Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire legendaries discussion

Let's start a new thread with a more civil discourse about the Fire legendaries.

Frosted over at AT already updated his Sims with the new patch (27/08)

REMEMBER :

- These sims are done on patchwork fights, with bloodlust used on pull and every 5 minutes afterwards.

- Actual progression will very likely never use bloodlust on pull, take that into account for Shard of the Exodar

1 Target, kindling :

4 Targets, Cinderstorm, Aoe // 4 Targets, Cinderstorm, priority boss

In progression, Bracers is by far the most powerful legendary to try and get as of now
    Last edited by Torian kel; 2016-08-27 at 09:41 PM.

Might want to also add that we have 3 charges of ice floes that recharges every 20 seconds and being able to continue casting while using shimmer. Making it highly possible we can move while casting a hard pyro.

Note that both legendary rings, right now, OOM fire (and thus seem weaker)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchitechSK View Post
    Note that both legendary rings, right now, OOM fire (and thus seem weaker)
    Pretty sure they did a sim where u dont go oom. i'll check laters.

could someone explain to me how a 200% pyro over losing your ignite and hard casting a pyro at ~3.5seconds is a dps gain? u lose like 2 double ignite pyros instant casts within it doesnt make sense to me

That AoE sim is the infinite mana sim. Not sure on the ST one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zensine View Post
    could someone explain to me how a 200% pyro over losing your ignite and hard casting a pyro at ~3.5seconds is a dps gain? u lose like 2 double ignite pyros instant casts within it doesnt make sense to me
    1) You aren't guaranteed to get those crits.

2) It's a 400% normal damage pyro, not a 200% damage pyro.

3) You don't lose your ignite. What does that even mean?

Let me ask this again: who cares about sims with 0 movement?
    Have you even raided any bosses in beta?
    Also: those numbers are from before CM hotfix.

P.S. OP signature image is pure win, considering he managed to clear 13/13 ONCE before the 50% nerf.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2016-08-28 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post

P.S. OP signature image is pure win, considering he managed to clear 13/13 ONCE before the 50% nerf.

We're mages we don't care about movement much, do you play your class at all ? These are updated sims from literally a few yours ago, from mages ten times smarter than you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    That AoE sim is the infinite mana sim. Not sure on the ST one.

- - - Updated - - -

1) You aren't guaranteed to get those crits.

2) It's a 400% normal damage pyro, not a 200% damage pyro.

3) You don't lose your ignite. What does that even mean?
    also the pyro bracers will also increase your average ignites, in fact the ignites you get from the pyro bracer will tick significantly harder than those from hot streak pyros assuming similar situation, it will tick for about twice as much atleast according to some napkin math.

Movement would affect both the ring and bracers. Good thing we have the ability to cast while moving thru 2 different spells.

updated sims still show the bracers doing more especially since it was recently buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    We're mages we don't care about movement much, do you play your class at all ?
    I seem to be playing it way more than you mister 1 clear before prepatch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    updated sims still show the bracers doing more especially since it was recently buffed.
    Lets see those sims with heavy movement aka every boss in Legion. Where are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to be playing it way more than you mister 1 clear before prepatch

Man I really hoped we could keep the discussion civil.

You keep bringing up nonsense, and I don't care enough about you to correct you.

Now, I hope we can get back to discussing these legendaries, because you're really fucking annoying mate. You clearly have no experience and your arrogance is tiring for mages that actually know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Torian kel; 2016-08-28 at 06:45 PM.

I've played it plenty, and cleared 13/13 more times than I ever want to admit to. What class are you playing that cannot handle movement easily? I'm hoping it's not the one with 5 ice floes charges, access to scorch on the move, 2xIB, and an instant cast pyroblast as part of its core rotation.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2016-08-28 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    You keep bringing up nonsense, and I don't care enough about you to correct you, but you're pissing me off, so here goes :
    I'm sorry no time to read your life story 1 kill is 1 kill, lets move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I've played it plenty, and cleared 13/13 more times than I ever want to admit to. What class are you playing that cannot handle movement easily? I'm hoping it's not the one with 5 ice floes charges, access to scorch on the move, 2xIB, and an instant cast pyroblast as part of its core rotation.
    Cool, now lets see those movement sims. Not sure what your list has to do with 3.5s hardcast pyros but lets just see those sims.
    Where are they.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, now lets see those movement sims. Not sure what your list has to do with 3.5s hardcast pyros but lets just see those sims.
    Where are they.
    You are more than welcome to run them too. You dont have a leg to stand on with this "discussion" if you need the other side to show the data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have one kill.

Where are they.
    SimC is open source. Feel free to put some movement sims together and contribute in a meaningful way. Until then you're welcome to continue being worthless.

Most interested in Bracers/Helm for progression. Ring might be good, but relies on having long burn phases you care about, or lusting on the pull to be useful. Bracers/Helm I think would be more consistent gains.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2016-08-28 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    SimC is open source. Feel free to put some movement sims together and contribute in a meaningful way. Until then you're welcome to continue being worthless.
    So what exactly are you basing your assumptions on? Zero movement, zero add waves sims because nothing else is available? You realize this has close to zero relation to actual encounters in legion?

I will sim the encounters when I am actually progressing them. That's the thing about sims - you have to sim your gear, your expected kill time and fight setup for it to be worth anything. But you don't seem to understand that.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2016-08-28 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Shangalar can come and clean up the thread by banning stevenho and deleting all these irrelevant posts because the discussion is going nowhere with this stubborn arrogant prick.

So what exactly are you basing your assumptions on? Zero movement, zero add waves sims because nothing else is available? You realize this has close to zero relation to actual encounters in legion?

I will sim the encounters when I am actually progressing them. That's the thing about sims - you have to sim your gear, your expected kill time and fight setup for it to be worth anything. But you don't seem to understand that.
    I've already listed many resources available to counter these kinds of mechanics (even left one out), and minimize their effect on the sim environment for Mages. I'm sorry you cannot take advantage of these tools effectively, but this has nothing to do the with fidelity of the sim or the data.

Again, you can try doing something useful, or continue with old and tired arguments.