Thread: Beards

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Beards

So not sure what I couldve named the thread but it's mainly about beards so.

I was curious as to other men (or women) who have beards, when you didn't have 1 did you look younger than your actual age? I am 23 almost 24 and when I am clean shaven or even light stubble I look 18, but all the women in my family now that I have a well established beard (had it for about 9 months now but I trim it because I don't want it to be a long bikey beard) say I look great with a beard.

Last night I went on a date with a girl I met online and she said I look like a man not 23 because of my beard, like beards are amazing and weird how it can add age.

At what point did you realize that your beard has magical powers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Real men have beards. It's as simple as that.

What do you use to shape/line up your beard? I was looking at a safety razor but they're kinda pricy..

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

What do you use to shape/line up your beard? I was looking at a safety razor but they're kinda pricy..
    I just have a cheap electric trimmer that has multiple swappable blade-heads for different things like trimming your nose hairs etc, and I use a normal comb on it when I probably should go to a beard shop and get some proper combs and maybe beard oil lol, but my beard looks fine I just trim it back every 2 days takes no time.

Every about 6 months I completely shave off my beard. Yesterday was one of those days. My GF has been nagging me about it since, she's like- You aren't the person I moved in with! Never fucking shave again!

It will take me about 3-4 weeks to grow an actual beard looking beard again (constant trimming for shaping purposes). It's gonna be a rough month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep a full goatee for most of the year, on Halloween clean shave and grow a winter beard. When I get tired of it, which is usually around Feb/March, I go back to goatee.

I look like I'm 15 or so clean shaven. My GF just looked at me last year, first time she'd seen it "Um, honey, how long until it grows back?" Not very.

For trimming/shaping Wahl brand trimmer with multiple attachments.
    For upkeep, Infusium 23 brand shampoo and conditioner to keep it clean, nice, and soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

For every person you find saying "you look great with a beard", you'll find someone who will think the opposite.

That being said, I'm 24 almost 25 and I look the exact same way basically, just one has facial hair and the other doesn't, that doesn't change that my skin isn't starting to wrinkle, dry out, or any other physical sign of older age.

The most I ever bother to keep is a light stubble usually though, if it starts to get too long I shave it off, my girlfriend hates being poked by my chin hairs or anything.

I like it because it hides my butt-chin. I've been told by women (more than one) that butt-chins are attractive, which sounds like nonsense to me.

I use electric clippers on "5" for my chin area, and "1" for the rest of my head.

I don't like it when people shave or drastically alter their hair or facial hair. I never say anything, but it disturbs me more than it probably should.

I look a lot younger than I am most of the time. I'm 31 and have been told I could pretty easily pass for a teenager if I wanted.

I grew a beard once. It turned out reasonably well, but I was told it didn't really make me look older. I decided to do away with it about a year ago. I do still tend to get lazy about shaving though (shaving sucks, IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For every person you find saying "you look great with a beard", you'll find someone who will think the opposite.

That being said, I'm 24 almost 25 and I look the exact same way basically, just one has facial hair and the other doesn't, that doesn't change that my skin isn't starting to wrinkle, dry out, or any other physical sign of older age.

The most I ever bother to keep is a light stubble usually though, if it starts to get too long I shave it off, my girlfriend hates being poked by my chin hairs or anything.
    Yeah, my brother is the only 1 who teases me about my beard since I work with him and my beard goes slightly reddish when it gets longer, it's a mix of dirty blonde/slightly brownish with a bit of red, everyone else think I look great with a beard and whenever I shave it off they are like whyyyyyyyyyy?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah, my brother is the only 1 who teases me about my beard since I work with him and my beard goes slightly reddish when it gets longer, it's a mix of dirty blonde/slightly brownish with a bit of red, everyone else think I look great with a beard and whenever I shave it off they are like whyyyyyyyyyy?
    Depends on who you hang out with of course. I mean, everyone I know things video games are great, does that mean there's no one who disagrees?

Although I do suppose there are some people who would just look better in general, my point was merely it usually comes down to a personal taste. I do find it funny though how beard hair can be a different color than your normal hair, like my beard comes in with black hair, yet I have light brown/dirty blonde hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a traditional style

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Depends on who you hang out with of course. I mean, everyone I know things video games are great, does that mean there's no one who disagrees?

Although I do suppose there are some people who would just look better in general, my point was merely it usually comes down to a personal taste. I do find it funny though how beard hair can be a different color than your normal hair, like my beard comes in with black hair, yet I have light brown/dirty blonde hair.
    Yeah the only person in my family who ever had red hair was my grandpa so it could be from that but I read online that all your hair on your body can be different colour, hair, facial hair, pubic hair can all be different lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No "real man" says this. Sorry, kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah the only person in my family who ever had red hair was my grandpa so it could be from that but I read online that all your hair on your body can be different colour, hair, facial hair, pubic hair can all be different lol.
    My beard grows in red too, every other hair on my body is dark, dark brown. Some people actually think I dye it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Hats off to the people that actually go full-on with beard growth. The itchiness gets to me Not that a full beard suits me anyway. My gf loves my stubble though, so, gotta make her happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    No "real man" says this. Sorry, kiddo.
    The real men with beards do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Hats off to the people that actually go full-on with beard growth. The itchiness gets to me Not that a full beard suits me anyway. My gf loves my stubble though, so, gotta make her happy.
    Itchiness goes away and I feel like it's not every time either, for example first time I grew a beard I got slightly itchy for a few days but that was it, 2nd time no itch at all, 3rd time itchy like once it's really not that bad but I guess it's diff for every1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The real men with beards do.
    On the contrary, claiming what makes one a "real man" makes one not a "real man".

Deleted
    In modern time even beards have to follow too many standards to make them worth it.

I have a groomed and trimmed beard, keep it keep it short in summer and let it grow out some in the fall. GF prefers a man with some hair, I'm the only guy at my job with facial hair thou lol.