Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would be shocked if the festering wound bracers don't get nerfed.

#1 the playstyle is AWFUL. You're constantly FeSing
    #2 imo it's too strong and really forces us into Bursting sores.

I hope it's nerfed to 1-3 because 1-5 is awful to play with. Castigator becomes almost unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    I would be shocked if the festering wound bracers don't get nerfed.

#1 the playstyle is AWFUL. You're constantly FeSing
    #2 imo it's too strong and really forces us into Bursting sores.

I hope it's nerfed to 1-3 because 1-5 is awful to play with. Castigator becomes almost unusable.
    True, true.
    They do stack with castigator, do they? Must be very frustrating to bust 7 FW just before SR...

Deleted
    With our mediocre movement speed, as well as the mediocrity of the other legendaries, Aggramar's Stride might be worth considering as a second slot legendary once we max out the order hall projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    With our mediocre movement speed, as well as the mediocrity of the other legendaries, Aggramar's Stride might be worth considering as a second slot legendary once we max out the order hall projects.
    After 43 days when you can use a second one sure. The FW bracers seem paramount, though.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that PVP Apoc nerf. I thought they would have changed the weapon damage %, not how many wounds pop. 4 less ghouls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Damn, that PVP Apoc nerf. I thought they would have changed the weapon damage %, not how many wounds pop. 4 less ghouls.
    How much of a pve nerf is this? didn't it do damage based off how many wounds popped also?

-edit, nvm

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    How much of a pve nerf is this? didn't it do damage based off how many wounds popped also?

-edit, nvm
    I'm glad the Apocalypse nerf only applied to PvP. I don't even do PvP, so I would have had even more disdain towards that community if they ruined such a cool spell for us players that only do PvE content.

Can anybody be kind enough to list apoc's trait path in order or post the link? Thanks!

Wow DK's have been F'd in the A by Blizz for a couple weeks straight now.

It's quite obvious that DK will be Blizzs punching bag throughout Legion.

Rmember, it's okay that DKs are slow and immobile, because they hit VERY hard when in range.

To exemplify this, Blizz has nerfed mobility AND damage considerably just to show how dedicated they are to maintaining class fantasy.

Deleted
    Really? Fucking really? Just days before release?

Deleted
    pvp nerf, try reading the notes next time. And it was justified because doing a 675% weapon damage + 1200% AP nuke with BS in a single GCD is absolutely ridiculous, that's not including the 960% AP from when the Ghouls die and all the debuffs they apply too.

unless you're referring to the wrists in which case it's like a 1-2% dps loss and chances are you won't get them anyway. Frost was shit even when they were 20%.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2016-08-27 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    pvp nerf, try reading the notes next time. And it was justified because doing a 675% weapon damage + 1200% AP nuke with BS in a single GCD is absolutely ridiculous, that's not including the 960% AP from when the Ghouls die and all the debuffs they apply too.

unless you're referring to the wrists in which case it's like a 1-2% dps loss and chances are you won't get them anyway. Frost was shit even when they were 20%.
    It's also UH ultimate artifact ability, the only source of burst damage, and the one savings grace for pvp.

I mean is that what DK pvp has come down to? Not even having a single bit of burst? Just running around scared casting claw of shadows and getting fluff damage with Outbreak and Dot explosion?

"Slow and immobile, yet hard hitting when they get close"

I'm struggling to see how ANY of the nerfs lately does ANYTHING to emphasis the "hard hitting when close" aspect of the class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    pvp nerf, try reading the notes next time.
    You should take your own advice about reading, his post clearly says edit:nvm, yes it was edited but the lack of the forum edit message means it was done very close to right after posting it which was way before you got triggered and went off.

So I've been out of the loop for about a year due to taking a break, and I'm looking to come back to play for Legion, so I was wondering a few things about Unholy. (or maybe more than a few lol)

1. For Single-Target, Bursting Sores vs. Ebon Fever
    I've read some sources saying Ebon Fever is stronger even for Single Target, but I'm not noticing any huge difference (like 500 dps) in Dummie-Testing DPS (I know dummies aren't 100% accurate all the time). However, what I am noticing is a bit of an unpleasant "flow", having to use Outbreak twice as often.. So which talent is better?

2. Castigator vs. Clawing Shadows, is Claw merely a matter of Quality of Life for certain fights, where attacking from Range would be beneficial?

3. In what scenario (if any) would Infected Claws be taken over Shadow Infusion?
    3b. Is there any scenario in which Necrosis will be viable?

4. With the nerfs to both the Talent and Runic Power hoarding Pre-Pull, is Soul Reaper now better than Dark Arbiter in most cases?

5. How many targets before Epidemic out-classes Pestilent Pustules?
    5b. Is there any scenario where the AoE/Adds portion of a fight will make Defile worth taking over the other level 100 Talents?

6. What is the Stat-Priority for Legion Unholy? Stength > Haste > Mastery> Crit? (Rune Regen seems to be EXTREMELY limiting with low haste)

7. What is the ideal order to aim for Legendaries? (if you even can)

8. What is the ideal build-path for Artifact Talents for Unholy, I know we can eventually fill it all, but initially what is best?

9. Is there a preferable set of Class Hall Upgrades for Death Knight?

Thanks for any assistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Breyers

Since all of what you ask has been answered before you can find it in here, minus the class hall as optimal paths are hard to determine as it depends on personal preference and goals.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4300938895419#

Quote Originally Posted by acidbaron View Post
    @breyers

since all of what you ask has been answered before you can find it in here, minus the class hall as optimal paths are hard to determine as it depends on personal preference and goals.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4300938895419#
    "talent section out of date"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    "talent section out of date"
    First off, you're welcome for providing you the link seeing you forgot to mention that, secondly that is the most up to date source of information as it's the theory crafting document, any answer received here or elsewhere are either from that document or based on speculation without any proof.

edit: the talent section seems to due for a rewrite. Considering not much has changed regarding buffs and nerfs most of the information on there will still be correct as it lays out also why something can be considered better.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2016-08-27 at 07:16 PM.

I'm at work breyers but I'll answer a few of those.

2. At 100 right now they are pretty much the same overall, so (likely depending on your gear this could be a little diff) take whichever you want. Noting that for CS to be equal you take Ebon Fever or AWS, and take Busrting Sores with Castigor. At 110 it's not clear yet if one is better than the other.

3. At 100 if you have the tier set from HFC you want to use SI hands down. At 110 it's a toss up fight to fight which you want to use, both are viable and kinda change around depending on things like legendaries and the fight.
    Necrosis can be taken but it's far from a fun playstyle, so most people won't suggest doing so.

4. At 110 you take SR pretty much all the time for progression.

5. Pestilential Pustules you only take on pure single target, which is almost non existent. You'll almost always take Epidemic.
    Defile I don't believe atm gets taken much at all.

6. No stat weights that are definitive yet.

7. The bracers for Unholy are very strong but are likely in line to be nerfed, also (and this is my opinion) the playstyle it makes isn't very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    First off, you're welcome for providing you the link seeing you forgot to mention that, secondly that is the most up to date source of information as it's the theory crafting document, any answer received here or elsewhere are either from that document or based on speculation without any proof.
    Just because it's not from that document doesn't mean there isn't proof. I mean, good for the guys who do that doc but it's not the gospel or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

Just because it's not from that document doesn't mean there isn't proof. I mean, good for the guys who do that doc but it's not the gospel or something.
    In a rare case someone will have sims provided to counter it, in majority of the other cases it will be due to people believing something is better.

If you were a gambling man, your odds would be better to rely on the document rather then random forum posters, as there are quite a lot of assumptions floating around not from you per say but have seem some people make claims and speak of it as absolute truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    So I've been out of the loop for about a year due to taking a break, and I'm looking to come back to play for Legion, so I was wondering a few things about Unholy. (or maybe more than a few lol)

1. For Single-Target, Bursting Sores vs. Ebon Fever
    I've read some sources saying Ebon Fever is stronger even for Single Target, but I'm not noticing any huge difference (like 500 dps) in Dummie-Testing DPS (I know dummies aren't 100% accurate all the time). However, what I am noticing is a bit of an unpleasant "flow", having to use Outbreak twice as often.. So which talent is better?

2. Castigator vs. Clawing Shadows, is Claw merely a matter of Quality of Life for certain fights, where attacking from Range would be beneficial?

3. In what scenario (if any) would Infected Claws be taken over Shadow Infusion?
    3b. Is there any scenario in which Necrosis will be viable?

4. With the nerfs to both the Talent and Runic Power hoarding Pre-Pull, is Soul Reaper now better than Dark Arbiter in most cases?

5. How many targets before Epidemic out-classes Pestilent Pustules?
    5b. Is there any scenario where the AoE/Adds portion of a fight will make Defile worth taking over the other level 100 Talents?

6. What is the Stat-Priority for Legion Unholy? Stength > Haste > Mastery> Crit? (Rune Regen seems to be EXTREMELY limiting with low haste)

7. What is the ideal order to aim for Legendaries? (if you even can)

8. What is the ideal build-path for Artifact Talents for Unholy, I know we can eventually fill it all, but initially what is best?

9. Is there a preferable set of Class Hall Upgrades for Death Knight?

Thanks for any assistance.
    Answers ignore Legendary items

1. Ebon Fevor is better, Bursting "could be" but need sims n what not. But you would have to have wounds up first to pop them, then you also look at GCD usage Epidemic vs putting up/popping wounds. Yes you need to use Outbreak often but that is a good thing.

2. This one is tough and still iffy, but Cast favors crit and CS favors mastery. Mastery is better for AoE/Multiple targets, it increases our shadow dmg from which there is a lot of we put out, and CS gets a +10% dmg buff as soon as you get the Artifact. Also look at the range of CS which is very handy. Cast most likely pulls ahead on a patchwerk fight but we haven't had one like that since WOTLK

3. IC is better on short fights like under 1 min but it also has RNG to it. SI is a better way to go, give more up time on DT.
    3b. It has very poor interaction with one of the Artifact golden traits, forcing you to DC X DC X DC X under its window.

4. DA is only God mode now cause of ring and really short fights, SR is better

5. Epidemic for any fight with adds/multiple targets, PP is a single target only talent
    5b. would need sims, but a CS build with mastery makes it interesting. While under Defile spam CS it cleaves and benefits from the stacking mastery, as soon as it end and you have max stacks of the mastery buff use 2 of 3 epidemic charges (you should never let it cap @3) so they also get boosted by that mastery buff.

6. Castigator:Haste>Crit> CS:Haste>Mastery

7. Its RNG on when you get and what you get

8. http://i.imgur.com/SkcefRb.png

9. What i'm going and reasons why http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42083546

Answers ignore Legendary items