Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    The next thing not clear to me is on this here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...edule_Tall.jpg

The one at the very bottom. The one on the left that is supposed to be if you only invest in a main spec artifact it says you can have 54 and 20 in bonus traits. While the example on the right says I can have 54 main spec and 34 off in 27 weeks, 54 main spec and 25 off spec with a 1 day delay AND it also says 54 main spec and 34 off spec in 28 weeks.

That is what is confusing me about how the AK/Ap is spent in the weapon itself.
    Cost scales exponentially with traits acquired. First 13 cost as much together as #14 alone. All 34 basic traits cost about 10% of what you need to completely max out the artifact, with the remaining 90% going into a single 20 rank trait that only unlocks once you have all basic ones.

That and Artifact Knowledge(which also scales exponentially and increases AP gain) mean that leveling 2 Artifacts is barely slower than just leveling one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I guess I should have clarified more. I understand (mostly) the sources of AP but the spending is where my confusion comes in.

Like do some talents have more than one rank? ie: 1/1, 3/3 and so on.
    Yes, there is abilities that are 1/1 and those that take up to 3 points. You need the Full 3 points to unlock the nodes going off such a multirank node.

The next thing not clear to me is on this here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...edule_Tall.jpg

The one at the very bottom. The one on the left that is supposed to be if you only invest in a main spec artifact it says you can have 54 and 20 in bonus traits. While the example on the right says I can have 54 main spec and 34 off in 27 weeks, 54 main spec and 25 off spec with a 1 day delay AND it also says 54 main spec and 34 off spec in 28 weeks.

That is what is confusing me about how the AK/Ap is spent in the weapon itself.
    What you link is just a suggestion how to handle off specs without getting a horrible horrible reduction in efficiency on your main artifact. Traits get more and more expensive the more you get in a single artifact. So eventually grabbing a couple of cheap traits from your non main artifact does not cost a lot of points compared to getting the next rank in the main one. For example the first 13 traits you get in an artifact cost basically nothing - so if you fool around a bit at the start and not sure yet which spec you want to go for, spending up to 13 points will not hurt you in the long (or even rather short run.
    Last edited by mmoce35b64f86b; 2016-08-27 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys. This has cleared up a lot of my confusion about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvusse View Post
    Aren't there some sources of AP that are automatically applied to the current artifact you are using?
    No.

/10characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phex42 View Post
    A handful, yes.
    But you could even respec before you turn those quests in.
    But the amount of AP you'd get from them is so small that it's only a drop in the ocean of the AP you need in higher artifact progression.
    No. This is incorrect. They replaced those instances on Beta a while back with items to use. There are virtually zero instances where you will automatically gain AP. All of them are AP items now. All of them.