Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Kaepernick is a shitheel, and BLM is a farce, but I don't think his argument is necessarily "look what those people did to me", but rather "look what those people did to other people". You can stand up (or sit, in this case) for someone other than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by aerosyne View Post

It's okay to be jealous of how crazy good our national anthem is, man. Just own up to it; there's no need to hide behind low-grade pot shots.
    It's actually a song for drunk Brits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's only disrespectful to the country itself, and the reason he clearly described; that country's failures to address issues with systemic racism. Which is certainly reason to choose to not show respect to that country, in protest.

The only people such a peaceful protest could "push away" are blind nationalists who would never be convinced by any argument or evidence against their nation in the first place.
    Yeah, I'm not pushed away from BLM because of peaceful protests. I'm against BLM because of the countless examples of blatant racism and violence from them. And any time this common occurrence takes place, of course people argue that BLM isn't a specific movement with organization. Perhaps not, but very many who claim to represent "BLM" are burning down business and looting, or excluding white reporters from their meetings, getting physical.

Oh, and the biggest disrespect to the anthem is not somebody refusing to stand for it, it's when the NFL and other leagues hire out braindead Pop Idol rejects to sing the song and they can't fucking do it without embellishing the shit out of it to add their own "flavor". I'd rather have all the pomp and circumstance removed entirely and just get on with the game.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2016-08-27 at 10:16 PM.

Colin who? I've never heard of her.

Hell yea. He is 100% right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    It's all a ploy. Him sitting down is him preparing for what he's going to do all season when he's benched for Blaine Gabbert.
    Oh snap!!!!

BTW did you hear about that job offer yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Hell yea. He is 100% right.
    No, the vast majority of Americans have never oppressed a black or colored person.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh snap!!!!

BTW did you hear about that job offer yet?
    Not a damn thing.

THey calling me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Colin who? I've never heard of her.
    He was a good NFL QB when he had one of the best o lines and receiving corps at his disposal. He went to shit after one year of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I don't really care about this "issue" at all, but it amuses me that the majority of people who can't stop crying about perceived "disrespect" towards the flag/anthem/etc. are whiny entitled vets like Tony who can't deal with the fact that things like the flag and anthem are symbols and thus regularly used in protests, and take any such protests as personal affronts. They constantly bitch about how much they sacrificed to give people at home the freedom to engage in methods of protest the vets don't like, then bitch when American citizens actually engage in those methods of protest.

Also, modern vets are hilarious for another reason: they voluntarily signed up to go fight in meaningless conflicts like the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, but think that they're the "Greatest Generation" storming the beaches of Normandy in wars that actually mattered. You didn't get drafted, you chose the military because it was a job you were interested in. Get over yourselves. And the whole "AMG WE'RE FIGHTING FOR YOUR FREEDOMS!!1111oneone" No. No you're not.
    Awww you mentioned me by name, I got a tingle in my leg, thanks!!!

Obviously you are unfamiliar with how the first amendment works, let me school ya up some.

So, yes he has the freedom to be a dickwad and not respect the national anthem. that's his right.

I also have freedom of speech, which means I can call him out on it, and use my freedom of speech and association to let his employers know that I will not watch their games or patronize businesses that advertise during his games.

The rest of your post is just mindless whining and not worthy of response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Not a damn thing.

THey calling me?

- - - Updated - - -

He was a good NFL QB when he had one of the best o lines and receiving corps at his disposal. He went to shit after one year of popularity.
    usually you will get a e-mail first. If you don't hear anything by Monday ill get you sent another referral e-mail. It happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No, the vast majority of Americans have never oppressed a black or colored person.
    The US has oppressed minorities, and arguably still do.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I agree with his reasoning.
    There are SO MANY issues right now here in the US that both the majority of the people, and our government refuse to address. I love my country, and I WANT to be proud of it, but how CAN I be proud of it?
    The position of government has been corrupted so thoroughly that there is almost no way for us as a people to fix it, and because we allowed this to happen, everything done by our government is done in our names, whether we agree with it or not.
    We have convinced ourselves that if we believe hard enough in the idea that 'a government's first role is to protect it's citizens', then that government can't possibly be the thing that we need to save ourselves from, so we blindly follow down this dark path.
    We are so filled with hate, and violence that we don't even flinch when it is staring us in the face, we just grab some popcorn and turn it into entertainment.

People ARE being oppressed, but it isn't an issue of WHO is being oppressed, because we all are. It is a question of who is doing the oppressing, and why we allow it to continue. Which is why I agree with his reasoning, I just disagree with his message.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Awww you mentioned me by name, I got a tingle in my leg, thanks!!!

Obviously you are unfamiliar with how the first amendment works, let me school ya up some.

So, yes he has the freedom to be a dickwad and not respect the national anthem. that's his right.

I also have freedom of speech, which means I can call him out on it, and use my freedom of speech and association to let his employers know that I will not watch their games or patronize businesses that advertise during his games.

The rest of your post is just mindless whining and not worthy of response.

- - - Updated - - -

usually you will get a e-mail first. If you don't hear anything by Monday ill get you sent another referral e-mail. It happens sometimes.
    I wonder if they're deferred by the fact that I live in corn fed bum fuck Iowa.

We'll see.

The sooner I know something the better. It's going to take a fuckton of planning for me to fly down for an interview and then relocate if it comes to that

I don't have a problem with it but he should do it after he has played better instead of doing this and then stinking it up on the field.
    These guys medaled. That's why we remember what they did. Anyone remember who Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf is?

7+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of people and organizations in the US have never oppressed a minority, thus saying all of America is oppressive is painting with far too broad of a brush.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of people and organizations in the US have never oppressed a minority, thus saying all of America is oppressive is painting with far too broad of a brush.
    Why does this sound so familiar?

I'm not saying that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that.
    Okay, so you understand the vast majority of people and organizations in the US do not oppress minorities?
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-27 at 11:09 PM.

I'm not saying that.

You didn't say anything but that.

Oh wait. Is this like blaming white people for everything wrong and then playing dumb about it?

It's a song, it's a flag...get over it ;P
    And people wonder why the world is such a shithole, people care more about their feelings for silly objects than the actual people living in the country those objects represent ;P