Deleted

Character parking

Hi guys,

quick question, where should I parm my character before legion, to be able start with leveling process right after release? I heard that Dalaran? Which one? The on in Northend or the one in Deadwind Pass above Karazhan?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annubiz View Post
    Hi guys,

quick question, where should I parm my character before legion, to be able start with leveling process right after release? I heard that Dalaran? Which one? The on in Northend or the one in Deadwind Pass above Karazhan?
    Dalaran over Kara in the new middle building next to Khadgar. Make sure you completed the Ulduar/Kara/Alodi quests beforehand

What are you supposed to do when u login at launch? Where to go?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Speak to khadgar in dala above karazhan.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    You'll either get a quest from:
    a) Khadgars servant spawning near you and following you
    b) The adventure Journal
    c) Khadgar in the middle of Karazhan Dalaran

Either way you'll have to turn in the quest to Khadgar in Dalaran and he will proceed to teleport the city to the broken shore with the help of the rest of the Kirin Tor magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Dalaran over Kara in the new middle building next to Khadgar. Make sure you completed the Ulduar/Kara/Alodi quests beforehand
    Will the ulduar/kara/alodi quests be required?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Will the ulduar/kara/alodi quests be required?
    Later on it will be skipable, but for the launch itself if you want to start as soon as it's midnight I would suggest doing them beforehand.

Later on it will be skipable, but for the launch itself if you want to start as soon as it's midnight I would suggest doing them beforehand.
    It will only be skippable once you have completed it's entirety once. After that you can skip it until the end of time, but not before that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It will only be skippable once you have completed it's entirety once. After that you can skip it until the end of time, but not before that.
    That's been confirmed only for the broken shore. For the lore questline they said you won't be given it but you can later talk to a NPC in dalaran in BI to play it

That's been confirmed only for the broken shore. For the lore questline they said you won't be given it but you can later talk to a NPC in dalaran in BI to play it
    No, it's been confirmed for the entire thing. It was also this way in Beta.

What will happen is you get the quest to talk to the Orc outside Org to start the quest line. Once you have completed it on your account a second option appears something along the lines of "Been there, done that" and once you choose it you will automatically be ported to Dalaran above the Broken Isles and start your artifact quest.

The Broken Shore scenario will be skippable. Those quests will no longer show up on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Broken Shore scenario will be skippable. Those quests will no longer show up on their own.
    Either you skip the entire thing or you do it. There is no in between.

No, it's been confirmed for the entire thing. It was also this way in Beta.
    You got a few things confused there. The Broken Shore scenario and associated quests are part of the Legion intro quests. Ulduar Scenario, Karazhan Scenario and the Alodi quest are pre-event quests and no longer show up on their own after Legion release.

Once Legion is released, you get immediately sent to Dalaran for the teleport cutscene after being introduced to the Illidari in your faction capital.

You got a few things confused there. The Broken Shore scenario and associated quests are part of the Legion intro quests. Ulduar Scenario, Karazhan Scenario and the Alodi quest are pre-event quests and no longer show up on their own after Legion release.
    They aren't pre-event quests they are part of the actual storyline for that event and are all tied together. The Invasion and Org event would be your pre-expansion events.

You will be able to do Broken Shore + Associated Quests after the launch and even Muffins talked about it on his twitter a few weeks ago.

You will be able to do Broken Shore + Associated Quests after the launch and even Muffins talked about it on his twitter a few weeks ago.
    Yes, he talked about how you can talk to an NPC in the Broken Isles to do those quests even after Legion release. Which wouldn't make any sense if they were part of the regular questing experience.

Yes, he talked about how you can talk to an NPC in the Broken Isles to do those quests even after Legion release. Which wouldn't make any sense if they were part of the regular questing experience.
    That's if you wanted to go back and do them after you skipped them. That's why it makes sense. Granted you don't have to take my word for it or anything and we can find out Tuesday :P

Trust me though that whole entire series will be available or you can skip it. It's been this way in beta forever and they had separate servers for the pre-launch event itself. So you can further distinguish the two. It's easy to get it confused though since it is all occurring before the expansion.

That's if you wanted to go back and do them after you skipped them. That's why it makes sense. Granted you don't have to take my word for it or anything and we can find out Tuesday :P

Trust me though that whole entire series will be available or you can skip it. It's been this way in beta forever and they had separate servers for the pre-launch event itself. So you can further distinguish the two. It's easy to get it confused though since it is all occurring before the expansion.
    I did the intro quest on Beta. I did Broken Shore, saved Anduin from the demon attack, got sent to greet the Illidari and then called to Dalaran to port to the Broken Isles. No Ulduar/Karazhan scenario. Those were explicitly described by Blizzard as pre-event quests.

Also, no, that doesn't make sense. It was "after Legion release" not "if you skipped them".

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno how this is confusing. If you've done Broken Shore - funeral fight - went to dalaran - went to ulduar - went to karazhan - back to dalaran to zap 4 orbs - starts the ritual after ghost talks. (basically every quest that's popped up these last few weeks) Then all you need to do is talk to Khadgar come Tuesday and off you go. At this point, unless your alts have already started the quest chain (gone through broken shore scenario) then you can skip everything. If they have done even just broken shore scenario, you need to do the rest of the chain. Karazhan and Ulduar scenarios, when this goes Live, will not be required to get to the teleportation of dalaran. They're optional though and available via the Archivist in Dalaran if you really need to be bored.

The DH in SW/Org next to the gear vendor is the pre-event part that tells you to complete an invasion. Invasions are pre-expansion events. Pretty simple stuff.

You can sit in SW/Org and accept the quest from bubble dude to go to Dalaran or you can park in Dalaran and already be there. 30 seconds vs. 10 seconds. Be careful, Khadgar and co. may lag out and blow up Dalaran instead of teleporting it with so many people. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    The DH in SW/Org next to the gear vendor is the pre-event part that tells you to complete an invasion. Invasions are pre-expansion events. Pretty simple stuff.
    You'll still get sent to him even after Launch, it's just that instead of the Invasions, you immediately get told to move your ass to Dalaran.