Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    You people don't seem to be understanding what people are upset about. No one (and certainly not me) is telling ANYONE how to play. And no one is getting mad at differing opinions, except you, the responder to this thread. It's HOW you say things that matters, and how you say things like you're some fucking God of mythic raiding and we plebian heroic raiders are lfr jackoff afkers. That's so disgustingly immature and petty that it'd bring anyone to righteous anger.

And to the guy who says I should know better after 8 years on these boards, sadly, you're exactly right. I guess that some silly part of me expects maturity from the mmo-c userbase, which is my fault. Lesson learned.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You people don't seem to be understanding what people are upset about. No one (and certainly not me) is telling ANYONE how to play. And no one is getting mad at differing opinions, except you, the responder to this thread. It's HOW you say things that matters, and how you say things like you're some fucking God of mythic raiding and we plebian heroic raiders are lfr jackoff afkers. That's so disgustingly immature and petty that it'd bring anyone to righteous anger.

And to the guy who says I should know better after 8 years on these boards, sadly, you're exactly right. I guess that some silly part of me expects maturity from the mmo-c userbase, which is my fault. Lesson learned.
    Don't expect anything from other people you don't bring yourself. Like not using hyperbole and hypocrisy.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

15+ Year Old Account
    Please explain with quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    People get hostile cause you waste forum space with pointless threads. That's good for you but no one else cares.
    It's not pointless. Plenty of people are made to feel like they're wrong or bad for playing a non-min/maxed spec, whether they're raiding mythic or just running LFG dungeons. Having someone speak out is a nice way of letting people know that they may not be alone, and that it's okay to play another spec - that the game is not just made of people who will bad mouth you for playing a spec you enjoy, though that group seems to be the most vocal.

In terms of min/max, assassination may be optimal for some individuals. If you are more comfortable as a player with a given rotation or play style... if it fits your capabilities better... a theoretically sub-par spec can be far superior than the "optimal" spec. Take, for example, someone who has trouble with their spacial awareness. They can potentially increase their DPS by taking talents (or a spec) that has less to do, allowing them more time to focus on what's going on around them. While these people may not be the people pushing mythic, they certainly are players - and their raid may be better off allowing them to find the spec or build that is optimal for them as a player rather than trying to pigeon hole them into a spec that is optimal when played by a sim.

There is also the long term view. Your guild may hold together far longer by allowing people to play specs that are 5% (or even 10%) less optimal if it means they are enjoying the game more, even if that means progressing a little slower.

As a side note, I don't recall reading anything in the OP that says it's not okay to enjoy the min/maxed spec purely because you're min/maxing. However, I do see plenty of responses that seem to be attacking the OP for trying to help others enjoy the game more and not feel like they must be pigeon holed into a spec if they don't enjoy it.

Please explain with quotes
    Why? Is this thread too big for you? Does your previous page button fail you, like your assumption that anyone cares more about your choice of specs then your choice of being hurt about people telling you that you won't raid top end content?

I'm sorry, can't help you there, my belief forbids it.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-08-27 at 07:47 PM. Reason: punctuation
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    I like how a person that has his PC setup listed in 6 fucking rows of text as a signature calls other people elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    When was the last time you saw a Ninja score some of the finest booty on the seas?
    Pirates score the best booty in port.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    People reasonably tell you why your choice is a bad one (and it is) and you can't accept that so you break down like a child.
    If the goal of a game is to enjoy your time with it, and his choice makes him enjoy his time more, how is it a bad choice? And why are you resorting to name calling?

There's been a lot of fuss over the recent Assass nerf, which I am inclined to admit was pretty obnoxious and perhaps a bit too heavy handed. Before the nerf, I was personally committed to maining an assass rogue. After the nerf, I'll admit, I was a bit shaken by it. Outlaw seemed more and more the "in" spec, everyone flocking to it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

But I am not. I am maintaining my stance, and am for sure maining assass. Why? Well, because it's fun, and I enjoy it.

I really do not think that Outlaw is going to perform so much better than Assass as to make it completely unviable. Yes, in the past, this has been the case. It's been a very long time since Assass was king of the mountain, but that doesn't matter to me anymore.

I just hope people realize that this game should first and foremost be about one thing, and that's enjoyment. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be playing. That just creates negativity, bias, and eventual burnout. For the longest time it really bothered me that Assass wasn't #1 and almost completely irrelevant. But not anymore.

With the recent class overhauls, and artifacts, I am fairly certain Assass won't be so far behind as it previously has been. A fully decked out rogue with a Legendary item and a powered up artifact should be a force to be reckoned with, I have no fear. So for that very reason, I am deciding to not main the thing that might plausibly put out the most DPS, but maining the spec that I am the most comfortable with, and the spec that I actually truly love, and that is

Assassination

Come, my sleuthy brethren. Bask in the blood of your gouged enemies and nay-sayers.
    I was in your spot but for me, the nerfs hit me hard. Energy regen just feels sooo slow to me, to the point where I just wasnt enjoying the spec anymore. I dont know if it just me or what but it just seems like a slow spec now. When 7.0 first came out, I instantly fell in love with Assass, but over time now with the nerfs, it just made me want to go outlaw, which I really didnt want to do. So for awhile I was thinking of rerolling but I just can give up on Rogue. So for now I will be going Outlaw but I'm hoping Assass might change or that the Artifact helps it out a lot more.

Why are nerds raging here? The op just shared his opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll go with Assass too, because other specs aren't appealing to me.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-08-28 at 08:57 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Grats on your decision. Can't wait till legion is out and we stop getting these kind of posts though. I don't care if you're playing without talents and artifact points spent.

At least its not as bad as the "HELP ME PICK A MAIN" thread spam everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Pirates score the best booty in port.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore95 View Post
    Yar har fiddle dee, Outlaw is the right spec for me!
    Pretty much. I don't know why people insist on bringing their PvP spec (Assassination) to serious (Heroic/Mythic) raids. I've seen tons of boss kills in WoD that would have otherwise ended in demoralizing wipes if anyone had been doing just a bit less damage than they should be.

Sure, you can point the finger at mechanics and try to fix that but in a raid where everyone is drunk/high and playing for fun... no one really cares... so you have to try and zerg the boss with optimal specs, flasks and food buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest illusion you people seem to be under is that you're some kind of forum patrol who decides who cares about what post and what people are allowed to say. Go fuck off.

How about this: if you don't care, don't post?

Incoming elitist who pick the flavor of the month and think the spec they are told to play is more important then actually learning to play the spec you want and being better then FOTM players.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guys i'm really worried about wasting my artifact points what spec should I play????? while you're at it can you feed me via bottle and wipe my bum cheeks.

im also worried no one will pick me for groups because of lack of either aoe/cc/st/cleave/heals/tanking/leadership/communication/strategist

Help??? tell me the way internet. I dont know how to effectively make use of my time on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Incoming elitist who pick the flavor of the month and think the spec they are told to play is more important then actually learning to play the spec you want and being better then FOTM players.
    wanting to bring 100% out of your character isnt elitism, it's just common sense

good players are also good enough to learn 3 specs not just one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Why are nerds raging here? The op just shared his opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll go with Assass too, because other specs aren't appealing to me.
    9000 posts on a gaming forum calling other people nerds.

This is stupid enough to be quotable

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    9000 posts on a gaming forum calling other people nerds.

This is stupid enough to be quotable
    First, most of my posts are on Gen-OT, about politics, philosophy and science. So, that time spent is spent on discussing them, not on games. I also regularly follow historum. Second, my post average on 3.5 posts per day, whereas yours is above 5.5, which most is focused on WoW. I don't even play games anymore.

You are the nerd, not me.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-08-27 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    First, most of my posts are on Gen-OT, about politics, philosophy and science. So, that time spent is spent on discussing them, not on games. I also regularly follow historum. Second, my post average on 3.5 posts per day, whereas yours is above 5.5, which most is focused on WoW.

You are a nerd, I am not.
    You are on a gaming website. And your are posting in a thread about a class in a game.

If you where really into science, not gaming, this isnt the right forum and you know it.

Also my account was renamed and resat. Its actually older then what it says, the posts carried over though.

You are a nerd. If not, then honestly? Gtfo

"i'm actually not a nerd at all! I post aboit SRS TOPICS ON A GAMING WEBSITE!!!".

Thats so sad lol

First, most of my posts are on Gen-OT, about politics, philosophy and science. So, that time spent is spent on discussing them, not on games. I also regularly follow historum. Second, my post average on 3.5 posts per day, whereas yours is above 5.5, which most is focused on WoW. I don't even play games anymore.
    And dicussions about not games are inherently superior to gaming ones?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    And dicussions about not games are inherently superior to gaming ones?
    That's not what I suggested, but when you are about to blame someone with being "nerd", make sure he's a nerd.