10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And if you keep riding the riding the ride. Well thats on you. Get sucked back in because the bait is just to good for you to skip.
    Except there are quite many posters who only occasionally posted here and replied because they had no idea of who they're dealing with. I repeated many times to just ignore the guy, but he'll always gets the attention he wants in a way or another.

All this grand talking, anyway, doesn't change the fact of who's the main problem here. He always was and always will. Two guys backing him up because they agree with his overall opinion ain't going to change this truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    SNip... Two guys backing him up because they agree with his overall opinion ain't going to change this truth.
    And now you know why the thread keeps going. No one can stop posting and not everyone agrees because someones "truth" is BS to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'd be VERY surprised if a sequel isn't green-lit sooner or later.

When Wanda Cinema aquired Legendargy one of the key aims was to make films more for the international market (ie China). Considering the huge success of this in China then it'd be making a pretty bad statement to still regard it as a failure over all. If they can even break even then it'd be good for them to be able to show it as a success and a full franchisepportunity.

Secondly, the Chinese movie industry revenue grew by 50% last year and keeps going up and up. Even by 2017 it's likely to be larger than US. By the time a "Wacraft 2: Tides of Darkness" movie was actually made and released, failure in the US is going to be a complete non-issue if it can still be huge in China.
    Reorg plans in Wanda were suddenly scrapped early this month. The mediocre performance of Warcraft has something to do with it.

http://english.china.com/news/busine...03/722633.html

"Wanda shelves asset plan after July's box-office decline in China"

Wanda Cinema Line Corp said Tuesday it is shelving a plan to reorganize its parent company's entertainment assets after box-office takings in China, the world's second-biggest film market, declined sharply in July.

According to a filing with the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, Wanda Cinema, a subsidiary of China's conglomerate Dalian Wanda, will scrap a 37.2 billion yuan (.6 billion) acquisition of a movie-making sister company Wanda Media Co, owner of U.S. film studio Legendary Pictures.

Shares of Wanda Cinema fell 1.17 percent, closing at 69.97 yuan on Tuesday.

It seems to have been a sudden move. In a June 29 stock filing, Wanda Cinema said the reorganization plan was going well and there were no factors that might cause the suspension of the deal.
    The timing of this is a few days after Legendary stopped reporting Warcraft box office numbers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Reorg plans in Wanda were suddenly scrapped early this month. The mediocre performance of Warcraft has something to do with it.

The timing of this is a few days after Legendary stopped reporting Warcraft box office numbers.
    Wait, what does this mean then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Wait, what does this mean then?
    Good question, but the sharp decline of box office for them in China in July would indicate throwing Warcraft up on all those screens may have cost them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Good question, but the sharp decline of box office for them in China in July would indicate throwing Warcraft up on all those screens may have cost them.
    Which in turn makes me think about the article that said the numbers in China might not have been as legit as first claimed.

http://chinafilminsider.com/china-bo...come-scrutiny/

If you look up pictures of that area. I can't imagine those people were going to the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    outright lied.
    Every claim I made in that thread can be confirmed by movie screenshots, public sources like Numbers, and so on. Those are facts, and there are no place for "lies".

I just think its weird why they would be making up a bigger number than what actually happened? If its not legit, how muchx did it make then?

Just watched it. As someone who has played the games without paying too much attention to story/lore, I enjoyed the movie. It's good for what it is and I didn't expect more from it. It started somewhat messy but it actually got better along the way, that's quite an achievement in itself. I'd rate it a 7.

I just think its weird why they would be making up a bigger number than what actually happened?
    Presumably those in Wanda Cinema would benefit from the reorg, which depended on them appearing attractive financially.

There are just 14:12 PAL minutes of extra scenes, that is 1:10 min for each scene on average. Not very impressive, given the most scenes are just extensions of existing ones.

So I finally got around to seeing this. Didn't expect it to be good, but, man, how did they fuck it up so bad? When it's so easy to get it right? Should've just started with a LotR-style in medias res retelling of the first war ('cuz nobody gives a FUCK about the first war, and it would've let us see some of the more badass shit like orcs slaughtering humans, only to get butchered by the knights, only for the arrogant humans to lose to the orcs, etc.) and gone straight into the second war then told it as it happened in the old canon. Shit would've been badass. We could've seen all sorts of races fightin' and killin' each other. Seen badass grampa Lothar die like a hero at the hands of Doomhammer, only for the humans to rally and beat the orcs' asses, etc. And gul'dan dying like the dumbass he was, of course.

But instead we got this weird, stupid "inspiration" of a story where none of the characters resemble their counterparts in anything but name (Lothar is a punky dcuchebag, garoina is a good guy, gul'dan is the leader of the fukken horde?, medhiv has been 'corrupted by THE FEL', etc.), the orcs are retarded hippies who have just been corrupted but are still honorable and so on

it didn't even have any cool fights. only reason the orcs didn't just roll over the humans were because of plot, as far as anyone can tell. guy literally overhead presses a ton and uses a warhorse as a projectile weapon. humans can't fight that. except they could, even though that made no sense, which just made everything even more retarded.

mah well, glad I didn't pay anything for it
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    garoina is a good guy,
    Garona was retconned as a 'good guy' since Warcraft III.
    humans can't fight that. except they could, even though that made no sense
    Humans can fight that, as they have superior weaponry like swords and lances (not shown in movie, though), and ranged weapons like crossbows (in game) or firearms in the movie. That's not much you can do against that with brute force and blunt weapons alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    mah well, glad I didn't pay anything for it
    Sweet camrip bro

Sweet camrip bro
    Totally a camrip:

10+ Year Old Account

They didn't stop reporting the Numbers, the film ran out in the first week of July and can not really be made responsible for a 18% Decline for that month.
    It was more than 3 weeks in cinema already when that month started.

Warcraft was in there because of the overall worldwide loss, not because of it's Box Office numbers in China.

Which in turn makes me think about the article that said the numbers in China might not have been as legit as first claimed.
    This was the only article that claimed this (all other cited this one) and only with very shaky evidence. There has been no following "the scrutiny" of this ever since.
    Also the article is about the second weekend numbers only, that would be 24Million of the 221 million overall who stand in question there.

If you look up pictures of that area. I can't imagine those people were going to the theater.
    If you would have really looked up the pictures you would have seen that the flooding only appeared in the lower regions of that city near the river line.

Again vague evidence for some serious claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Closer to 350 would be my guess. We will likely never know though.
    So we're at wildly pulling out numbers out of our arses again?
    Last edited by Plehnard; 2016-08-27 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    So we're at wildly pulling out numbers out of our arses again?
    To be fair, he said "would be my guess". Good or bad, a guess remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well if we are throwing in unsubstantiated numbers, I think they are lying in China and actually did $2 billion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well if we are throwing in unsubstantiated numbers, I think they are lying in China and actually did $2 billion.
    To keep all the profit! Ingenious!

Warcraft only played for a week in July. It already had its run in China within June, not July. The decline at the box office in July had more to do with China not allowing other blockbusters into the country, and less to do with Warcraft(if anything at all). They didn't even allow Ghostbusters to play(thank god) which opened right after Warcraft left theaters in the first week of July.

- - - Updated - - -

http://chinafilminsider.com/china-bo...come-scrutiny/

People were going to the theater, even in that flooded area, what they were accused of is some type of fraud which has been rampant already in China in the past anyway, where people will buy tickets to another movie but they'll receive tickets to an entirely different movie while still being able to see the movie they want. Their money however goes to the other movie, in this case Warcraft. Whether it's true or not we don't know it's just an accusation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Totally a camrip:

-screencap-
    You already admitted you first watched the movie on camrip when it first came out
    Better versions have come out since then
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-08-28 at 06:12 PM.