Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That doesn't mean them being African is the cause of the issue. You could put any group that is perceptual distinguishable and is economically poorer on average to another group, European in this case, and you would get the same thing.
    I'm not sure how to explain to this to you differently. There's a well documented perceptive bias against african americans. Systemic racism doesn't have to be the result of intentional racism, cognitive bias gets the same results just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not sure how to explain to this to you differently. There's a well documented perceptive bias against african americans. Systemic racism doesn't have to be the result of intentional racism, cognitive bias gets the same results just fine.
    My point is that correlation does not equal causation. That visual perception difference is not the main cause of treatment difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    unlike glorious Welsh master races flag with a dragon on it...... cause f' dragons are cool.

We should be on the Jack!

People don't have to be racist to call them racist.

My point is that correlation does not equal causation. That visual perception difference is not the main cause of treatment difference.
    A claim that hasn't been backed up by any notable data, and is a far cry from the original premise that there wasn't any.

7+ Year Old Account
    A claim that hasn't been backed up by any notable data, and is a far cry from the original premise that there wasn't any.
    Your claim also has not been backed by data. A study with all the parameters probably doesn't exist. If you want to prove a certain parameter is the largest cause, the onus is on you to prove it. Otherwise racial discrimination is not a large cause.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-28 at 01:40 AM.

Your claim also has not been backed by data. A study with all the parameters probably doesn't exist. If you want to prove a certain parameter is the largest cause, the onus is on you to prove it. Otherwise racial discrimination is not a large cause.
    Sure it is. Black people get punished in excess. When black people get arrested more for drugs than white people despite the same rate of usage that's racism. If you want to claim its actually just the burden is on you to present some mitigating data. That data hasn't been presented.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. Black people get punished in excess. When black people get arrested more for drugs than white people despite the same rate of usage that's racism. If you want to claim its actually just the burden is on you to present some mitigating data. That data hasn't been presented.
    I dont know how many times I have to tell you, correlation does not equal causation. Simply comparing two groups does not mean that the difference you have chosen to use is the cause of different outcomes.

I dont know how many times I have to tell you, correlation does not equal causation. Simply comparing two groups does not mean that the difference you have chosen to use is the cause of different outcomes.
    This statement has no relevance here. Black people are far more likely to be arrested for a crime they aren't any more likely to commit. That is racism, on its face

Any claims that this is mitigated by some other factor is a claim on which the burden of proof for lies on you.

Deleted
    As so many progressives like to constantly point out, freedom of speech has it consequences.

I am an extremely patriotic, nationalist REAL American citizen. That said, I could not care less that Kaepernick wants to "stand up" for certain issues by sitting down during the playing of our national anthem. That is his RIGHT to do so and I would never want that taken away from him.

However, it is also the right of the citizens of this country that disagree with him to no longer purchase any merchandise connected to him or support him in any way. By extrapolation, they can also refuse to patronize anything having to do with the 49ers.

Much like the Dixie Chicks, you are free to express you beliefs but you must be willing to accept the consequences.

7+ Year Old Account
    This statement has no relevance here. Black people are far more likely to be arrested for a crime they aren't any more likely to commit. That is racism, on its face
    Again, that doesn't mean the main cause is due to skin color.

Any claims that this is mitigated by some other factor is a claim on which the burden of proof for lies on you.
    Wrong, you have made the claim here. The burden of proof is on you.

Deleted

PC - discussing anything with Wells is nothing but an exercise in futility, just laugh at him and move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    As so many progressives like to constantly point out, freedom of speech has it consequences.

I am an extremely patriotic, nationalist REAL American citizen. That said, I could not care less that Kaepernick wants to "stand up" for certain issues by sitting down during the playing of our national anthem. That is his RIGHT to do so and I would never want that taken away from him.

However, it is also the right of the citizens of this country that disagree with him to no longer purchase any merchandise connected to him or support him in any way. By extrapolation, they can also refuse to patronize anything having to do with the 49ers.

Much like the Dixie Chicks, you are free to express you beliefs but you must be willing to accept the consequences.
    There should be no consequences for non-violent and non-damaging speech, all that should happen is that we use superior arguments against poor arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    PC - discussing anything with Wells is nothing but an exercise in futility, just laugh at him and move on.
    The irony is that in his 2 parameter statement above, believing a race difference is the main cause of the outcome difference is a race realism argument. The truth is that society is really complex, there are many important parameters that a study would need before jumping to conclusions. Especially detailed economic factors of all the studied cities and neighborhoods.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-28 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Welp. He's free to make himself look like a disrespectful idiot to repeat an empty message. I really wonder what he has to say about the people leaving bodies on the street for street cred.
    How is it disrespectful. If anything he is a true American just like Ed Snowden. Willing to do whatever it takes to make their country better and stand up for what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How is it disrespectful. If anything he is a true American just like Ed Snowden. Willing to do whatever it takes to make their country better and stand up for what's right.
    He is just a man going his own way tho..
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

ok don't complain then though when endorsements and jobs dry up

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

We should be on the Jack!
    I'd have to move back if they finally got a proper flag for the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I think I understand the player's viewpoint and agree with it mostly, although I think it's a little unprofessional on his part. It looks pretty tacky for guys in his position (proffesional athletes middling on the highest stage) to call attention to themselves in that way. He has a lot of outlets to express those viewpoints, and that distraction is probably not great for the team. He's also going to look pretty silly if he fails to win the starting spot, which looks to be the case.

I find the outrage to be a bit ridiculous, although not unexpected. I've always found those pseudo-mandatory displays of jingoistic idolatry to be a little creepy. However, I must say that I'm actually a little bit impressed by the NFL's handling of the situation. As draconian and litigious as they've come to be, I was a bit surprised that the NFL (and also the team's front office) were basically like, "Whatevs, thats up to him," which I think is really the most reasonable response here.

Stop just alluding to mitigating reasons and make the argument.

Nope. You're the one saying there are factors that allow for arresting black people at a much higher rate. Its your allegation, you have to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Well no one should stand for the canadian anthem either considering all the stories about how the natives are treated.

Anyway all anthems are stupid but his guy was a proven idiot long before this.
    Agreed. No one should ever stand and respect anything or anyone.