Did orcs take prisoners? Can fel disable Paladin connection with light?

I have a little problem with checking a backstory for one player in my roleplay guild. In his story, his character(a human paladin) was a member of Alliance Expedition on Draenor back in the second war. Then when he was on a scouting mission, the orcs captured him and his squad and tortured they with fel magic for few months. After that, he was released with the help of alliance forces. Beside that, the fel magic kinda blocked his paladin powers and he become a fallen paladin.

My question is, did the orcs take prisoners at all? I know about Gul'dan and his shadow council enslaving paladins and knights for their death knights raising rituals but the other orc clans seems for me that they are too proud and honorable to take captives, especially for few months. Also, does fel can really block light and disabling his powers entirely?( I do remember the broken shore scenario and Tirion death but it was near tomb of sargeras and the light was not that strong there)

Yeah I believe they did take prisoners. We do know that some how the Broken were seperated from the light just how it worked and such is unclear though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Old Horde took the occasional prisoner, but more often they simply massacred their opposition. Gul'dan also employed some form of ordinance in the form of a red mist that both blocked the Draenei defenders of Shattrath from the Light and later mutated them into the Broken. It's not known what this ordinance was, exactly; it may have been a gift from the Legion or something he concocted himself - it's relation to Fel magic isn't known, but I would assume it was likely some form of Fel and Shadow amalgamation (as Shadow is the antithesis to the Light and would probably be the most effective at blocking access to the Light).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well there was the red mist that cut off some draenei from the Light.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Well there was the red mist that cut off some draenei from the Light.
    it also mutated them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    it also mutated them.
    I haven't read the Rise of the Horde - is it explained in the book what that red mist was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I haven't read the Rise of the Horde - is it explained in the book what that red mist was?
    No, it's not. The composition or origin of the mist weapon the Horde uses in the Siege of Shattrath is a complete unknown thus far.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, it's not. The composition or origin of the mist weapon the Horde uses in the Siege of Shattrath is a complete unknown thus far.
    That's a shame...thanks for reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's possible it's the blood of Sethe. There's a draenei in Talador who says the Arakkoa used a "red mist" against his village and he lost connection with the light afterwards.
    Only speculation, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    It's possible it's the blood of Sethe. There's a draenei in Talador who says the Arakkoa used a "red mist" against his village and he lost connection with the light afterwards.
    Only speculation, as far as I know.
    That's a good theory, I didn't see or missed that quest. It makes sense, though.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

The red mist functioned in a very similar way to the Blood of Sethe so it might have been a Legion engineered version of it to affect the draenei. This would explain why orcs were unaffected and why the Legion only used it that one time.

At the broken shore Tirion gets rekt by fel magic while using his holy magic however this thing

https://i.gyazo.com/5b86964e5e736b52...9fef80745c.jpg

I assumed meant that Light/Holy and Shadow/Void were the strongest magics?

No idea tbh.. WoW lore is confusing entirely because things happen then take 4 years to explain along with a myriad of contradictions

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    At the broken shore Tirion gets rekt by fel magic while using his holy magic however this thing

No idea tbh.. WoW lore is confusing entirely because things happen then take 4 years to explain along with a myriad of contradictions
    Just means that Gul'dan and the giant fel guy are stronger than Tirion. Not that fel is stronger than the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

Tirion was pretty old, and while strong in the Light he wasn't getting any younger. Krosus simply overpowered him, it wasn't really a case of Fel > Light and more a case of Fel elemental giant thing > past-his-prime Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Red Mist was a chemical weapon designed to cut the Draenei from the Light.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The mist was a corruptive concoction that inhibited ability to call on the Light. Basically chemical warfare. (MickyNeilson)