Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I think you haven't tested any legendaries in beta raids.
    Hence the clinging to sims in every post.
    I suggest people stop interacting with this individual, he is purposefully aggravating every one of us. Let's assume this player has no knowledge whatsoever of mage or Legion and that his goal is to unnerve the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    people smarter than us
    That's your contribution to the discussion?
    It is true because "people contributing to simcraft are smarter than us"?
    Is this for real? Do you know how many bugs are fixed in simcraft and APLs weekly?

I think you haven't tested any legendaries in beta raids.
    Hence the clinging to sims in every post.
    baiting is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your contribution to the discussion?
    It is true because "people contributing to simcraft are smarter than us"?
    Is this for real? Do you know how many bugs are fixed in simcraft and APLs weekly?
    I do. And it's done by people smarter than the vast majority of players. That's why we trust them to do the job. If they are proven wrong, the rest of us will happily concede that we were wrong too and change our minds to their new theory. That's how it works.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by people going by simcraft "gospel" because it happens all the time.
    What does surprise me a little bit is that between all those posts crying murder, troll, or just profanity filled as is the case of every second one from Torian Kel, there were zero posts discussing specific legion encounters. And there are encounters where bracers are better than ring.
    But you guys have no clue which are which...

there gonna be some lechemoi in this thread. (i once had a french girlfriend)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by people going by simcraft "gospel" because it happens all the time.
    What does surprise me a little bit is that between all those posts crying murder, troll, or just profanity filled as is the case of every second one from Torian Kel, there were zero posts discussing specific legion encounters. And there are encounters where bracers are better than ring.
    But you guys have no clue which are which...
    Which would also include your input in this discussion. It would do you well to work on being able to discuss something instead of assuming/insulting others. No one is going to care if your opinion is different unless you can actually back it up with data and in a correct manner. Further more stating that you were saving shimmer/ice floes the whole time for a 20% chance proc that has a long timer before it needs to be used just really hurt your credibility on this discussion.

We are not here to one up each other with each post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    there gonna be some lechemoi in this thread. (i once had a french girlfriend)
    licking? some of that?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Further more stating that you were saving shimmer/ice floes the whole time for a 20% chance proc that has a long timer before it needs to be used just really hurt your credibility on this discussion.
    Again you prove zero experience with the bracers.
    There is no "long time" before it needs to be used, you want to spend is ASAP not to have another proc munched.
    Oh well. The simcraft kids

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you prove zero experience with the bracers.
    There is no "long time" before it needs to be used, you want to spend is ASAP not to have another proc munched.
    Oh well. The simcraft kids

You can see the arrogance dripping from his fedora from far away.

I'd call it hands on experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I don't have one kill.
    Top kek /10char
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Deleted
    except it comes more across as ignorance as to how both the bracers work but especially how mage mechanics work in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    lolumad. /10char

Infracted. Please contribute to the thread.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-08-28 at 12:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Please don't interact with someone you feel is being continuously counterproductive for the discussion. It's pointless. It's better to pass than to say something unnecessary.
    Can't you just ban this guy? It's pretty obvious hes only interested in causing trouble.

OT: If I get prydaz or Belo'virs i am going to be so incredibly annoyed. I wish you could like, veto a few legendaries. I think that would be a nice compromise between just picking the one you want and having it be pure RNG. If some solo players want the extra health from the Belo'virs, then they can feel free to leave it on their list. It's pretty absurd that they decided to buff the strongest one so much already. They really are pushing fire aren't they...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post

OT: If I get prydaz or Belo'virs i am going to be so incredibly annoyed. I wish you could like, veto a few legendaries. I think that would be a nice compromise between just picking the one you want and having it be pure RNG. If some solo players want the extra health from the Belo'virs, then they can feel free to leave it on their list. It's pretty absurd that they decided to buff the strongest one so much already. They really are pushing fire aren't they...
    or have a vendor that exhanges 1 legendary for another, i got so annoyed when i got the blink chest legendary, sure it improves suvivability and having a total of 700k+ hp worth of shields is nic but as a mage where here to do dmg not something we should be doing even without the blink legendary which is surviving.

could someone please reply to my previous post about how the bracers actually work? does the proc count as a hot streak pyro? does it give double ignite ticks? what makes a 200% pyro stronger then 2 pyro insta casts (with double ignite) then a single 3.5sec hard cast

before all the egos got in the way of a game

Deleted
    I got the pyroblast bracers very early in the beta cycle (or was it during alpha? its been so long i cant remember) so I was able to test them on almost every heroic and mythic raid test and at 200% pyro damage it was very good. Now they are buffed I cant imagine not using them they are really good. You can get a proc during your opener which you can cast during your 2nd RoP with 5 PI stacks and its insane burst. Some people say that these bracers suck on movement fights but I dont think - it just adds a little skill ceiling that the best mages will always overcome. Personally im looking forward to getting these bracers on live along with the DB helm, the ring is ok i guess - Just highly situational during progression raiding as may be more useful for fun parses during farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensine View Post
    could someone please reply to my previous post about how the bracers actually work? does the proc count as a hot streak pyro? does it give double ignite ticks? what makes a 200% pyro stronger then 2 pyro insta casts (with double ignite) then a single 3.5sec hard cast

before all the egos got in the way of a game
    The proc has nothing do with hot streak, except that hot streak is what triggers it. It does not give double ignite ticks. It does 300% increased damage (aka quadruple damage). You are comparing it to two instant pyros, but two instant pyros would require getting two full hot streaks. Which means 2 lucky crits and using 2 auto-crit charges. So the comparison means nothing. If you can't see why you would be happy casting 3.5 seconds for a pyroblast that hits 4x as hard, then I can't help you.

Haven't managed to get the bracers yet on Beta, but from the raid testing we've done there does not appear to be a fight where you move ALL THE TIME. There are fights with movement components to be sure, but as a Fire Mage dealing with those is almost trivial. Between IF, Shimmer, and all the instants you barely lose any uptime for your rotation (which is why 0 movement ST Simcraft is basically the same for us as a heavy movement one would be). Considering that the bracer proc also has a huge duration (and banking is fairly safe considering the proc rate) I imagine they would be extremely easy to use in ways that go around movement issues.

The Ring, on the other hand, is 100% contingent on you Lusting on pull. It's entirely possible (but by no means certain) that the Ring comes out ahead in fights where you do Lust on pull - but that's very few fights during progression. For farm it may be a different story, but then again there's only a very special subset of people that really care about min/maxing farm performance...