Deleted
    Pitlord feels like a mixture between Jakiro and ET. His pit is pretty much like a slightly different Icepath, including the slow casting, meaning you cannot chase with level 1. His Firestorm is like dualbreath, just without the slow and you can walk out of it while it deals a little more damage. Atrophy Aura on the other hand says you should go in and rightklick, or at least debuff. His ult is pretty much a mass relocate that has a longer cd. Why does the Manacost increase so much? Unless you were suprise buttfucked I like the longer activationtime more, while 10 secs per level does very little in comparison.
    His Pit and Firestorm say stay away, his Atrophyaura says stay in while his ult has little synery with both, unless you count TPing after you cleared a stack for +dmg (where you should probably use a tp anyways) as synergy.
    I personally liked the version where he had exploding corpses better, it felt more synergistic. Maybe give him bonusspeed while he is in the pit or at least make the cast faster. Currently his biggest downside, at least how I see it is his long-ass casttime, you can't really chase to use you meleeatack or use the pit, unless you leveled it up.

With that being said he does work well with Jakiro and ET and comboes they can be quite devastating. Jakiro, besides having somewhat similar skills, helps towerpushing with liquid fire and ET reduces enemy defences while he can also setup icepaths/pits or get help to land his ult. Pitlord himself can get both out of trouble, so jakiro being slow is less of an issue and ET can rightclick better due to the disables and atrophy aura. He could work nicely with enigma, too. Can they share a Jungle without killing things too fast?
    I still would like some changes to make his skills better working together.

Other than that It feels, that despite it seems to work well together with his Aura, Vanguard feels kinda weak. Mek, despite Underlords limited manapool seems to make him way more tanky. Other than that I like Echosabre on him, since it kinda helps with chasing and he gets like 30 dmg if he stays in lane (also 65 dmg lvl1 :O ). Sadly it doesn't solve his manaissues, so Arcanes are core.

PS: Aghsidea: Firestorm casted on the TPtarget upon start of the cast and Pit upon arrival. Would also make leveling the Ult actually better, since you may be able to catch someone with both. Maybe also allow TP to heroes.
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2016-08-25 at 12:21 PM.

Lycan + Underlord seems like a good idea, same with Beastmaster. (Invis units don't show the effects to enemy team)
    https://gfycat.com/BitterNaiveBeaver

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The problem with offlaning him is that he's relatively easy to gank. He'll pretty much always be pushed up to the tower, so getting in behind him is usually very straight forward. He doesn't really have any way to escape other the short snare on his pit, so a stun or two is all you need to kill him really. I know Dark Seer does pretty much the same thing, but at least DS has Surge to get out of sticky situations, Underlords just got to make a run for it and hope for the best.

I've had more success with him mid, he pushes extremely well and has strong ganking tools. Being able to get your team miles ahead before you start to drop off is definately in your best interests and mid is the best place to do that imo. The comparisons to Chen are apt, you want to gank, push towers while the other team is dead and repeat the process. If you're not fast about ending the game, you're basically going to be an Aura bot.
    How do you kill him with a stun or two when you do literally no right click damage? Spells don't do that much damage at rank 1 or 2, which is where most supports will be early game. Carries probably won't be able to do any damage to him whatsoever. Had a game last night where I was mid PA and by the time I rotated at level 9 or so he had vanguard and I literally did not do damage unless I got a crit. Even a simple stout shield or PMS should be enough to make him largely immune to the right click damage of most supports.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2597111633
    Still won, but honestly he can thank his dagon 5 no blink Puck for that. And it was as I explained in my last post, they dominated early game and we couldn't do anything in team fights because none of us did any damage to them, but once we started getting +damage items the atrophy aura stopped being good and the game was easy.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-08-25 at 05:53 PM.

We had little issue killing him with a PA+ Jakiro lane with a WK jungler. WK literally walked around behind him and start stabbing, with stuns and slows for when he tried to escape. Then we did it again when he TPed back. This was very early in the game though, levels 2-4, I realise that its not going to work out too well with other junglers who can't/won't gank early game. To be honest, if it wasn't a Random Draft game, we'd not have had WK jungling in the first place. Such is Dota. When all he's got skilled are his Firestorm and his Pit, just stabbing him to death is a perfectly viable option.

In general, he's going to struggle with his lane constantly pushing, he's either going to max Firestorm and push it that way, or max his Aura, and have his creeps push. It's going to leave him very exposed to ganks from both mid and the jungle. He doesn't move particularly fast, and his only CC stops you from walking but nothing else. If you have a team thats looking to gank aggressively early game he makes himself a very appealing target.

Underlord should be going aura at level 1 virtually 100% of the time. There's literally 0 reason to have even one point in pit of malice before level like 9 when you start pushing, you aren't ever, ever going to get a kill with it by yourself. The damage block and aura damage reduction stack nicely, if you as a support do 60 damage, which would honestly be high for many supports at level 3-4, his aura will reduce that to 40 damage and then armor kicks in and then stout shield kicks in, he can easily reduce you to 10 or less damage per hit. If you aren't using spells you're doing no damage, how do you kill him, it doesn't matter how fast he is because he can just walk circles around you laughing.

PA is probably the best hero for laning against him, though. He can't really hurt her and she can just flip daggers at him forever until he's forced to run.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-08-26 at 05:26 AM.

Yikes, I left this thread like 2 years ago and pizza and lysah still circle jerk their low tier pub autism. Everything is OP! Especially storm!

Hermanni should've just ignored pizza after his "wisdom" on how EZ meepo is when he himself had 2 meepo games played (both losses). Lysah crying about OP storm literally made me leave after calling her out about some game where she played super shit tier weaver and got rekt by bara/bh and blamed some no impact super shit 4k storm for carrying. And then nothing was said about the game. Just more crying about how OP storm was. There is no such thing as arguments here, because lysah doesn't respond to anyone who isn't bad, then gets blown by pizza who knows nothing about the game because he doesn't play it. But yea even this was before dota got super casual. These kids type walls of text yet remain bad at a simple game.

Longview should be given a congressional medal of honor for tolerating these kids for so long. Anyone who actually has an interest in dota could spend 2 seconds on JoinDota, TeamLiquid, PlayDota, or DotaBuff and understand how ridiculously little these 2 know about the game. Reading the last 20 pages feels like they literally try to flex out on being the smartest retards on the short bus. But yea, At least one got ashamed enough to remove their twitch stream link from their sig. Being bad and uninteresting at the same time is hard to do for most girls. Not in Megathread Dota 2 though!

EDIT: See you guy's next year when TPs are free and everyone gets a blink.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-26 at 02:21 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, was wondering when you'd poke your head in. We were missing the other angry loser troll, Hermanni was having a lot of trouble keeping it up by himself. See you next year bud.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I wonder if monkey king is the hero from HON. Ice frog did make HON around the same time he stopped working on Dota 1.

Also invoked immortal acquired.....to bad I never play that hero

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I wonder if monkey king is the hero from HON. Ice frog did make HON around the same time he stopped working on Dota 1.

Also invoked immortal acquired.....to bad I never play that hero
    No, Monkey King was a concept already back in dota1.

And he is also based on chinese mythology, all the monkey king hero in various ASSFAGGOT's you see is based on that, they are not copying each other.
    It's just a common chinese mythology hero, almost like Zeus.

The real question is wether they will bring back heroes like the gambler(lmao)
    I would love to see them bring some of the original heroes in HoN to dota2, but i know that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-08-27 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yikes, I left this thread like 2 years ago and pizza and lysah still circle jerk their low tier pub autism. Everything is OP! Especially storm!
    Storm got nerfed, so no he is not OP anymore. And guess what? He got nerfed because I was right. Your mother made a mistake by not aborting you.

And that Weaver game you mentioned, I was 14-0 when I finally died the first time to Storm, and guess how? he finally finished his Orchid at 30 minutes, teleported 4000 range from out of vision, silenced me and killed me with zero chance of counterplay on my part because Storm was, indeed, overpowered, which is why he was nerfed.

But, as usual, you offer nothing of substance to this thread, you literally just come in here to troll. You posted two paragraphs literally just to flame me and pizza and then cry that dota is "becoming casual" when it is at the best point it has ever been in its extremely long history. Crawl back into your hole now, child, see you in another 6 months for your next ignorant flame attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Underlord craze gone yet?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Is the Underlord craze gone yet?
    People realized that he is no carry, so yeah.

People have also realised how to work around him, too. Been seeing a lot of Nature's Prophet to chase him around the map, as well as carries who don't rely on their base damage. I can see him still being reasonably popular though no matter what, when he gets ahead he can make life really miserable for melee carries and that's going to appeal to those kinds of people who just love sucking all the fun out of the game.

Personally, I think he's a second rate Tidehunter as an offlaner. Only without the latters game changing ultimate.

People have also realised how to work around him, too.
    True, had some people counterpick me with SD and Sky, Offlane didn't go that good in those games.

Though wrecking heroes like Lion is fun, don't give a shit about mana drain, just hit him in the face with buffed damage.

Personally, I think he's a second rate Tidehunter as an offlaner. Only without the latters game changing ultimate.
    In regard of their early game, yeah they quite similiar.

Tide is usually stronger because his Ultimate but Pit Lord has the advantage of being a decent farmer and afford a lot of items, Survival Items make a real impact on this Hero due his Ult, Crimson Vanguard + Atrophy Aura is just insane melee damage reduction.

But one Hero will probably be auto banned once someone picks Pit Lord: Lycan.

His Invis Wolves + Pit Ult make the entire Map unsafe, you can't go solo unless you have a gem (which won't always safe you) or be covered in sentries.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-08-28 at 12:43 AM.

coL.canceL^^ PogChamp

i'm hoping the dota monkey king kinda plays like the HoN monkey king, so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    i'm hoping the dota monkey king kinda plays like the HoN monkey king, so much fun.
    And insanely overpowered with any kind of minus armor item.

The problem with S2's take on MOBA Heroes is that everything they came up with (post-DOTA copyright) involved insane lane harassment. Nomad, Martyr, MK... these were all heroes that had to be nerfed because they could eat up 400g of lane regen by the 2 minute mark and still have plenty of leftover mana.

If anything, DOTA should import the way Taunts worked in HoN and start being a little trashier with the announcer packs.

4 games in a row today with underlord in them, one without. Craze isn't over because just when everyone started to realize he's not a carry they saw him spank eternalenvy mid. The 5ks and 6ks seem to think he's still viable as long as you are good with him, which they obviously are and they're only still 6k instead of 9k because their teammates are always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    And insanely overpowered with any kind of minus armor item.

The problem with S2's take on MOBA Heroes is that everything they came up with (post-DOTA copyright) involved insane lane harassment. Nomad, Martyr, MK... these were all heroes that had to be nerfed because they could eat up 400g of lane regen by the 2 minute mark and still have plenty of leftover mana.

If anything, DOTA should import the way Taunts worked in HoN and start being a little trashier with the announcer packs.
    i still love the samuel L. jackson announcer pack. Welcome to newerth mother fucker. Side note, I really want valve to copy over Revenant from HoN, my all time favorite hero to play.