Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the shadow priest artifact has a skin called "claw of n'zoth".

so, apparently we'll have to deal with n'zoth in some way to infuse it with that power.

as for a azshara, like the others said, she's in azuna.

i don't expect them to be a raid, because that would be pulling away from the main story line too much i think. azshara herself is probably stronger than n'zoth on a personal power level, considering he's the weakest of them and she's been infused with his power for 10k years and was already the strongest mortal mage in the world.
    Azshara is weaker today than she was when she ruled if anything. Hate to break it to you, but she was only "the strongest" when she had full access to the well. Before that she was only "one of the strongest". If you know what happens to elves who abuse power too much and lose it.... the only thing that stopped her from becoming a wretched(etc) is being a naga. She might have had some chance at being strong in my book if she had Nep's trident, but she doesn't as you will find out in Legion(assuming you play the right class).

Deleted
    I would be more than disapointed if Azshara was relegated to a sub raid boss, she more than deserves her own expansion, and following legion after some quests, seems most appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense. The only way I see it working is if everyone on Azeroth become slaves. That's how the old gods work. Being all friendly and making alliances is not how they roll.
    lol I say again it wouldn't be friendly - it would be an alliance born purely out of absolute, dire necessity. Neither side, mortal or Old God, can stop the Legion alone - they would need to join forces just to survive.

N'Zoth: "You all hate me, and I hate you even more. But without pooling our efforts, we'll all be exterminated. When this is over, we'll be back to trying to eviscerate one-another, but until then, the enemy of my enemy dies later."

when we finally do get to put n'zoth down, i hope they keep this voice for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMqjn072NY

best old god voice so far.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    athissa is killed in a quest, we see azhsara in legion
    also people hate underwater zones
    This is super vague, it was noted cba looking for source, but been all over thread that only a few people had trouble with the world underwater, their technique was from cata times so I can imagine they can make this a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is super vague, it was noted cba looking for source, but been all over thread that only a few people had trouble with the world underwater, their technique was from cata times so I can imagine they can make this a better experience.
    The underwater zones are my most looked forward to questing experiences in WoW. Always loved them and would be super stoked for another zone like them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    issue is they really cant without changing how the world works, if it was a underwater zone but without swimming... like you are stuck on the ground it wouldent feel underwater, but people would like it, the issue is with the water zones is the game wasent built around fighting in a 3d enviroment, its built around 2d fighting... so when you start having to move around in 3d and fight it gets akward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sciencebot View Post
    The underwater zones are my most looked forward to questing experiences in WoW. Always loved them and would be super stoked for another zone like them.
    underwater "zones" uhh.. there is only 1 >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It would make a lot of sense to see Azshara more, especially with one of the dungeons being named after here lol.
    Could be a good opportunity for 7.2.
    Otherwise, I don't expect to see N'zoth anywhere. Would make more sense for that to be a separate storyline.
    Trying to cross Old God threats into Legion threats would be a bit much. Unless for some reason they join forces like with Deathwing?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It seems they've degraded Azshara to a minor boss rather than an expansion boss. I don't think we're gonna see her get her own expansion unfortunately. Maybe a patch raid boss, but not an expansion final boss.

Also, apparently almost everyone hated Vashj'ir even though it was fucking awesome, and the only way to do an Azshara expansion is to do most of it underwater. Nazjatar, the stronghold of the Naga is deep down on the ocean floor. So they're never going to do an Azshara expansion because everyone would cry about more underwater zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It seems they've degraded Azshara to a minor boss rather than an expansion boss. I don't think we're gonna see her get her own expansion unfortunately. Maybe a patch raid boss, but not an expansion final boss.

Also, apparently almost everyone hated Vashj'ir even though it was fucking awesome, and the only way to do an Azshara expansion is to do most of it underwater. Nazjatar, the stronghold of the Naga is deep down on the ocean floor. So they're never going to do an Azshara expansion because everyone would cry about more underwater zones.
    You don't actually fight Azshara, you fight "The Wrath of Azshara" who is just one of her loyal handmaidens.

They could make Nazjatar and Ny'alotha rise from the ocean floor when the stars align just like the corpse city of Rl'yeh does.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    You don't actually fight Azshara, you fight "The Wrath of Azshara" who is just one of her loyal handmaidens.

They could make Nazjatar and Ny'alotha rise from the ocean floor when the stars align just like the corpse city of Rl'yeh does.
    They could, but come on a Naga themed expansion not underwater would be lame.

If they're ever gonna introduce Naga as a playable race, they'd have to make an underwater expansion. The odd thing is many people seem to want playable Naga, but everyone hates underwater mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I'd want an entire underwater expansion - I liked Vashj'ir fine, but wouldn't want 5-6 zones of it over the course of a whole expansion. I'd rather have Azshara raise up a new land around the Maelstrom, giving you a bunch of new zones that each have nice underwater sections.

Deleted
    N'zoth is the last" parasite" in Azeroth, yes? That would give us a moment now to sweep the legion attack, Kil'jaeden maybe, but not Sargeras. Then we take out N'zoth and we have a new expansion to raid Argus and somehow take out Sargeras and another that is void based. It all starts with N'zoth getting rekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I don't know that I'd want an entire underwater expansion - I liked Vashj'ir fine, but wouldn't want 5-6 zones of it over the course of a whole expansion. I'd rather have Azshara raise up a new land around the Maelstrom, giving you a bunch of new zones that each have nice underwater sections.
    I dunno I think it would be incredible to have a huge underwater capital city for Nazjatar. They might be able to improve on swimming or mount mechanics from what we've seen in Vashj'ir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    N'zoth is the last" parasite" in Azeroth, yes? That would give us a moment now to sweep the legion attack, Kil'jaeden maybe, but not Sargeras. Then we take out N'zoth and we have a new expansion to raid Argus and somehow take out Sargeras and another that is void based. It all starts with N'zoth getting rekt.
    The truth is it really doesn't matter much who the final boss is going to be, because they won't die for good. Archimonde (if he's alive) and Kil'Jaeden won't die unless on Argus, and same goes for Avatar of Sargeras.

Although considering how prominently the Tomb of Sargeras is featured, I'd say there's a 90% chance that it's gonna be Avatar. We all know Sargeras' body is in there, we know the Legion doesn't want us to come anywhere close, and it gives us a chance to face Sargeras without coming anywhere close to killing him for good.

As hyped as people seemed to be for Azshara...well, she hasn't done absolutely ANYTHING for 10k years, the guys who empower her (since her WotA version was weaker than bosses we have already killed a couple times) are either destroyed or hiding, and her lieutenants are already dead, I really don't see how could they build her up to a credible threat without doing massive retcons. She is more of a patch fodder, same as N'zoth (in its case, because it's a custom), imho.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    underwater "zones" uhh.. there is only 1 >_>
    I believe they were referring to the fact that Vash'jir was split into 3 zones: Abyssal Depths, Shimmering Expanse, and Kelp'thar Forest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    I believe they were referring to the fact that Vash'jir was split into 3 zones: Abyssal Depths, Shimmering Expanse, and Kelp'thar Forest.
    ahhh ok good point
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the shadow priest artifact has a skin called "claw of n'zoth".

so, apparently we'll have to deal with n'zoth in some way to infuse it with that power.

The Claw of N'zoth skin is an item drop from The Heart of Corruption Boss in the Emerald Nightmare.