Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I hope Shangalar can come and clean up the thread by banning stevenho and deleting all these irrelevant posts because the discussion is going nowhere with this stubborn arrogant prick.
    And yet you are the one spouting profanities in every post, while sporting a legendary signature pic and one 13/13 clear to your name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I've already listed many resources available to counter these kinds of mechanics (even left one out), and minimize their effect on the sim environment for Mages. I'm sorry you cannot take advantage of these tools effectively, but this has nothing to do the with fidelity of the sim or the data.

Again, you can try doing something useful, or continue with old and tired arguments.
    Cool, so its "your sims" that have zero to do with any actual encounter vs my beta logs that are anecdotal.
    You win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    And yet you are the one spuouting profanities in every post, while sporting a legendary signature pic and 1 13/13 clear
    I do not have 1 kill, do you have reading problems? I'm actually wondering if you're just a troll that started posting just to piss people off?

And yet you are the one spouting profanities in every post, while sporting a legendary signature pic and one 13/13 clear to your name

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, so its "your sims" that have zero to do with any actual encounter vs my beta logs that are anecdotal.
    You win?
    Those beta logs you have yet to share....so they are not really a good source for us right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Those beta logs you have yet to share....so they are not really a good source for us right now.
    There is no point in sharing them, since as I said they are anecdotal.
    No amount of simming or log pasting will "prove" anything here. The proof will come with live logs. I'm pretty confident ring will be the go-to on progress due to various DPS checks. It will be even stronger after progress is done.

No amount of simming or log pasting will "prove" anything here. The proof will come with live logs. I'm pretty confident ring will be the go-to on progress due to various DPS checks. It will be even stronger after progress is done.
    Well until then we still have it where data is still showing the bracers to be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ring will not be the go-to in progression, not by a long shot. I have only done heroic nightmare, but from my knowledge there isn't a single boss in nightmare or nighthold where you lust at pull or near pull. Bracers are better, it's just a fact at this point, if you think about it more than 1 second it's pretty clear.

For farm though yes of course the ring will be best, but nobody cares about farm, so it has no interest for progressing guilds and mages.

Well until then we still have it where data is still showing the bracers to be better.
    The "data" is sims with 0 movement, before CM hotfix. It is completely meaningless.

Deleted
    I hope they nerf all fire mage legendaries so other classes can compete.

The "data" is sims with 0 movement, before CM hotfix. It is completely meaningless.
    Has more meaning than confidence and the data still stands after the cm hotfix as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    I hope they nerf all fire mage legendaries so other classes can compete.
    Fire mage legendaries aren't stronger than other classes. Have you seen how much dps Deaht Knight's legendaries give? Or some of the really fun looking healer ones ? Fire mage as a class is in top 3 dps class, yes, but it's legendaries don't stand out particularly.

Has more meaning than confidence and the data still stands after the cm hotfix as well.
    Heh, if you want to go by "I'll stand still for 8 minutes and TURRET" simcraft approach, then go ahead man, I'm not stopping you. Hell, you might even WILL those bracers to drop
    When you test this stuff in raids, you might change your mind. Beta was good in that regard because you could just buy the legendary and go raid with it.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2016-08-28 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    except it is WITH the CM hotfix included since its updated on the 27/08 meaning they were done after the pyro bracer buff and CM hotfix but yes it is without movement but if you have trouble with movement as a fire mage then you're doing it wrong as movement have minimal impact on dps and if anything movement would have a bigger impact on the benefits on the ring, coz you can just wait with the pyro bracer proc or use ice floes where as with an extra TW, well it continues even when you move, giving you diminishing return compared to the bracers and that is if movement impacts dps. ok, lets stop feeding the troll.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-08-28 at 01:41 AM.

Does the wrist legendary have a noticeable proc animation then? Or will i have to find an addon to track it?

Heh, if you want to go by "I'll stand still for 8 minutes and TURRET" simcraft approach, then go ahead man, I'm not stopping you. Hell, you might even WILL those bracers to drop
    When you test this stuff in raids, you might change your mind. Beta was good in that regard because you could just buy the legendary and go raid with it.
    When you stop making the assumption that you were the only one in beta in this discussion you might get somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    except it is WITH the CM hotfix included since its updated on the 27/08 meaning they were done after the pyro bracer buff and CM hotfix but yes it is without movement but if you have trouble with movement as a fire mage then you're doing it wrong as movement have minimal impact on dps and if anything movement would have a bigger impact on the benefits on the ring, coz you can just wait with the pyro bracer proc or use ice floes where as with an extra TW, well it continues even when you move, giving you diminishing return compared to the bracers and that is if movement impacts dps. ok, lets stop feeding the troll.
    Have you even tested those bracers on beta? They are pure cancer on mobility fights. You are scorching for 12 DPS while saving ice floes/shimmer for bracer procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Does the wrist legendary have a noticeable proc animation then? Or will i have to find an addon to track it?
    I always suggest weakauras.

When you stop making the assumption that you were the only one in beta in this discussion you might get somewhere.
    Its pretty clear you have no experience with this item in real encounters. Give us 5 more posts about how they come up ahead in zero mobility sims please.

Have you even tested those bracers on beta? They are pure cancer on mobility fights. You are scorching for 12 DPS while saving ice floes/shimmer for bracer procs.
    I think you just killed your arguement.

I think you haven't tested any legendaries in beta raids.
    Hence the clinging to sims in every post.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-08-29 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't interact with someone you feel is being continuously counterproductive for the discussion. It's pointless. It's better to pass than to say something unnecessary.

Sure, something might change in the future when more number tuning is applied, but until then the math is clear. Math that is being done by people smarter than us who develope the spec's APLs through extensive beta testing among other things. Until there's evidence pointing otherwise, there's no debate.
    My magic will tear you apart.