Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The latest on our Mastery issues:

Mastery: Nature's Guardian once again gives 1% Attack Power per point, as intended.
    Nature's Guardian doesn't increase healing from Hand of the Protector, Ysera's Gift (self), Cleansing Waters, or Judgments of the Pure.
    Developers’ notes: Heals that scale with the Guardian's maximum health already benefit from Mastery, so further increasing their healing was "double-dipping" Mastery.

So I guess Resto Affinity is even more worthless now. I fail to see the point of Nature's Guardian if they're going to pick and choose which heals actually benefit from it.
    It's not about "pick and choose". The explanation is a very valid one.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    As I said before, Ironfur is only a 15-20% DR on the first stack 5-10% on the second 3-5% On the third. If you get 3 stacks up, you'll have 2/3 of a SOTR of a paladin.
    Check your math! At lvl 100 with 3861 Armor (my stats) vs Boss(lvl 103), I have a Base Reduction of 45%. So if I am hit with a swing like 100.000 I only take 55.000 Damage.
    Now I activate IF and get 7722 Armor, hence my reduction now is 62%. So instead of 55.000 the swing is reduced to 38.000. The damage reduction, relative to 0 Stacks, is 31%. For 2 Stacks 47%, 3 Stacks 57%.

Compared directly to the previous Stack the reduction is 31%/24%/19%.

I made a google doc so every one can enter there own stats.
    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hgOneCrWnmz3g4GLF8yJjv4veZYKT2IwHpRdPtDgV3M/edit?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Only one I question is Judgments of the Pure, as I thought that heal was AP-based versus HP%. Otherwise, the explanation is valid, since the reason we have healing(received)% as part of our mastery is to compensate for the HP% increase also provided by mastery so it's not terrible trying to heal up our larger healthpools compared to other classes/tanks. If a spell heals for an amount based upon an HP%, it doesn't need a healing bonus modifier from mastery to work just as well on Guardians as other people.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Only one I question is Judgments of the Pure, as I thought that heal was AP-based versus HP%. Otherwise, the explanation is valid, since the reason we have healing(received)% as part of our mastery is to compensate for the HP% increase also provided by mastery so it's not terrible trying to heal up our larger healthpools compared to other classes/tanks. If a spell heals for an amount based upon an HP%, it doesn't need a healing bonus modifier from mastery to work just as well on Guardians as other people.
    I do hope the 50% reduction on the heal is now gone. (The hidden thick hide modifier for guardians)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drib View Post
    Check your math! At lvl 100 with 3861 Armor (my stats) vs Boss(lvl 103), I have a Base Reduction of 45%. So if I am hit with a swing like 100.000 I only take 55.000 Damage.
    Now I activate IF and get 7722 Armor, hence my reduction now is 62%. So instead of 55.000 the swing is reduced to 38.000. The damage reduction, relative to 0 Stacks, is 31%. For 2 Stacks 47%, 3 Stacks 57%.

Compared directly to the previous Stack the reduction is 31%/24%/19%.

I made a google doc so every one can enter there own stats.
    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hgOneCrWnmz3g4GLF8yJjv4veZYKT2IwHpRdPtDgV3M/edit?usp=sharing
    Ye sorry, for some reason my DR WA wasn't accounting for Vers and Thick Hide... SO it was missing 14% crucial DR I already had. I've got it fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldrez View Post
    do you have a page/link or something? could not find it.

thanks!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-by-Pumps

Here ya go!

Are the hotfixes actually in?

don't think my AP changed

So I guess Resto Affinity is even more worthless now. I fail to see the point of Nature's Guardian if they're going to pick and choose which heals actually benefit from it.
    They are just preventing double dipping. That said resto affinity is worthless it's such a low heal for bears.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparantly they "fixed" AP from mastery, but I see no tooltip changes, i THINK my ap didn't change (Didn't check but 7k~ sounds low for my 747 ilevel). Plus the wording of the hotfix sounds weird "Now mastery gives 1% ap per point of mastery". AP needs to be 2% of each 1% of mastery to be where it's supposed to be... Hopefully the tooltip just hasn't changed and I'm reading it wrong, but it seems like they didn'T change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Apparantly they "fixed" AP from mastery, but I see no tooltip changes, i THINK my ap didn't change (Didn't check but 7k~ sounds low for my 747 ilevel). Plus the wording of the hotfix sounds weird "Now mastery gives 1% ap per point of mastery". AP needs to be 2% of each 1% of mastery to be where it's supposed to be... Hopefully the tooltip just hasn't changed and I'm reading it wrong, but it seems like they didn'T change anything.
    It's a remnant of the time when the actual Mastery points were still shown(although i don't get why they changed that, it made comparing things across specs a lot easier).

You get 8 points of Mastery baseline when you learn your mastery(that's the part shown in white on the paperdoll), and pre-7.0 the Mastery buff gave rating equivalent to 5 points of Mastery.

For all tanks, you get 1% AP per point of Mastery, and Guardian gets 0.5% health and healing taken for each point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    They are just preventing double dipping. That said resto affinity is worthless it's such a low heal for bears.

- - - Updated - - -

I see no change as well... Although the tooltip on my holy paladins Sacrifice aura hasn't changed

Maybe it hasn't gone live?

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    His Artifact is way off, going after EoTN first...

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    His Artifact is way off, going after EoTN first...
    As everyone should do whom's aim is fast leveling and gearing up, and Top Tier Progress Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Drib View Post
    As everyone should do whom's aim is fast leveling and gearing up, and Top Tier Progress Raiding.
    Its going after DPS first as tank, which is just going to make you a less than squishy subpar dps who still gets trucked and eats healer mana like a fat kid eating free candy at a candy store.

Deleted
    Its going after DPS first as tank, which is just going to make you a less than squishy subpar dps who still gets trucked and eats healer mana like a fat kid eating free candy at a candy store.
    You're going to get two golden traits before you step into EN, taking the dps one is just going to help you smash through heroics and mythics faster.

Well yea, that's what you do to be at the top. But you will not start raiding with only 12 Traits collected. And as for dungeons and Worldquests EoTN gives a nice damage and defence boost an a short CD.

What is everyone looking at for their talents and artifact traits? Right now I'm running Bristling, Roots, Resto, Bash, GG, Elune, and R&T. I'm debating switching to Balance Affinity and Ursoc. Also wanted to know if there are opinions on R&T vs. Pulverize. Ivy Veins says Pulverize is terrible but it seems like it would be useful for increased tankiness.

As for artifact, I'm totally at a loss. I hadn't really looked at the traits too much until this morning but I feel like going Adaptive Fur -> Gory Fur -> Nightmare would be best for survivability. I'm looking to be tanking Mythic+'s with friends and want do my best job of staying alive.

Any help is super appreciated! Looking forward to being a little bit more a part of the bear world this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I say pick and choose because here we are days before release and they come up with this list of select heals it won't work on. And I guess I fail to see the point of the Mastery if it's not meant to double dip.

I say pick and choose because here we are days before release and they come up with this list of select heals it won't work on. And I guess I fail to see the point of the Mastery if it's not meant to double dip.
    But it's not a select list at all, it's an exhaustive list of percentage based heals. I'm guessing you don't know what double-dipping means if you can't see the point of the mastery without it.

Blizzard almost always removes double-dipping mechanics.

It's a creative and spec fantasy fitting way of giving you additional mitigation. Kind of the entire point of a tank Mastery.

You're massively exagerating about the difference going EN first vs the other 2 will make. The other 2 golden traits aren't that great for survival either while EN will give you tremendous amounts of self-healing which can make much more of a difference, on top of helping leveling speed.

And dps is always important even for a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurlon View Post
    But it's not a select list at all, it's an exhaustive list of percentage based heals. I'm guessing you don't know what double-dipping means if you can't see the point of the mastery without it.

Blizzard almost always removes double-dipping mechanics.
    I know exactly what double dipping means, and I assumed it was the point of the mastery in the first place.