Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    The best possible price for anything sometimes doesn't always include/involve every version of a product.
    And it is being entitled calling a company greedy for not selling what you want at the price you want. If he wants cheaper he can buy it at other sources but not the digital one.
    What is greedy of blizz of doing that?
    Why should they allow the digital copy to be sold elsewhere cheaper?
    That the hard copy can be bought elsewhere cheaper is pretty good of them. Why should he expect everything cheaper? Expecting everything cheaper is the definition of entitlement.
    Firstly you can buy keys elsewhere.
    Secondly, exclusivity/monopolies are always anti consumer and as a consumer you should be against them not for them.

This is typical blind fanboy logic. Supporting a position that actual detrimental you yourself simply because its Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    Maybe because he likes their games but wants to pay the best price possible.

Fanboys these days...
    What does my like or dislike of Blizzard have to do with someone being a cheapskate ontop of being entitled to a "non-greedy" price?

- - - Updated - - -

Secondly, exclusivity/monopolies are always anti consumer and as a consumer you should be against them not for them.

This is typical blind fanboy logic. Supporting a position that actual detrimental you yourself simply because its Blizzard.
    Funny, I thought this was typical edgelord logic. We aren't talking about vital services, we are talking World of Warcraft.

Pro-tip: Your continued use of "fanboy" cliches are about as bad as your "down with corporations" hippy cliches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Why is it the entitled think saving money is a poor people thing? If you could save 1-2 dollars every day for a year it's $350-$700 per year in savings or a full rent payment. Shit like this irks me.

OT: Blizzard exclusively sells the digital and digital deluxe editions. If you detest Blizzard so much I'm not sure why you'd continue to buy products from them.
    do you buy a new game EVERY DAY? when its something like "i woulda spent 5$ but i saved 1$" thats understandable... but when somone buys a 500$ tv and goes "awww yeah i saved 2$ yeah man" thats where the issue is...

50$ saving 2$ is nothing...
    if it was 10$ and you saved 2$ then thats awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You need to grow up before we talk about consumer market and more, just saying.

The consumer market doesn't have to affect a company's own price range, hence their own store. They have hardware copies for that, with the downside of you having to follow the consumer market wait time. To me, it sounds like the OP wishes to purchase a game right away (digital copy) without having to follow the laid down system of purchasing the game from the store. It is one of those neat 'rewards' that by purchasing the digital copy, you have it right away.

They don't need to adjust for the market to grant this benefit, that isn't proper business plan when they already have a consumer market plan as well - for the same product.
    The market place has a direct impact of a companies price range, less so in Blizzards case because it could be double and you would pay it.

In any case he can buy a key else where anyway.

All the OP is trying to do is buy a copy of a game and would prefer not to buy it from Blizzard. Why is that greedy?

In term of growing up, it is you playing a kids game, and it is you making an anti consumer stance simply out of blind devotion to a company.

Quote Originally Posted by xfifix View Post
    G2A has always been legit for me, I'm pretty sure its a bit cheaper as well as their prices are usually WAY cheaper than retail. Just a heads up.
    Isn't the way G2A works is that they buy copies of the game from regions where it's cheaper and then sell those keys at a discounted, but obviously profitable price? Like buying the Mexican copy for Pesos where $10 USD is equally to 45 Pesos and then they sell that copy for $30 USD?

I don't get the greedy Blizzard comment. Other than get it out there to more places, which I'm not sure there is a real need, I don't think they have any incentive to do it.

Why is that greedy?
    Why is, per his own words, Blizzard greedy?

I think you would find this would have been a total non-issue if he didn't come out the gate with the typical kid on an allowance "mah dollarz blizz is so greedy"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    What does my like or dislike of Blizzard have to do with someone being a cheapskate ontop of being entitled to a "non-greedy" price?

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, I thought this was typical edgelord logic. We aren't talking about vital services, we are talking World of Warcraft.

Pro-tip: Your continued use of "fanboy" cliches are about as bad as your "down with corporations" hippy cliches.
    Why else would you attack someone for exercising a consumer right?

Dosen't matter if it vital or not, you will pay more under a monopoly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Why is, per his own words, Blizzard greedy?

I think you would find this would have been a total non-issue if he didn't come out the gate with the typical kid on an allowance "mah dollarz blizz is so greedy"
    All companies are greedy in the sense they maximize their profits. Blizzard used to be a more customer focused company though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bought my Legion from kinguin.net way cheaper than Blizzard store. Then I upgraded it to collectors edition. It was still probably cheaper than normal edition from Blizzard store.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do you buy a new game EVERY DAY? when its something like "i woulda spent 5$ but i saved 1$" thats understandable... but when somone buys a 500$ tv and goes "awww yeah i saved 2$ yeah man" thats where the issue is...

50$ saving 2$ is nothing...
    if it was 10$ and you saved 2$ then thats awesome
    $2 is still $2.

Deleted
    The best and most reliable way to save money on things you don't need in your daily life is to buy things from a third party online distributor (some with shady business practices). And sometimes you only pay for getting your account suspended/banned (not amazon though).

Ask yourself these questions:

Do you want to risk your account, just to save 1-2 dollars?

- If yes: What if you key was stolen / bought with a stolen credit card - At best (and most likely) your account gets suspended and your money (you tried to save some in the first place) is gone

Do you want to play right at launch?

- if yes: Why did you not start saving earlier? Like 2-3 drinks less a month, thats far more than 2 dollars

I bet almost every player knew when Legion will launch, saving up infront would have been a good idea. At least thats how I did it in the past, and on some occassions now too.

Blizzard may be greedy, but you are too. You did not want to change your lifestyle, and now you have to look somewhere else to still get what you want. At a risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't know many teenagers that have fabulous jobs at their age. I'd say a teen that has a job is a great thing, even if it is at McDonald's. They're working towards something and learning to be more responsible/self-sufficient.

OT: Shame Amazon isn't selling digital copies, but the only (legit) place I know is from BattleNet or the Blizzard store.
    If $1-2 is important to them, spending $50 on a video game might be something to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If $1-2 is important to them, spending $50 on a video game might be something to reconsider.
    There is nothing wrong for a consumer to look for the cheapest price possible.
    When you buys things from AH, don't you always buy the cheapest?

Also I never said that I want $1 or $2 cheaper.
    I just point out that Blizzard has the monopoly on the digital version.
    If Blizzard really wants to give consumers convenience, it will let Amazon to sell digital version.

Can you enter G2A keys into Battle.net now?
    or do you have to wait on Tuesday?

How is it fanboy to tell the truth? He can buy a hard copy for cheaper if he wants. But he wants a digital copy why would blizz undercut themselves on this? Why would that make sense? Yes, other sources do sell them but they can and do come from illegal means. Which means they risk not working or getting banned. Just to save a few bucks? Either buy digital copy and get in early or buy hard copy cheaper and get in a day or so after launch. How is stating this being a fanboy? Except for the fact you can't disprove it so you have to devolve into insults right? I don't even care if your best insult is fanboy anyway what a burn. I am deeply hurt not.

7+ Year Old Account
    All companies are greedy in the sense they maximize their profits. Blizzard used to be a more customer focused company though.
    In terms of purchase, this is the most customer-focused they've ever been.

Not saying they're hitting A-grade with it, though.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Good news it isn't a monopoly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    There is nothing wrong for a consumer to look for the cheapest price possible.
    When you buys things from AH, don't you always buy the cheapest?

Also I never said that I want $1 or $2 cheaper.
    I just point out that Blizzard has the monopoly on the digital version.
    If Blizzard really wants to give consumers convenience, it will let Amazon to sell digital version.

Can you enter G2A keys into Battle.net now?
    or do you have to wait on Tuesday?

If the cheaper item in the ab is from someone that is a known cheat with the chance to get said item taken away from me like can happen with G2A then no I don't always buy the cheaper item.
    Or with the risk of not being top quaility like can also happen with secondary sites then no.
    Finally if buying cheaper means it won't be available to me when I want it to then again no.
    I don't demand top notch service and goods and then demand it be cheaper that is entitlement.
    Now if money was an issue then I would buy it from say Amazon and be fine waiting a day or so to play. I would say the extra price gives one the "vip" treatment and if I don't want to pay the "vip" price then I don't get the perks that go with it.
    It be like paying coach or flying on south west and be expecting first class seats and treatment.
    Then calling south west greedy for not giving it to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Good news it isn't a monopoly.
    They don't know what monopoly means and just wanted to use a big word to justify thier stance

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Isn't the way G2A works is that they buy copies of the game from regions where it's cheaper and then sell those keys at a discounted, but obviously profitable price? Like buying the Mexican copy for Pesos where $10 USD is equally to 45 Pesos and then they sell that copy for $30 USD?

I don't get the greedy Blizzard comment. Other than get it out there to more places, which I'm not sure there is a real need, I don't think they have any incentive to do it.
    G2A themselves don't sell any keys, basically they are ebay for cdkeys.
    Many keys are like you describe, bought from cheaper regions and then sold with a profit, some are keys given by companies to streamers or other promotional copies that are being resold, however there are also many keys that have been bought with stolen credit cards, resold through sites like G2A, G2Play, Kinguin etc and then the gaming companies either let the customer keep them because of good-will or they will reovke the keys or simply ban the linked account.

I don't think you know what a monopoly is. A monopoly would be if one could buy every video game out there only from blizz. Blizz selling their product and yet still allowing it to be sold cheaper other places isn't a monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    G2A themselves don't sell any keys, basically they are ebay for cdkeys..
    Ahhh, maybe it's G2Play that does it. It's a company mostly used in Europe. They buy keys from like the Poland source and sell it else where. I had heard the other part about keys being revoked and such which often made me ask why bother? But I guess the reward is worth any risk to some.