Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @GoblinPA

Don't be ridiculous. The most secular state in the region is still Turkey.
    For now.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @GoblinPA

Don't be ridiculous. The most secular state in the region is still Turkey.
    It varies but turkey is generally not considered part of the MENA region, but if it does, then yes.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    I am going to try and decipher this.
    No need it's written in English.

By elected, do you mean Assad, because he elected himself to office?
    No I mean Assad because the people of Syria elected him to office (well technically they elected the party which he is the leader of).

it is destabilizing the country because it is pretty much a proxy war.
    Backing the legitimate government against extremists is not destabilization, it is the opposite. Supporting the extremists is destabilization.

ISIS means nothing to the West.
    ISIS is the entire reason the west is involved in Syria >.>

Now, you say the West supported the bad guys in taking out Assad.
    Well it's pretty hard to say they don't when they were clamoring to give them air support prior to ISIS arrival, hell here in the UK our government even voted on aiding them (which thankfully got voted down).

But, Assad is THE bad guy.
    Seriously stop watching FOX, Assad may not be a saint but compared to extremists like ISIS or the rebels he's Mother Teresa lol. There is a reason that western allies like Saudi Arabia condemn his government for being too progressive.

Do you mean the Free Syrian Army?
    Yes that is one of the extremist groups vying for control of the country thanks to western involvement.

My biggest beef with the Free Syrian Army is the bloodthirstiness they have.
    That's generally the problem with most extremists, that and the killing non Muslims, oppressing women, etc. (Freedom of religion in Syria and women's rights are two of the big "problems" the FSA have vowed to "fix").
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-08-27 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

No I mean Assad because the people of Syria elected him to office (well technically they elected the party which he is the leader of).

Backing the legitimate government against extremists is not destabilization, it is the opposite. Supporting the extremists is destabilization.

Well it's pretty hard to say they don't when they were clamoring to give them air support prior to ISIS arrival, hell here in the UK our government even voted on aiding them (which thankfully got voted down).

Seriously stop watching FOX, Assad may not be a saint but compared to extremists like ISIS or the rebels he's Mother Teresa lol. There is a reason that western allies like Saudi Arabia condemn his government for being too progressive.

Yes that is one of the extremist groups vying for control of the country thanks to western involvement.

That's generally the problem with most extremists, that and the killing non Muslims, oppressing women, etc. (Freedom of religion in Syria and women's rights are two of the big "problems" the FSA have vowed to "fix").
    Funny thing is the FSA (or whats left to it) is (was) actually the only group in between rebel factions that wanted to keep a secular state.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Funny thing is the FSA (or whats left to it) is (was) actually the only group in between rebel factions that wanted to keep a secular state.
    Well that explains them killing Christians/Jews then >.>

Deleted
    Well that explains them killing Christians/Jews then >.>
    Well... at the beginning their goal was to replace Assad and thats it. As things moved on and islamists (many groups foreign to syria) started to mark their place things got bloody.

Nonetheless, if you support the rebels now, you support instability, that for sure and I think on that we agree. If Assad is removed, there is going to be another bloody war to decide whether to keep Syria secular or turn it into an islamic sstate, and once thats over, another war on which particular branch to adopt.
    Basically, turning Syria into a hopeless hellhole, a bit like what happened in Libya.

Such bullshit. FSA are no extremists, they are fighting ISIS just as much.

The Syrian revolt started because the people wanted to free themselves from an oppressive and and malign dictatorship. Since when is that a bad cause?? Yes, Saudi Arabia condemns Assad's government, as they do with all Shia governments (or in Assad's case Alawi).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Such bullshit. FSA are no extremists, they are fighting ISIS just as much.

The Syrian revolt started because the people wanted to free themselves from an oppressive and and malign dictatorship. Since when is that a bad cause?? Yes, Saudi Arabia condemns Assad's government, as they do with all Shia governments (or in Assad's case Alawi).
    FSA are responsible for atrocious acts and they're the most moderate. Also al nusra is fighting ISIS. That doesn't make them NOT extremists.

The chances of FSA winning the war and being an influential force are slim.
    IF by a miracle they managed to get back being a recognizable force on the ground and win the war, they WILL NOT BE able to withstand the following civil war the islamists will wage against them.

The Syrian revolt started because Assad didn't sign a gas duct deal with qatar in 2011. But yeah... "The people" ahahah

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Such bullshit. FSA are no extremists
    Lol, none of this sounds extreme to you? Executing prisoners of war, cutting hearts out of enemy soldiers, hacking up Jews, beheading Christians, wanting to force Syrian women to wear head coverings.

Just because the extremists the US is backing are better than ISIS doesn't make them good guys or better than Assad, they are a middle ground between Assad and ISIS (and much closer to the ISIS end of the spectrum).

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    Bring it on serioulsy we are waiting for it. You are mixing Turkey with any other middle east country. Everybody knows that Europe's econmy is in a shit hole, that's why UK left it. And also everybody knows EU is gonna fall apart in a near future. Western Media is trying to show Erdogan as ''hitler'' and some people like are buying it but it's totally different in eastern europe and Asia. So everybody knows USA can't just declare war against Turkey so they are running a dark propaganda against the country so they can create a reason to do anything against Turkey. And they will fail at it, also i guess you haven't been following the news recently. Russia-Turkey thing is totally different from 1 month ago so nope.

Also if you think Turkish army has outdated equipment, keep thing like that, we want you to think like that. We were never afraid of war, google Ottoman and you will see. A triggered Turk is the last thing you want. Read some history and you will get it.
    Turks do have some good soldiers but compared to the West- your equipment is very outdated. Sorry

Lol, none of this sounds extreme to you? Executing prisoners of war, cutting hearts out of enemy soldiers, hacking up Jews, beheading Christians, wanting to force Syrian women to wear head coverings.

Just because the extremists the US is backing are better than ISIS doesn't make them good guys or better than Assad, they are a middle ground between Assad and ISIS (and much closer to the ISIS end of the spectrum).
    And you are accusing other people of being deluded by Fox News??

Deleted
    And you are accusing other people of being deluded by Fox News??
    Those are actually all things 'moderate west supported' rebels have done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Those are actually all things 'moderate west supported' rebels have done.
    The irony lies in the fact that most news coming out of Syria is controlled by Assad's propaganda machine. Not saying atrocities haven't happened, but I am not buying into all these sensationalist reports irrespectively. But I understand they augment people's agenda here.

- - - Updated - - -

The Syrian revolt started because Assad didn't sign a gas duct deal with qatar in 2011. But yeah... "The people" ahahah
    That's some strong revisionism you've got going there.

It varies but turkey is generally not considered part of the MENA region, but if it does, then yes.
    ah, okay, my mistake then.

Deleted
    The irony lies in the fact that most news coming out of Syria is controlled by Assad's propaganda machine. Not saying atrocities haven't happened, but I am not buying into all these sensationalist reports irrespectively. But I understand they augment people's agenda here.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some strong revisionism you've got going there.
    What the fuck are you talking about. We have been getting news from a SINGLE GUY IN THE UK for YEARS till it was found out who the guy was.

Deleted
    What the fuck are you talking about. We have been getting news from a SINGLE GUY IN THE UK for YEARS till it was found out who the guy was.
    What's wrong with the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights?
    I mean just because its one guy not in Syria, thrice jailed by the regime, doesn't mean we shouldn't hang on his every word.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony lies in the fact that most news coming out of Syria is controlled by Assad's propaganda machine.
    They have also been seen killing the 'wrong' kind of journalists.
    But you know,
    We have been down this road before.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said...
    "How desperate you are to strike a point"

You don't get to choose for them.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes no sense gabriel. God almighty you really enjoy being a US bitch don't you.
    You just agree blindly to whatever they do. Just be ashamed of yourself, slave.
    I am not desperate at all. You are the one that likes despot dictators.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, i wasn't sure -

Yes and no.
    But that is not the point - The point is that the current position is 'weak' - Who said it?
    A pentagon spokesperson - and vaguely the presidents press secretary.
    Not a whole lot of weight behind that - Which is the problem.
    Is this a real thing, or is it just imaginary thing as stated by two junior nobodies?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool - What about the ongoing genocide of all minorities endemic to all Sunni cults?
    And the guaranteed flare up when they get in power?

Not very popular - After Marroco the most secular state in the MENA region is Iran - Read that again, the most secular state (in practice) is the fucking Theocracy.

No but rather popular in terms of killing non sunnis.

Yeah, but they are not batshit crazy insane death cultists.
    - There is no good options - The least bad option is keeping the Sunni's as far away from power as fucking possible.
    " "We've informed the Russians where we're at ... (they) tell us they've informed the Syrians, and I'd just say that we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened," Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend told CNN in a telephone interview Saturday from his Baghdad headquarters." Townsend is the commander of US forces in Iraq and Syria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    So the news are that Turkey is sending more armor to Syria including their Leo2A4 and that the Kurds are NOT retreating as the Americans said. They are fighting back and capturing villages.
    Better the Kurds in control than the Turks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    " "We've informed the Russians where we're at ... (they) tell us they've informed the Syrians, and I'd just say that we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened," Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend told CNN in a telephone interview Saturday from his Baghdad headquarters." Townsend is the commander of US forces in Iraq and Syria.
    Well that is an improvement.
    and I'd just say that we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened
    Although that is rather vague, but that might just have been the interview.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I am not desperate at all. You are the one that likes despot dictators.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Better the Kurds in control than the Turks.
    That is, in fact, a desperate post

10+ Year Old Account
    That is, in fact, a desperate post
    Again, nothing desperate about it. Makes me think you are desperate though.