Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I like the new avatar, where does it come from?
    What do you like about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ok we get it, you're rich

So when are we getting married, and how soon are you dying...? Just... uh... curious.
    Considering I'm only 30, I got another 60 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah, we can fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Try fitting 150 people in your *apartment* (which is what most people in a big city have).
    You can get an outdoor venue in a private garden for less than $3k easily. You can get a very nice venue at a small/medium cidery or winery for $4-6k.

You can have an outdoor reception in a public park space for free. Or you can rent a local hall, decorate it yourself, and pay a minimal amount.

People think they have to spend shitloads of money where they don't when it comes to weddings hiring wedding planners, coordinators, and spending exorbitant amounts on decorators and shit they could do themselves for a fraction of the price. People are dumb.

For that matter, cut down on your guest list and have a smaller wedding. It doesn't have to be a giant family reunion, it can just be the people that actually matter to you. People think there are all these grandiose rules they need to follow and they get sucked into having huge fancy weddings they don't even want.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, we can fix that.
    Nopenopenope.

And here I thought we had something special, after I had spent 2 months inside you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Mine was less than 200$ Just went to a judge brought my sister and her man and my mom. Who ever spends more is just insane or really into big family get togethers
    Wait what? So your wife didn't have her parents or any relatives there? Sketchyy..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you just inflicted on yourself a few hundred stalkers on these forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nopenopenope.

And here I thought we had something special, after I had spent 2 months inside you!
    Honestly, I'm surprised you survived that. Didn't get any incurable diseases or anything either!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What do you like about it?
    I like the art.

OT: Here we divide the costs of a wedding and distribute it among the wedding godparents (google translation don't kill me). For example there is a godparent to pay for the space, another for the banquet, etc.

Wait what? So your wife didn't have her parents or any relatives there? Sketchyy..
    Husband not wife and they live in another state but we did do a mock wedding thing for them. Weve been together 10 years so when we tied the knot finally a few years ago wasnt anything special or that
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Go to a JP and get it done. Then throw a party for friends/family.
    Well the Jp was an old family friend whom no one had really seen in like 20 years.

We got married at the base of Amicalola Fall in GA, and the food was catered from a near by (ish) place. So it was all pretty close for us all to get to. We both had family and friends there that we felt should be there. (I say should because my mom was really the only family between either of us we had that wasn't there.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Nothing is cheaper than nor romantic as a good ole' southern shotgun wedding!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I think most people would say they don't want only a two day honeymoon, it's true.

OT: Living in Victoria, and having friends in Toronto, this article is complete BS. You only spend $100k on a wedding if you have an uncontrollable guest list and aren't trying to not spend that kind of money. Can wedding costs get out of hand? Sure. But they can also stay very reasonable if you don't try to go all out with expensive extras.

TL;DR: People are idiots and complain when they spend money that they didn't actually have to.
    That is probably true for most people but we don't really like to go out too much as most of what we enjoy doing is gaming together anyways. Were lazy shut ins I guess lol.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto...skyrocket.html

Wow scary.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto...skyrocket.html

It's a really bad sign if your other half wants to splurge to this degree on a wedding. A good sign that they really aren't marriage material. What's up with couples wanting to spend more than a year's worth of salary on one day...
    Yeah, you can skip all the extras and get married with 150 people for under 30k easily. Ours was 20k and we got married at a relatively fancy place on the water. That included an $2.5k cake from Charm City Cakes (Ace of Cakes). We didnt skimp on dinner servings and it was open bar.

If it costs you 80 or 90k to get married, your either rich enough to where it doesn't matter, or your a total dumbass.

Edit: Wife said cake was 2.5k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Nothing is cheaper than nor romantic as a good ole' southern shotgun wedding!
    How do those work? It's not like anyone does em anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    How do those work? It's not like anyone does em anymore...
    Southern Dad: "You done seen my baby girl nekked. *pulls out gun*"
    Daughter: "No paw don't shoot him."
    Guy daughter was sleeping with (probably a cousin): "I aint seen her nekked."
    Southern Dad: "Dont make no nevermind to me. You're gettin hitched and thats that junior"

Fast forward a few hours and they are married.

Reason #678 and counting, for not getting married.

This year I went to 6 Weddings (business related obligations) thus far I spent upwards of 9000 fucking Euros on fucking wedding gifts and not even counting shit like travel costs. Like seriously. Stop fucking getting married you fuckers. Or at least stop inviting me or something.

Unfortunatly this is one of those things were people often make up their invitation lists based on the income of the invitee and the social connections tied to it. I know that's not how most people's weddings look like. But still. Fuck this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Reason #678 and counting, for not getting married.

This year I went to 6 Weddings (business related obligations) thus far I spent upwards of 9000 fucking Euros on fucking wedding gifts and not even counting shit like travel costs. Like seriously. Stop fucking getting married you fuckers. Or at least stop inviting me or something.

Unfortunatly this is one of those things were people often make up their invitation lists based on the income of the invitee and the social connections tied to it. I know that's not how most people's weddings look like. But still. Fuck this shit.
    You didn't have to go to them. You could have jus declined.

Still cheaper than the average divorce.

I wouldn't go over 20-25k to be honest.

I would rent wedding attire for Bridesmaids, Best men / Ushers , Groom. Bride can have a limit of 3k on a Dress. Have one menu - A starter, Main and Dessert. Screw the vegetarians, they can munch on handmade sandwiches.

Opt for a fully inclusive wedding package. As an example that i looked up online for a Barn venue:

Venue Type :

Civil Ceremony Licence
    Chapel on Premises
    Exclusive Use
    In the Country
    Barn

Evening Entertainment :

Evening Reception Facilities
    Dance Floor
    Entertainment License
    Live Band Facilities
    DJ Facilities
    Outdoor Fireworks Permitted

Overnight Accommodation :

Overnight Accommodation for Wedding Couple
    Overnight Accommodation for Guests

Other Features :

Confetti Permitted
    Disabled Facilities
    Car Parking
    Helipad

Dining Options :

Seated Meal Facilities
    Buffet Meal Facilities
    In House Catering
    Alcohol License

Capacity :

50 to 75 guests
    75 to 100 guests
    100 to 150 guests
    150 to 250 guests

Venue Staff Assistance :
    Wedding Coordinator
    Master of Ceremonies/ Toastmaster

All of that for £4,950.00. Proof - http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-ven...4138.htm#pos=2

Hire a top notch photographer, so that's a good wad of cash there. Probably a couple thousand.

Hire a musician, preferably a harp player over the piano. And a wedding singer - Another wad of cash spent here.

Hire transport for the guests

2k on a Cake.

Rest on small tidbits like Flowers / Decorations, invitations and light entertainment ect.

Here's two pictures of that Barn venue, not too shabby if i say so myself for under 5K. Beats a church anyway for me.