of the reason I tell people to STAY AWAY from monster.com. Many tech companies post jobs on there and leave them up for years with no intention of actually hiring someone, they just have to show that they are "trying" to hire Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their education is often better. Many don't bring kids over with them, because education is better in India. The main issue, from being on the floor with these guys, is that US simply does not have the education needed to fill these jobs. There is a good chance 'John Smith' that answers your tech support call with a heavy accent, actually has a BS in computer science. It's similar to a Russian immigrant joke from the 90s, we had enouph scientists driving cabs in Brooklyn, to form an entire scientific community for most countries.

Look at Poland, whose IT industry is booming, including from places like infosys. They refocused education, by making IT degrees and even pre-college IT education much easier to get. The result has been one of the most booming, while more expensive, outsourcing targets. While most in West like to point at India and China, Poland is quickly catching up, while increasing the cost of outsourcing.

Education is extremely important. If we had greater oportunity towards it and better early education, these jobs wouldn't need H1B visas. If our problem was that even a McDonald's employee has a BS in science, H1B would no longer be a problem. This should be our goal as a country. Everyone has the credentials, but only the best make into their fields. Remember, these are skill based jobs...

Without diverting the thread into what is wrong with education, the solution is here:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dewey

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is more that many tech companies like to hire H1B visa foreigners cause it means they can treat them in ways Americans wouldn't put up with, cause if they kick up a fuss they might have to leave the country, due to not having permanent residency. Just being on a work visa and having an actual green card isn't the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, when they displace American workers, its a problem.
    No, simply replacing US workers does not make this a problem. If someone is better in another country, an easy way to bring them to US is never a problem. The problem is around why there is no one in US, as good for the same price. The answer is due to exclusivity of education. The same degree of education and professional competence is much harder to get in US and thus carries a steeper price. Unlike China and India and Poland, our degrees spike the cost of employment due to their scarcity. This isn't manufacturing, these are skill jobs. These are the jobs we want Americams to excel at, but education barriers simply don't allow our population to be on the same level.

You fix H1B problem, by fixing American education. You bring the coal miners, the car manufacturers and all jobs going away or to other countries, into classrooms. Teach them IT... Increase the educated IT base... Lower the price of employment due to professional competition... The need for H1B is gone...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The problem is more that many tech companies like to hire H1B visa foreigners cause it means they can treat them in ways Americans wouldn't put up with, cause if they kick up a fuss they might have to leave the country, due to not having permanent residency. Just being on a work visa and having an actual green card isn't the same thing.
    That doesn't make sense, if you consider where they are coming from. The shittiest I have seen them treated is just being sent back with short notice. Being in US is an improvement for them, regardless how badly they get treated. Americans are the ones working some of the longest hours, with least breaks, in the world. Them being 'mistreated' is the status que of the 'at-will' hired American worker...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, simply replacing US workers does not make this a problem. If someone is better in another country, an easy way to bring them to US is never a problem. The problem is around why there is no one in US, as good for the same price. The answer is due to exclusivity of education. The same degree of education and professional competence is much harder to get in US and thus carries a steeper price. Unlike China and India and Poland, our degrees spike the cost of employment due to their scarcity. This isn't manufacturing, these are skill jobs. These are the jobs we want Americams to excel at, but education barriers simply don't allow our population to be on the same level.

You fix H1B problem, by fixing American education. You bring the coal miners, the car manufacturers and all jobs going away or to other countries, into classrooms. Teach them IT... Increase the educated IT base... Lower the price of employment due to professional competition... The need for H1B is gone...
    I see the problem as, say you're a top C++ programmer making over $100K a year. Companies say they can't hire C++ programmers because there aren't enough in the US. But these foreign H1B people are willing to work for less and this brings your wages down too. Not only do you have more competition for your C++ jobs but you are competing with people who don't mind making less money.

Good for management, bad for employees.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland