Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about what critical changes some people talked here. Maybe thats resto druids and resto shamans who had to level with mere bolts spam, then i understand them, yet that was typical leveling style for them through the all expansions. I main Holy Pally and i should say that i love leveling with it. We have 2h weapon, 5 attacking spells/strikes on a low CD with a nice crit chance and some aoe. Its enough for comfortable soloing.
    Also don't see what changed critically in the endgame for the healers? Only discipline priest and holly pallies got redesign, other healing specs do the same they did through the previous expansions. Yep, tanks became weaker, mobs hit harder but its okay to face the challegens, right? Most people in the WoW community want more challenges. I heard the crying of them during the years.
    I think this thread is the same as "Too much to do in the Legion" complaint thread. "Its not fun to heal anymore" sounds like a bullshit from those who want to faceroll the keyboard.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-08-27 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Hi,
    Coming back from Hiatus one of the things i noticed was that healers seem to be in super high demand. As someone who mained a healer for a long time I'm familiar with how hard it is to find one normally. However I'm not sure it it's legion artifart system or what and wanted to know what you guys think. I'm highly tempted to go back to my old main but I want to try to focus on PvP this expansion and pvp healing sucks balls to do. My thread doesn't just pertain to PvP as I was slightly more curious about the PvE aspect.
    Why wouldn't it be? Blizzard spent the last few expansions treating tanks right so everyone has one. Well, this expansion they shit all over us making most so reliable on having a healer around that we are no longer fun to play. But the damage was already done by allowing us to find ways to run 15-20 person raids with 1 or 2 healers.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    Healing is really boring right now. Like...really, really boring.

I mean, if you're doing a Timewalker's or Mythic dungeon things get a little interesting but anything LFD/LFR related is a damn snoozefest.

Same with Normal/Heroic raiding. I can't speak on Mythic as I haven't healed it.

It's a pretty common complaint about most of the healing specs in the game currently.

That being said, I don't know how much that will change in legion. Maybe groups will actually take enough damage to make a healer actually have to think about which heal to cast. If nothing else, Mythic+ dungeons will accomplish that, so that's something to look forward to.
    You have to DPS as Healer in 5-Mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    So how would you *you* restrain healers?
    You have to make something hard or one healer could heal a whole raid. And Blizzard has had them all, In Vanilla it was mana vs. healoutput, in Wrath it was that hp could go down very fast so you had to respond quick, in several expansions you had to balance spirit vs. output. Plus the rotation over classes; I have seen all classes being best over the years.

Tanks and dps are also constrained; for dps it is traditionally proper rotation and smart targetting, for tanks it is hp and cd's plus coop with healers.

What I am enormously curious about is how healing will be at 110, properly geared. Right now we only know how beta worked, for the balance at 100 is not an indication. The dilemma I have is that I want a heal/dps approach and thus have to choose (artifact) holy or disc. If I choose wrong, resetting is not fun.
    that is actually very easy with fewer "smart" heals and less aoe healing. with global cooldowns one person can only single target so many people so fast.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

This is always an issue, easiest fix IMO would just be to give healer and tanks a 30% dmg increase buff when questing alone so its not a grind to level.

Deleted
    Even less people will stick to healing at 110, when they realize how utterly insane damage is in PVP. Your only chance to keep someone alive, even for a few seconds is blowing cds, once your cds are down its over. Arena games last 40 seconds max. Meanwhile on live, nobody ever dies. So you are going from one shitty version of the game to another shitty version.

PVE wise, healing will be the spec you go to, when your Demon Hunter Realillidanx is rejected because the guild has 9 DHs and 10.000 melee dpsers and you are forced to heal so you can get to see Gul'dan

Dont know what server you guys are pugging on but Ive gotten nothing but good treatment and easy invites as a healer.