Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    False, strength comes from the merit of an argument, not bitching. His points rely on over generalizing a large group of people and he gives no specific solutions that will solve his perceived issue of oppression.
    Unless there is 0 truth in what he is saying, his argument has merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn't realize the flag code superceeded the first amendment...
    So if I was making use of free speech by murdering someone it's ok? Yeah no. Granted extreme example, but breaking the law for free speech doesn't make you not wrong for doing so.

what a stupid cunt. i really hate these people, that see these "offenses" and "oppression" everywhere.

they should be taken and shown what oppression is.

pathetic filth, having the nerve to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's only disrespectful to the country itself, and the reason he clearly described; that country's failures to address issues with systemic racism. Which is certainly reason to choose to not show respect to that country, in protest.

The only people such a peaceful protest could "push away" are blind nationalists who would never be convinced by any argument or evidence against their nation in the first place.
    system racism doesnt exist, it is a ploy by one group to gain power over another
    he has never experienced anything but a charmed life

this is, LIKE ALWAYS an attack on white america
    after 40 years of preferential treatment, i think its clear that there will never be enough effort or treasure spent.
    appeasement is impossible and its time to stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    what a stupid cunt. i really hate these people, that see these "offenses" and "oppression" everywhere.

they should be taken and shown what oppression is.

pathetic filth, having the nerve to be this way.
    Between the two of you one of you is clearly having a tougher emotional time with other people having opinions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know by this argument we couldn't call the North Korean government murderous because not every agency in their government is murdering people right?
    No you can't blame everything under that umbrella when only the decision makers can be held responsible for those murders.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    after 40 years of preferential treatment
    When did this start?

Between the two of you one of you is clearly having a tougher emotional time with other people having opinions.
    You seem to have a tough time accepting other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No you can't blame everything under that umbrella when only the decision makers can be held responsible for those murders.
    You heard it here folks. North Korea's government doesn't murder people, the Saudi government is fine towards women, and China has no problem with dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    system racism doesnt exist, it is a ploy by one group to gain power over another
    he has never experienced anything but a charmed life

this is, LIKE ALWAYS an attack on white america
    after 40 years of preferential treatment, i think its clear that there will never be enough effort or treasure spent.
    appeasement is impossible and its time to stop trying
    Too obvious man.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

When did this start?
    40 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This doesn't even make sense as a response to the quoted post. Maybe you meant to quote the guy who wrote "pathetic filth, having the nerve to be this way."?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    40 years ago?
    Yeah, not sure what changed 40 years ago that was "preferential"

Like you? And everyone else, mad as fuck, crying on the internet? lol

You heard it here folks. North Korea's government doesn't murder people, the Saudi government is fine towards women, and China has no problem with dissent.
    Okay. So you ARE just blaming the country wholesale. Got it.

Focusing solely on killings certainly is a good way to minimize brutality.
    There are more than 900,000 police officers in this country. There are also more than 320,000,000 people.

According to a report by the DoJ, roughly 17% of people interact with police on a yearly basis. That's more than 54,000,000 interactions. In 2002, the DoJ reported there were approximately 25,000 claims of police misconduct with only 2,000 having any merit. For this next bit, we're going to have make a few assumptions. We'll assume a similar rate of police brutality complaints and a similar rate of cases found to have any merit.

2,000 / 54,000,000 x 100,000 = 3.7 per 100,000 of police interactions, or 0.004%

Next, let's make the assumption that all 2,000 cases of police brutality found to have any merit were solely committed against black people.

2,000 / 42,000,000 x 100,000 = 4.8 per 100,000 of police interactions, or 0.005%

Like I said, the 'open season on black men' narrative is complete horseshit. It's easily laughed away by anybody who takes time to investigate and look at the facts rather than blindly believing what they've been told by MSNBC or John Oliver.

Edit: Here are my sources;

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp08.pdf

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/n...gs-us-database

https://web.archive.org/web/20070808...ract/ccpuf.htm
    Last edited by 7-4; 2016-08-28 at 12:22 AM.

Okay. So you ARE just blaming the country wholesale. Got it.
    Their governments. Do follow along honey.

7+ Year Old Account
    North Korea's government doesn't murder people
    I understand that government agents do occasionally kill people, however the vast majority of the North Korean government departments and workers do not murder people. The blame lies on the executive decision maker and/or the physical murderer.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-28 at 12:17 AM.

This doesn't even make sense as a response to the quoted post. Maybe you meant to quote the guy who wrote "pathetic filth, having the nerve to be this way."?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, not sure what changed 40 years ago that was "preferential"
    That's not his opinion? You can think it's garbage just like I think an overpayed clown on an NFL team has a garbage opinion. If that means not accepting it, you are just as guilty.

- - - Updated - - -

Their governments. Do follow along honey.
    You still haven't told me what policy it is, sweetheart. Almost like it's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-4 View Post
    There are more than 900,000 police officers in this country. There are also more than 320,000,000 people.

According to a report by the DoJ, roughly 17% of people interact with police on a yearly basis. That's more than 54,000,000 interactions. In 2002, the DoJ reported there were approximately 25,000 claims of police misconduct with only 2,000 having any merit. For this next bit, we're going to have make a few assumptions. We'll assume a similar rate of police brutality complaints and a similar rate of cases found to have any merit.

2,000 / 54,000,000 x 100,000 = 3.7 per 100,000 of police interactions, or 0.004%

Next, let's make the assumption that all 2,000 cases of police brutality found to have any merit were solely committed against black people.

2,000 / 42,000,000 x 100,000 = 4.8 per 100,000 of police interactions, or 0.005%

Like I said, the 'open season on black men' narrative is complete horseshit. It's easily laughed away by anybody who takes time to investigate and look at the facts rather than blindly believing what they've been told by MSNBC or John Oliver.
    You're basing this math off of numbers that even law enforcement will tell you are unreliable at best. We don't really know for sure how many people are shot and killed. We don't really know for sure how many "interactions" there are. Or how many complaints. Or how many are valid etc etc.

The lack of transparency and record keeping is one of the biggest complaints among those who want reform.

What we do know though from the data is that minorities are far more likely to feel the boot.

If I ever see the word systemic I tend to doubt the credibility of the one utilizing it. Statistics and information will squelch the BLM movement in due time.