Late to the parade, how do the mythic+ dungeons work?

When are mythic+ dungeons released and how does one obtain the keystone for it? Also is it true when they say that it will be an alternative to raiding? Does that mean that it can drop the same ilvl gear with different difficulties of raids? Can it truly be an alternative to raiding in that one can obtain a high ilvl solely from mythic dungeons, allowing them to obtain gear and ilvl to play even at mythic raiding difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    When are mythic+ dungeons released and how does one obtain the keystone for it? Also is it true when they say that it will be an alternative to raiding? Does that mean that it can drop the same ilvl gear with different difficulties of raids? Can it truly be an alternative to raiding in that one can obtain a high ilvl solely from mythic dungeons, allowing them to obtain gear and ilvl to play even at mythic raiding difficulty?
    You can get a keystone once a week from doing mythic dungeons (I believe? not sure on this part).
    Once you have it you can use it to start a mythic+ dungeon, which dungeon is randomly determined. Every time you complete the dungeon in time the keystone will be upgraded. +1 or more levels depending on how much time you had left and a new random mythic dungeon is selected as the next.

You get loot every time you successfully complete on time. (again depending on time you get more, there is no point in slowrolling a keystone)
    If you fail you cant get loot anymore but you can retry the dungeon you failed as many times as you want and if you succeed it will become active again.

Loot ilvl scales up to Heroic raid level

Note that only 1 person out of 5 uses a keystone and there is no limit to how many runs you can do for loot. You can run a LOT of mythic+ a week if you find enough people with a keystone.

At the start of the next week you get a chest reward based on your highest completed Mythic+ level. this can scale up to Mythic raid level.
    And you get a new keystone at 2 levels lower then your highest complete (I believe).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Keystones start dropping when the raids open.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

There's 8 Mythic Dungeons available at launch with another 2 that is unlocked by reaching 8k Honored with the Suramar Rep (Nightfallen).
    Myhic + opens second week of the expansion and you can do all of them if you find someone with the keystones.
    Each character gets 1 Keystone to a specific dungeon on their first mythic 0 run of the week, if you clear a dungeon with your Keystone it gets upgraded based on how fast you cleared.

The way keystone levels work is this:
    You start with Keystone 2- this is your first keystone.
    If you clear fast you get 3 chests and your keystone jumps up to 5. If you clear medium it jumps to 4 and if you clear slow it jumps to 3.
    You get 1 loot chest for every level you jump and you can jump a max of 3 at a time, if you fail you get 1 chest but you will not get a new keystone.

So the way this works in reality.
    You get 1 Keystone that will be yours for a week.
    You can max get 1 chest for every level, meaning you'll max get 14 chests per week if you can get all the way to 15. However it's not worth going above 10 as gear doesn't get better at higher but instead only gives you achievements.

So you got one keystone but there's also 4 other people in your group, meaning if all of you got different keystones you should get 9 pieces of loot (each) for all the 5 dungeons you clear up to +10. In other words if your group of 5 clears 5 dungeons up to +10 you'll get 45 pieces of gear per week.
    However if you have alts that get different keystones you can rotate alts and get over 60 pieces of loot without much problems.

Small notes.
    If you killed a boss on mythic +5 you cannot get loot from the same boss on mythic +5 again for that week (or lower, as I understand it).
    Heroic isn't worth doing if you got a decent premade group, mythic 0 is the new heroic mode and heroic mode is the new "normal max level" mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    The Keystones start dropping when the raids open.
    I thought it was 1 week before.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

At Mythic+10 and any higher level, completing the dungeon will reward 865 gear, and your weekly reward chest will give you 880 gear.

Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear is 880 as well.

Any gear in the game technically has a chance to proc all the way up to the global ilvl cap (which when EN is out will be 895), but higher base ilvl reduces the luck factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Myhic + opens second week of the expansion and you can do all of them if you find someone with the keystones.
    Regular base Mythic releases the second week. The first week is all heroics.

If you killed a boss on mythic +5 you cannot get loot from the same boss on mythic +5 again for that week (or lower, as I understand it).
    Mythic 0 drops items directly from bosses, but Mythic+ has a chest at the end of the dungeon with gear for completing the entire thing, not individual boss drops.

This I believe is not true. They mentioned it as a possibility on an interview with Slootbag if they wanted to adjust the loot but at the moment you can get infinite loot from Mythic+.
    (assuming you can keep finding someone with a keystone).

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    At Mythic+10 and any higher level, completing the dungeon will reward 865 gear, and your weekly reward chest will give you 880 gear.

Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear is 880 as well.

Any gear in the game technically has a chance to proc all the way up to the global ilvl cap (which when EN is out will be 895), but higher base ilvl reduces the luck factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Regular base Mythic releases the second week. The first week is all heroics.

Mythic 0 drops items directly from bosses, but Mythic+ has a chest at the end of the dungeon with gear for completing the entire thing, not individual boss drops.
    Yes meaning that if you cleared a mythic +5 Arcway once and got loot for it you can't get loot from doing another mythic +5 Arcway for the same reset. You can however get from Mythic +6 and over. That's what I understand and anything else would be retarded...

Like one of the strongest trinkets pre raid is from Halls of Valor, if you can run Halls of Valor mythic+ over and over I would advertise that my guild is looking for people with that keystone and pay them for the keystone. Thus increasing the chances for the trinket.

I figure I'd slide this question in here that I've been wondering about.

For the weekly reset, do you only get loot for your highest mythic+ cleared (I guess this is called the Order Hall Box)? Or can you get multiple weekly loot boxes. Just wanted to verify that aiming for at least one +10 run a week is the minimum (or maximum I guess) for the 880 loot chests

Yes meaning that if you cleared a mythic +5 Arcway once and got loot for it you can't get loot from doing another mythic +5 Arcway for the same reset. You can however get from Mythic +6 and over. That's what I understand and anything else would be retarded...
    I thought keystones were seen like unique raid ID's, as long as you use a fresh keystone you get a loot box at the end.
    Last edited by moiasrt; 2016-08-27 at 11:06 PM.

does keystone stack? or at the end of the week the unused one got removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by moiasrt View Post

For the weekly reset, do you only get loot for your highest mythic+ cleared (I guess this is called the Order Hall Box)? Or can you get multiple weekly loot boxes. Just wanted to verify that aiming for at least one +10 run a week is the minimum (or maximum I guess) for the 880 loot chests
    Yes, the chest is 1 per week only.
    If your only looking for the mythic raid ilvl loot a single +10 run per week is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by moiasrt View Post

You get one reward chest per week based on how well you did the previous week.

The reward chests are always 15 ilvls higher than what the dungeons give you directly, not including titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    does keystone stack? or at the end of the week the unused one got removed?
    I believe they all get removed at the end of the week and you get a new one with your highest level -2 but I am not sure on this part.

- - - Updated - - -

Like one of the strongest trinkets pre raid is from Halls of Valor, if you can run Halls of Valor mythic+ over and over I would advertise that my guild is looking for people with that keystone and pay them for the keystone. Thus increasing the chances for the trinket.
    Yes, so long we you find people with a +5 Arcway keystone you can run it infinitely and get loot every time.

I say again, Mythic + gives infinite loot so long as you can find keystones.
    That is why it was asked if they would cap it by the community (via Slootbag) and they said they would monitor it but they are fine with the current infinite loot.

Edit:
    The whole point is that no matter when you log in, no matter how many runs people have already done. You can find others willing to do the dungeon because it will give loot.

This isnot true, no matter if you did the dungeon in that difficulty that week, you get loot anytime that you clean a dungeon with a non-depleted keystone

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    This isnot true, no matter if you did the dungeon in that difficulty that week, you get loot anytime that you clean a dungeon with a non-depleted keystone
    Well that sucks... mythic + dungeons will be grinded so hard...

It is the new alternative to split raids.

What sucks is, some classes/specs will have trouble pugging Mythic+ because of bad word of mouth about their specs and shammys/mages will almost always get a spot because of Hero.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    What sucks is, some classes/specs will have trouble pugging Mythic+ because of bad word of mouth about their specs and shammys/mages will almost always get a spot because of Hero.
    Drums still work don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Drums still work don't they?
    AFAIK they do but are 25% vs the normal 30%

We will have to wait and see how things play out.

well, is better than dont have something to do outside raids like WOD