Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    So this is what people make threads about when there's no terrorist attack happening.
    Cool
    First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    First world problems.
    Sorry it's not something dire like ac in the workplace and being viewed as bossy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Thanks for the armchair psychoanalysis of my "agenda" - and yes, promoting agendas on world of warcraft forums is a totally productive use of time to create widespread societal change

Perhaps ideas need to be judged based on scientific evidence, rather than based on the t-shirt the person is wearing (mine is misogynist blue)
    Is there a official color for pathetic? Because I'd say that is your color. They pass you over because of you, not them.

Thanks for the armchair psychoanalysis of my "agenda
    Have a seat. *pulls out pad of paper and pen* Tell me about your relationship with your mother.

Your threads tend to encompass a very narrow topic range so I'm not surprised that some would interpret that as being agenda-esque, although that word tends to imply a sinister motivation that I don't think applies here.

I dont think its that much of a problem lol.

Two things i can sure see in the real world from experience.

Some men definitively seems to not like women coming up to pursue them. This is what i have seen from other men as a man. I dont think its a trend, but i def saw it before.

Men in general are unlikely to go out of their way to talk to a woman that is accompanied by people. I can only speak for myself, but when i was younger and dating, it just made me feel like id be annoying to their friends, if i single out that one girl and come chat to her when shes grouped. I was more likely to start talking to a girl sitting alone in a library then a women in a group at a bar....

For example i met my wife at a job training when we were in college for a summer job, i didnt speak to her in class, it only started when we just happen to be the only 2 person in the cafeteria on break, i just asked her if i could sit with her and then we chatted for 30 minutes. The same day i ended up going to her place and chatting the entire night. If i never had the opportunity of a 1 on 1, i probably would never have ever spoke to her at all.

My two tip for women. Def attempt to make first contact if you got the hots for someone, do it alone however, dont go chasing that one guy with your group of friends around you. If you are in a bar or any public places with the intention of attracting men, be alone. Being in the groups sends the opposite msg. It makes men feel like they should leave you alone, because you are accompanied.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-27 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yeah and that immigrants plan is to marry and have kids with you so they become a british national thats all they care about
    That would be difficult, as she had been here for 10 years, had indefinite leave to stay, and was on the path to citizenship (which she got 6 months later) on the day I met her. And believe it or not we are still together 5 1/2 years later - golly.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    That would be difficult, as she had been here for 10 years, had indefinite leave to stay, and was on the path to citizenship (which she got 6 months later) on the day I met her. And believe it or not we are still together 5 1/2 years later - golly.
    Immigrant women are more flexible then immigrant men honestly. Young muslim women integrate better then men for example. Here the government goes out of its way to mostly get women and children refuge. You can tell, because out of all of them over the years, only one wanted to get citizenship with a masked face. because the others all dropped that and you literally never see any even in the cities that host most of them. 3rd wave feminist can say what ever it wants, most women feel they want motherhood at some point in their lives. That tends to make one more flexible as they have a goal set out for them even if they have other goals in life along with it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same in the rest of Europe. You women and your feminism caused this. It is your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    It's the same in the rest of Europe. You women and your feminism caused this. It is your own fault.
    I'm a feminist and I don't have issues with men flirting with me, maybe I'm doing it wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is a lot simpler than you might think, though taboo in the current environment

Men and women are different because gender is biological and not a social construct

"Degenderisation" will simply make people pretend and unhappily hide their true nature (much like religion did for so many centuries)
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...english/gender

"The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)"

Uh-oh... I think I just broke Xarim's world view. Help him, folks! Mouth-to-mouth, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm a feminist and I don't have issues with men flirting with me, maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    Then you can answer this for me. My impression is the only thing i can gather from the article is that men are unlikely to flirt you when you are with a friends group. I know as a man that is true for myself. Do you get flirted with more when alone or in groups? Even if a girl straight out winked at me, if she was too grouped, i usually just didnt do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Then you can answer this for me. My impression is the only thing i can gather from the article is that men are unlikely to flirt you when you are with a friends group. I know as a man that is true for myself. Do you get flirted with more when alone or in groups? Even if a girl straight out winked at me, if she was too grouped, i usually just didnt do anything about it.
    Definitely alone or with (one) girlfriend. I don't go out with a gaggle of other females unless it is someone's birthday. I had a male friend that liked to go out with me to bars (entirely platonic) but people just assumed we were together...he was a terrible wingman..lol.

I also agree with the poster that said that some men don't like being approached by women, that it is a turn-off (this is according to the males in question). But I also think some men like it when women make the first move, I made a thread about this awhile ago and I thought it was nice/refreshing as to how many men in the thread viewed women making the first move/asking them out as a positive thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what kind of insecurities you must be dealing with if you feel offended or turned off by a girl coming up to you and flirting with you.

At worst I just feel shitty for rejecting them if I'm not interested.

Deleted
    Have a seat. *pulls out pad of paper and pen* Tell me about your relationship with your mother.

Your threads tend to encompass a very narrow topic range so I'm not surprised that some would interpret that as being agenda-esque, although that word tends to imply a sinister motivation that I don't think applies here.
    I was born in a test lab from genes spliced together from various famous misogynists throughout history

My mission: a sinister agenda to make people recant their feminism on an online gaming forum

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where goes the line between flirting and harassment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...english/gender

"The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)"

Uh-oh... I think I just broke Xarim's world view. Help him, folks! Mouth-to-mouth, please!
    world·view (wûrld′vyo͞o′)
    n.
    1. The overall perspective from which one sees and interprets the world.

uh-oh, gender is only one tiny portion of my overall perspective, I think I broke your use of dictionary definitions to make obtuse points

Her feelings

Deleted
    Jokes on them, i'll become a mother myself.

Definitely alone or with (one) girlfriend. I don't go out with a gaggle of other females unless it is someone's birthday. I had a male friend that liked to go out with me to bars (entirely platonic) but people just assumed we were together...he was a terrible wingman..lol.

I also agree with the poster that said that some men don't like being approached by women, that it is a turn-off (this is according to the males in question). But I also think some men like it when women make the first move, I made a thread about this awhile ago and I thought it was nice/refreshing as to how many men in the thread viewed women making the first move/asking them out as a positive thing.
    Well i dont mind anybody doing the first move. I really dont think thats a real issue. I know some few men that seems to not like it. Im pretty certain most men dont care at all. Considering the first move is literally something small like: Hey can i sit with you, wanna have tea/coffee. I initiated with my wife, but im pretty certain if she was the one that said can i sit with you and chat, i wouldnt have said no lol.

I really dont think its an issue. I do believe that if you want to be passive in dating. Men or Women. In order to make yourself inviting you really gotta dial down on the groups. Have one friend at most or none at all. And def shouldnt be a friend of the gender you are trying to be inviting to lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    world·view (wûrld′vyo͞o′)
    n.
    1. The overall perspective from which one sees and interprets the world.

uh-oh, gender is only one tiny portion of my overall perspective, I think I broke your use of dictionary definitions to make obtuse points
    Seeing how you create threads only on one topic, I think your overall perspective doesn't go far beyond that, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    At worst I just feel shitty for rejecting them if I'm not interested.
    Yeah especially when they tried hard and they were kinda nice. As a man i guess this happens less often, so when it does im kinda never sure how to handle it and feel shitty about how i handled it every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably when she tells you shes not interested once. Then you just do like anyone else would do and find someone else to flirt with?