Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You didn't say anything but that.

Oh wait. Is this like blaming white people for everything wrong and then playing dumb about it?
    I never said all, read please. Saying oppression existed or exists, isn't blaming white people for everything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Okay, so you understand the vast majority of people and organizations in the US do not oppress minorities?
    It still happens, fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've spoken out against those issues myself a fair bit. I certainly wouldn't have any issue with someone choosing to remain seated for the Canadian anthem, but then, we're not nearly as nationalist as Americans seem to be, up here.
    Yup. Canadians don't have this nationalistic superiority complex. Just ask one and he'll tell you all about it... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I never said all, read please. Saying oppression existed or exists, isn't blaming white people for everything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

It still happens, fact.
    The US is a wide, nebulous group of people, not just this illuminati of people urinating on blacks I've heard about from dropouts since the 90s.

The vast majority of people and organizations in the US have never oppressed a minority, thus saying all of America is oppressive is painting with far too broad of a brush.
    "The US" is a government. That's not the same as saying any given person has done a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    It's a song, it's a flag...get over it ;P
    And people wonder why the world is such a shithole, people care more about their feelings for silly objects than the actual people living in the country those objects represent ;P
    He made poor overgeneralized points so he needs to be criticized.

Also, the world isn't a shithole, your probably projecting your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I wonder if they're deferred by the fact that I live in corn fed bum fuck Iowa.

We'll see.

The sooner I know something the better. It's going to take a fuckton of planning for me to fly down for an interview and then relocate if it comes to that
    most external hires are done exclusively over the phone, if it is a PA level position, which I think yours is.

He made poor overgeneralized points so he needs to be criticized.

Also, the world isn't a shithole, your probably projecting your own life.
    no, I live in the US , Vegas to be precise. The world is a shithole at this point in time for a vast majority, just not me and my family luckily :P

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    It's a song, it's a flag...get over it ;P
    And people wonder why the world is such a shithole, people care more about their feelings for silly objects than the actual people living in the country those objects represent ;P
    You can't care about both?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "The US" is a government. That's not the same as saying any given person has done a thing.
    Then how do you dissect blaming the white man?

Then how do you dissect blaming the white man?
    Never said that.

The US is a wide, nebulous group of people, not just this illuminati of people urinating on blacks I've heard about from dropouts since the 90s.
    That is why I don't understand, why minorities still face some oppression. I would call you out on your bs, but I would be infracted. You know what I'm talking about, thomas.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh god, the typical crowd being triggered again because someone uses his freedom.

I like how he is standing up for people by not standing up
    I like how it makes him look good as he sits forever for being mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the black millionaire about a nation with a black president...

Never said that.
    That's a classic argument alongside the country is to blame. And so I wonder how you explain blaming white people away in a similar fashion.

This is a strawman concern unless you can point it to a specific person who actually said his behavior should be banned by law. The real issue is regarding why he did it and his explanation.
    I never said that anyone said his behavior should be banned, I said that I hear whiny vets like Tony cry every time someone uses their first amendment rights in a way that uses American symbols like the flag or anthem in a way that the vets don't like, despite the fact that vets will always be the first to remind you that they're "fighting for your freedoms" to protest in such a way. Reminds me of the angry vets who responded to that college basketball player back in '03. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/26/sp...ides-fans.html When called out on their hypocrisy, they'll basically do what Tony did in his response to me, which is to condescendingly lecture you while ignoring the majority of your argument.

My second paragraph in my original post was kind of an unconnected rant based on my overall experience with entitled and whiny veterans of modern conflicts.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm also saying that about each aspect of the US. The people, the private organizations, the government as well. The vast majority of every part does not discriminate nor oppress minorities.

That's a classic argument alongside the country is to blame. And so I wonder how you explain blaming white people away in a similar fashion.
    You just assume when we point things out, we are blaming someone.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hes hit a rough patch for sure. He was amazing for about a year or so, almost won a Super Bowl.
    With one of the best o-lines and TE/WR combos at his disposal.

He didn't play an actual defense in the postseason until he met Baltimore in the SB that year.

Sounds like a dick.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    That is why I don't understand, why minorities still face some oppression. I would call you out on your bs, but I would be infracted. You know what I'm talking about, thomas.
    You don't understand because it is trumped up noise. Usually by people that couldn't even know what that word looks like.