Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've spoken out against those issues myself a fair bit. I certainly wouldn't have any issue with someone choosing to remain seated for the Canadian anthem, but then, we're not nearly as nationalist as Americans seem to be, up here.
    Aren't as nationalist? That's funny seeing as how Americans bash the US all the time but you rarely see Canadians bashing their own. Remember Dwayne Wade drawing anger for disrespecting the anthem?

It's all rainbows and butterfly's according to most and don't dare point out any flaws as an outsider.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2016-08-27 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Him sitting on his ass during the national anthem sure is making a difference. If he really cared he'd get off his ass and do something about it. This is nothing more than a grab for attention.
    If he really wanted to protest this militant delusion he'd give back those oppressive American dollars and move away from the oppressive American territory.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Well no one should stand for the canadian anthem either considering all the stories about how the natives are treated.

Anyway all anthems are stupid but his guy was a proven idiot long before this.
    If a Canadian athlete were to sit in protest during the anthem as a peaceful means of speaking out against the systemic racism against natives in Canada (especially as it applies to attempting to push them out of their traditional lands for expansion and development), I'd support them. This ideal that the nation must be paid reverence to at all times and that it makes someone a horrible person for protesting pledges of fealty when they feel their fealty is unearned is something that has only recently been a thing again outside America and Russia. It fell out of favor after the fall of Nazi Germany (not an intentional Godwin, just historical context), but both the Soviet Union and the United States pushed a very peculiar brand of patriotism that borders on blind nationalism, and ran an effective smear campaign within their respective spheres of influence that anyone who didn't adhere to that nationalistic interpretation of patriotism was a subversive element to be regarded with suspicion and hostility.

Same shit, different day when we discuss people who sit down during the Pledge or don't cover their heart during the national anthem. Flag-burning (as it was mentioned on Page 1) is a different matter as it tends to have a more aggressive implication. But silent protests like this should be regarded as a valid form of protest again; the only reason it suffers the reputation it has is because we're still feeling the aftershocks of McCarthyism in America.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to go to a non-oppressive country.

None of his concerns are valid, it is all drama.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-27 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've spoken out against those issues myself a fair bit. I certainly wouldn't have any issue with someone choosing to remain seated for the Canadian anthem, but then, we're not nearly as nationalist as Americans seem to be, up here.

I want you to take a second and recognize that you're getting upset that someone kept sitting where they were sitting. There is no "controversy" being driven save by those who want to get upset that someone was sitting down. The horror.
    I want you to take a second and ask yourself why he sat. Did his legs hurt? Did he not hear the anthem? Does he just not like the tune? He sat to make a point, and a point isn't a point unless it's controversial.

Come on Endus, at least make an argument.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

This just demonstrates how effective the media and educational system has been at indoctrinating people. He's so oppressed that he can't see straight, but that might just be that his line of sight is blocked by his stacks of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    His choice.
    There's no discussion here
    Just bench his ungrateful ass, no need for PC shit in the NFL.

Second rate quaterback who chokes on an entire bags of dicks during big games likes riding the pine. I guess hes getting used to the feel of the bench.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck off, Colin. This isn't for the black community...it's for him to generate headlines because he's quickly fizzling out as a player. No one cares about you anymore, Colin... get over it. If you really wanted to make a difference, you'd take the money you are being overpaid to be a bench warmer and actually help the community organize themselves. A publicity stunt like this literally does nothing for black lives because it turns attention toward you..and not the issues.

Kid was just warming up his seat since he got his ass benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Maybe a little less time thinking about meaningless gestures and more time thinking about the playbook and getting his job back.

Guy can do what he wants, how ever his statement is stupid. Black people are not being oppressed by the country. Black people do a good job of oppressing themselves. The poor are oppressed in the country and every race in this country has people of that category. No need to attack our police force or service men and women. They are just doing their jobs. Its not murder its selfdefense/manslaughter. Police dont go looking to kill people unless their criminals. And most of these public ordeals are selfdefense or manslaughter.

Grow up Colin and dont make stupid comments.

Nice way to get his name on the news. He doesnt seem to mind taking US money. Very disrespectful to the vast majority of people in the US.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Free to stand or not, his choice....just do not think people wont remember this and sponsors won't consider this.

Personal note, He is a cock waffle, not just for this though.

His white birth mom,White adoptive parents,the Father who bolted on him when he was born. etc etc must not have been part of his thinking.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-08-27 at 06:33 PM.

His choice. And his team's answer was remarkably and almost shocking mature.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well no one should stand for the canadian anthem either considering all the stories about how the natives are treated.

Anyway all anthems are stupid but his guy was a proven idiot long before this.
    What is truth and lies of our history can only be known by those who experienced those events. What might be seen as abuse or taking advantage of a group of people has a different perspective in this day in age than it did back then. I am not saying it is justified, however no one really understands the events that are over 150 years in the past. There was such a huge language barrier between the English and the Natives back then, odds are neither side really understood what the other wanted or needed.

Yeah, and the debt crisis isn't an issue because there are children starving in Africa.

Things being bad elsewhere doesn't magically make things not bad here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What is truth and lies of our history can only be known by those who experienced those events. What might be seen as abuse or taking advantage of a group of people has a different perspective in this day in age than it did back then. I am not saying it is justified, however no one really understands the events that are over 150 years in the past. There was such a huge language barrier between the English and the Natives back then, odds are neither side really understood what the other wanted or needed.
    Uh... this isn't a "back then" issue, it's something that is happening right now, currently. The promise of resolving this issue is one of the things that the new Canadian PM rode in on.
    Last edited by Arachnofiend; 2016-08-27 at 06:38 PM.

They oppress gay people too, hilarious he didn't mention it. Sounds like an entitled black man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Yeah, and the debt crisis isn't an issue because there are children starving in Africa.

Things being bad elsewhere doesn't magically make things not bad here.
    Practically no starvation and the luxury to sit around watching people move a ball around does mean things are not bad here.

Why doesn't he protest by not taking money from the NFL who plays the anthem in the first place? Donate his entire paycheck to BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why doesn't he protest by not taking money from the NFL who plays the anthem in the first place? Donate his entire paycheck to BLM.
    But that would require him to do something meaningful. And cut into that money he makes while being oppressed.