Thread: Help :(

Help :(

I've got a severe case of altaholism, I can't stick to one character for too long before switching to another one. I want this to change in Legion, so when I got beta I tried my best to learn each class and figure out which one I want to main.

But the second I settle on my Elemental Shaman as my main for Legion, I get a urge to play Warlock instead...

In Legion I'm most likely going to do casual PvP with a side of PvE in dungeons (mythic+ hype). So here are my options:

1. Play my Elemental Shaman. Things I like about my Shaman:
    - Off healing capabilities (big one)
    - Very strong burst damage
    - Love their AoE gameplay
    - Already have professions maxed out (will probably be able to quickly do this on my Warlock before Legion but preferably not)

2 Play my Warlock. Things I like about my Warlock:
    - Very tanky, lots of self healing (big one)
    - Great sustained damage (Affliction/Demonology)
    - Very strong burst damage (Destruction)
    - I like all Warlock specs, on my Shaman I only like Elemental

3. Play both. I won't be able to get them both geared quickly like I want to, so not preferred.

With these points, can someone point me towards a class that would be best suited for me?

PS: I know there's a lot of doom and gloom surrounding Warlock, but this doesn't bother me. I enjoy the class right now, so if anything it's exciting that if Blizzard fixes Warlock in the future, the class would be even more fun for me.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2016-08-27 at 01:23 PM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Play what you enjoy. Don't ask random strangers on the internet to choose what to play for you.

Deleted
    Dont play for 1 week, and then see what class is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I've got a severe case of altaholism, I can't stick to one character for too long before switching to another one. I want this to change in Legion, so when I got beta I tried my best to learn each class and figure out which one I want to main.

But the second I settle on my Elemental Shaman as my main for Legion, I get a urge to play Warlock instead...

In Legion I'm most likely going to do casual PvP with a side of PvE in dungeons (mythic+ hype). So here are my options:

- Already have professions maxed out (will probably be able to quickly do this on my Warlock before Legion but preferably not)

3. Play both. I won't be able to get them both geared quickly like I want to, so not preferred.

With these points, can someone point me towards a class that would be best suited for me?

PS: I know there's a lot of doom and gloom surrounding Warlock, but this doesn't bother me. I enjoy the class right now, so if anything it's exciting that if Blizzard fixes Warlock in the future, the class would be even more fun for me.
    Just keep doing what you are doing. If you bounce around like this chances are good you arent in any form of hardcore raid guild. Chances are even better that you are mediocre at playing them all. The biggest issue you will have with all the swapping is trying to keep up with your artifact on all of them, you will end up well behind on them, HOWEVER due to points 1 and 2 that wont really matter. No point trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

It doesn't matter one bit. If you don't feel drawn to either one slightly more than the other, pick randomly. Or do the class hall campaigns of both and see which one was more fun. Whatever. You can't lose. You'll get to play both of them eventually. And you'll still have something cool to look forward to when all the idiots are already spamming the forums with their "nothing to do" whine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a stable full of Alts as well. Nothing wrong with this.
    For me, I like having something to work toward. Having multiple alts insures this.
    With Legion you can maintain multiple characters including Artifacts at a high standard and still have a life.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny. I Have the exact oposite. I Always try te o enjoy alts but i get bored playing them before i even reach Max level. So in WoD my wife lvld up my mage for me. But even then i Just dont enjoy doing everything again..
    The feeling i could actually progress my 10yo Warrior kills any interest i had in my mage.

So, Just play whatever you feel like. Its your game be happy you're not like me
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

go shaman and go hardcore. I'm talking at least 10hrs a day, and skipped showers are mandatory. Shower once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post

sort of like getting married and being faithful. PICK ONE. Nobody can do that for you. If you are incapable of making a decision nobody can make it for you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help you choose, can only advise to you read class notes. Else, all up to you, mate.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow "help me pick" threads, sorry.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)