Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I like how the first paragraph talks about how the rules were struck down in a Supreme Court decision.
    I was just talking about the history, and how ridiculous rules/guidelines for something like flag handling/hanging/etc. were ever worried about to begin with. It's a flag, who cares if it's left out in the rain or not lit at night? One of the reasons I don't bother flying a flag myself at all is because of how uptight "patriots" get about meaningless shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You just assume when we point things out, we are blaming someone.
    So, he or people like Lebron aren't blaming people? What are they blaming then? The literal land?

Good for him. Kaepernick's reasoning is sound and good on the NFL for respecting his views.

I wonder what would happen if we just made up some stuff and repeated it a bunch of times. Surely the public wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for that, right? Right....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Good for him. Kaepernick's reasoning is sound and good on the NFL for respecting his views.
    Grossly overgeneralizing is not sound reasoning.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a hollow gesture on his part. Way to "man up" for your cause there Kaep.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-08-27 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    He does have a charity that does a lot of good, who know what he is doing behind the scenes with this issue.
    Nothing, more than likely. That doesn't generate buzz like talking about being oppressed while living better than a lot of the supposed oppressors.

Not so sure about his reasoning, but he is free to remain seated during the national anthem. People bitching about it only makes his "protest" stronger.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    He does have a charity that does a lot of good, who know what he is doing behind the scenes with this issue.
    Which has much more potential for doing something good. Considering the potential he has to affect change, the "sitting down" gesture is a joke.

Kanye did it better.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What a hollow gesture on his part. Way to "man up" for your cause there Kaep.
    He is standing up by sitting down. I wonder if that is lost on him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not so sure about his reasoning, but he is free to remain seated during the national anthem. People bitching about it only makes his "protest" stronger.
    False, strength comes from the merit of an argument, not bitching. His points rely on over generalizing a large group of people and he gives no specific solutions that will solve his perceived issue of oppression.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-27 at 11:53 PM.

Breaking news: Irrelevant quadroon goes political so people remember he exists. More at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I'm also saying that about each aspect of the US. The people, the private organizations, the government as well. The vast majority of every part does not discriminate nor oppress minorities.
    Are you saying we can't blame government policies on the government because not every part of the government engages in that policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I wonder what would happen if we just made up some stuff and repeated it a bunch of times. Surely the public wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for that, right? Right....
    It's not made up stuff though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are you saying we can't blame government policies on the government because not every part of the government engages in that policy?
    You're getting off topic, but yes you may blame government policy on those specific departments and government workers that are responsible. The government is not oppressing minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Which government policies are either you or him talking about? Please, go into great detail what policy is doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You're getting off topic, but yes you may blame government policy on those responsible. The government is not oppressing minorities.
    You know by this argument we couldn't call the North Korean government murderous because not every agency in their government is murdering people right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It's not made up stuff though...
    In 2015, there were (est.) 42,000,000 blacks in this country. That same year, police killed 300 nationwide, primarily armed and attacking (shooting at the cops) or accidental (high on cocaine/meth and getting tazed.) That equates to 0.7 per 100,000 (or 7 per 1,000,000.) It seems, at least to me, the 'open season on black men' narrative the left has been pushing for years is completely made up. Michael Brown wasn't on his knees and he didn't have his hands in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-4 View Post
    In 2015, there were (est.) 42,000,000 blacks in this country. That same year, police killed 300 nationwide, primarily armed and attacking (shooting at the cops) or accidental (high on cocaine/meth and getting tazed.) That equates to 0.7 per 100,000 (or 7 per 1,000,000.) It seems, at least to me, the 'open season on black men' narrative the left has been pushing for years is completely made up. Michael Brown wasn't on his knees and he didn't have his hands in the air.
    Focusing solely on killings certainly is a good way to minimize brutality.