Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healthstones vs. health potions in Legion

Hey all,

Does anyone know how healthstones stack up against potions in Legion? Still inferior?

The Affliction Artifact talent 'Sweet Souls' got me thinking about it. In particular the part 'Any party or raid member using a Healthstone also heals you for the amount they were healed.' Doesn't help much if everyone is going to use potions instead!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Hey all,

Does anyone know how healthstones stack up against potions in Legion? Still inferior?

The Affliction Artifact talent 'Sweet Souls' got me thinking about it. In particular the part 'Any party or raid member using a Healthstone also heals you for the amount they were healed.' Doesn't help much if everyone is going to use potions instead!
    Still inferior. 440k vs 480k, I think. And yeah, it is kinda ridicoulus. I doubt people would be fine with drums of rage providing 30% haste while bloodlust / heroism provided 20-25%.

As far as I know Healthstones will still heal for less (kinda dumb that they do IMO) but potions will not be as plentiful in legion. So it might be more appealing to use them to save on raid costs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    As far as I know Healthstones will still heal for less (kinda dumb that they do IMO) but potions will not be as plentiful in legion. So it might be more appealing to use them to save on raid costs.
    Agreed, but on the plus side, it's very handy in battlegrounds.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

This seems so poorly thought out. I can't think of any recent raid I've done where they've ever allowed healthstones, its always been potions. In mythics people are going to be using potions too unless its a pug maybe but it seems like a complete waste of a slot that could have been used for something far more useful IMO.

Meh, not surprised. I suppose the talent will at least make it so the healthstone heals you more than a potion. But I feel like that at a minimum it healing the 'lock more than a potion (even if it doesn't impact the rest of the group) should be baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    This seems so poorly thought out. I can't think of any recent raid I've done where they've ever allowed healthstones, its always been potions. In mythics people are going to be using potions too unless its a pug maybe but it seems like a complete waste of a slot that could have been used for something far more useful IMO.
    At least it's not as bad as Destruction's Devourer of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    At least it's not as bad as Destruction's Devourer of Life.
    Drain life as destruction doesn't make a lot of sense

7+ Year Old Account
    IF you're affliction healthstones I believe are the superior choice. Their artifact line has something that increases healthstone healing and when others use them you get healed for that amount.

Meh, not surprised. I suppose the talent will at least make it so the healthstone heals you more than a potion. But I feel like that at a minimum it healing the 'lock more than a potion (even if it doesn't impact the rest of the group) should be baseline.
    Healthstones heal warlocks for more than 50% health with the bonuses.

Deleted
    I doubt progression raids will view sacrificing every else's potential heals to boost their solitary raid summon bitch, I mean warlock, heals via healthstones as positive

I agree it is pretty lame that health stones are worse

At least they seem to have separate cooldowns now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wait what thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Really ? I didn't even try it, since no patchnote mentioned it afaik. That would be great, both from an utility point of vue, and for the affli artifact talent this topic discussed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Really ? I didn't even try it, since no patchnote mentioned it afaik. That would be great, both from an utility point of vue, and for the affli artifact talent this topic discussed.
    They don't have seperate cooldowns.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=5512/hea...hared-cooldown

Healthstones heal slightly less, for no real reason. Warlocks suffer a lot from that in Legion, things being the way they are for no real reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    They don't have seperate cooldowns.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=5512/hea...hared-cooldown

Healthstones heal slightly less, for no real reason. Warlocks suffer a lot from that in Legion, things being the way they are for no real reason.
    Btw, there is no new tonic in Legion and Hs is on shared cooldown only with the new Healing potions if I see it correctly, which means if you use HP potion u cant use dps potions, but if you use HS u can still use DPS potions, if I am right, everyone going to use HS in raids instead HP potion for sure! Can any1 confirm my theory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by czegee View Post
    Btw, there is no new tonic in Legion and Hs is on shared cooldown only with the new Healing potions if I see it correctly, which means if you use HP potion u cant use dps potions, but if you use HS u can still use DPS potions, if I am right, everyone going to use HS in raids instead HP potion for sure! Can any1 confirm my theory?
    Ancient healing potion (The new tonic) doesn't list any shared cd with the DPS potions either, so if healthstone doesn't share cd with DPS potions, ancient healing potion won't either. Was a nice thought though

There is a new tonic, it's called "Ancient Healing Potion" and is crafted by alchemists.

edit : took too much time to verify info before posting ^^'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Ancient healing potion (The new tonic) doesn't list any shared cd with the DPS potions either, so if healthstone doesn't share cd with DPS potions, ancient healing potion won't either. Was a nice thought though
    Damn, kinda weird that Ancient healing potion doesnt share cooldown with dps potion cause tonics were First aid stuff, I thought potion=potion but it isnt Sorry for wasting your time and thx for info! TL;DR our HS is still shit :=(