Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Would that be the same Wow Census that says they haven't seen any of my toon since May? Would that be the same Wow Census that has failed to notice any of my 18+ toons that I log in at least every other days? THAT Wow Census?

Sorry, even if its the only people ESTIMATING the population it doesnt' fucking count if they have it FUCKING WRONG.
    Your 18 characters aren't real other players so it looks like it's working to screen them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Your 18 characters aren't real other players so it looks like it's working to screen them out.
    Point is, if they aren't being seen for whatever reason then their estimation of how many people are playing can be justifiably questioned.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    WoW Census. I know what you're going to say but consider that there isn't any other souce for subscriber numbers. So 3.2 million it is.
    so because there is no official source we should trust any other source?

my sources say the population if 50 million, you cant prove me wrong so, get wrecked

the final two quarters we had that they showed us the sub numbers where

5.7 mil
    and
    5.6 mil...
    and legion was announced in the very end of that second one
    so i doubt it whent "oh lets drop 2.4 million in the next few months, even though the pre-event and legion is looking good"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Point is, if they aren't being seen for whatever reason then their estimation of how many people are playing can be justifiably questioned.
    Or maybe it screens them out to give a more realistic account of the number of people playing instead of flicking through alts.

There is literally no situation in where you "need" a characters faction, race, or server changed. You want that stuff, but that doesn't mean they need to give it to you or owe you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Or maybe it screens them out to give a more realistic account of the number of people playing instead of flicking through alts.
    If that's what you have to tell yourself in order to do the mental gymnastics necessary to believe their numbers... of which I dont... but then again, I dont care what the numbers are... I'll play until its no longer enjoyable then I'll stop and do something else.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are wrong then they aren't really an alternative. Besides, why should anyone accept your opinion of the game's 'health' as fact? And exactly how does that relate to OP's situation?
    It isn't fact, but best estimate as I can find. It relates because it can effect the health of the game. I'm trying to find current numbers, but as you said the information I have isn't accurate. How many players that stopped playing because the hurdles to get what they want is too much? How many players had to compromise their WoW play style to work around the pricing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so because there is no official source we should trust any other source?

my sources say the population if 50 million, you cant prove me wrong so, get wrecked

the final two quarters we had that they showed us the sub numbers where

5.7 mil
    and
    5.6 mil...
    and legion was announced in the very end of that second one
    so i doubt it whent "oh lets drop 2.4 million in the next few months, even though the pre-event and legion is looking good"
    Your source is based on nothing. WoW census puts some effort into their numbers. Sub numbers don't reflect active players, which WoW census is estimating. It's hard to get accurate numbers when Blizzard said fuck it, get wrecked son. Cause Blizzards subscriptions were dropping faster than Donald Trumps approval ratings.

Tell them you are retarded and mildly autistic and need supervision to play wow and that your parents had to hire a new caretaker who is unfortunately on the other faction you want to change to. If they ask for proof show them a screen shot of you posting this thread on mmo champion instead of the official forums.

I know it isn't a perfect solution, just offering this bit of advice.
    I'm sure someone else has mentioned this, but if you submit a ticket explaining the desire to mass-purchase character services, you can usually earn a discount of some sort.

I've done it before when faction changing 4 characters. Changed 3 and got one for free. Another friend had a similar thing happen for him as well. Depending on how you present it, you can sometimes get more or less off of the total.

I do believe the character services are somewhat expensive though. Some other MMOs blew me away with how cheap their own services were.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It isn't fact, but best estimate as I can find. It relates because it can effect the health of the game. I'm trying to find current numbers, but as you said the information I have isn't accurate. How many players that stopped playing because the hurdles to get what they want is too much? How many players had to compromise their WoW play style to work around the pricing?

- - - Updated - - -

Your source is based on nothing. WoW census puts some effort into their numbers. Sub numbers don't reflect active players, which WoW census is estimating. It's hard to get accurate numbers when Blizzard said fuck it, get wrecked son. Cause Blizzards subscriptions were dropping faster than Donald Trumps approval ratings.
    i whent to a zone and i saw like 100 people, so if there is 100 servers, and like 300 zones then there ya go, there is where my numbers come from, about the same as wow census

Deleted
    i whent to a zone and i saw like 100 people, so if there is 100 servers, and like 300 zones then there ya go, there is where my numbers come from, about the same as wow census
    Pure imagination about numbers... If you were a rocket scientist, you would fail all the tests.
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-27 at 06:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    Pure imagination about numbers... If you were a rocket scientist, you would fail all the tests.
    thats the same censsu is doing though

Deleted
    thats the same censsu is doing though
    At least wow census are applying some algorithms to get the numbers and you are simply making fantasies like "Alice in Wonderland"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    They should just sell a modification day on the cash shop, where you can make unlimited changes to your characters for 24 hours, make it £40-£50 or something.
    In my opinion, this is the best proposal until now. Blizzard should set the price for 1 day of account char changes, but with a maximum of 12 changes (max nr. of chars in one realm).
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-27 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You can't start a DH on a 'new' realm. You must have a L100 character on that realm iirc.
    A level 70 character actually, and it took me about a day to get a DK from level 55 to 70 through invasions.

Seconded

Almost all my main characters are on a PvP server where the Alliance side is dead. We're talking 99.99% Horde here and almost no Alliance. It has been so much of a pain when I last played in WoD that it made me quit the game. I'm not gonna dish out 200 bucks to transfer 10 characters away from there. I started a Demon Hunter on a new realm, and I'm gonna play in Legion, but whether I'll be able to play all of my characters or not will be a deciding factor in how long I will stay subbed.

Do you want my money or not?
    Since they charge money that you are not willing to pay for this, then the answer is "not".
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    At least wow census are applying some algorithms to get the numbers and you are simply making fantasies like "Alice in Wonderland"

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion, this is the best proposal until now. Blizzard should set the price for 1 day of account char changes, but with a maximum of 12 changes (max nr. of chars in one realm).
    Algorithms? It's an addon that logs into each server and does a /who during peak hours. Then it adds those numbers up. So unless you have someone logging into every server 24/7 for a month doing head counts it's accuracy is retarded. My realm shows 563 characters. 563 HAHAHAHA. That's not even remotely close to accurate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Algorithms? It's an addon that logs into each server and does a /who during peak hours. Then it adds those numbers up. So unless you have someone logging into every server 24/7 for a month doing head counts it's accuracy is retarded. My realm shows 563 characters. 563 HAHAHAHA. That's not even remotely close to accurate.
    First, you must learn what the word "Algorithm" means, then I will explain how you are wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First part:
    You misunderstand the word "need"
    second part:
    you picked the wrong forum to write in
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    First part:
    You misunderstand the word "need"
    second part:
    you picked the wrong forum to write in
    I have to respect your opinion, but you can not change mine. I'm sorry if that hurts you!
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-28 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Since they charge money that you are not willing to pay for this, then the answer is "not".
    I don't know what you are trying to tell me, but if you are saying that they won't get any of my money anyway since I'm not willing to pay for server transfers, ask yourself this.

If you were Blizzard, which would you prefer:

1) Someone resubs for the expansion, plays for a month, then leaves out of frustration because a lot of characters are on realms that are literally unplayable --> less characters to play, less things to do, leave out of boredom

Money spent: 45€ + 13€

2) Someone resubs for the expansion, gets access to free realm transfers, plays for the full duration of the expansion --> more characters to play, stays cause there are lots of things to do

Money spent: 45€ + 312€ (24x13€)

And actually it's even more than that, if I buy the token, that is 20€ for every month played Blizzard gets.

So I ask again, Blizzard, do you want my money (or that of whoever pays for my WoW tokens, same thing) or not?

Do you get that more time played equals more money for Blizzard?