Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Since I run a 6700K @4.6GHz and 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM I could not care less about my Addons.
    I have one aswell, and you should be aware of your addons, the CPU power doesnt mater if the addon is badly coded becuase of bad waits or unused funcions in the code.

I saw that immediately when 7.0 came and as I was updating addons it became faster and faster, a real culprit was the fist versions of TSM after 7.0 that even with a 6700k made some stutter, some versions later and its now perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yeah you have an electricity bill to worry about instead. Good job bragging at a thread that was made to help people who for so many reasons may not be able to afford better hardware at this time.

To OP: great guide that should be stickied. I always wonder about adding alternatives and this was very insightful.
    If you knew abou CPUs function, you should know that the skylake cpus is probably better on the eletric bill than some of older generations becuase of the smaller litography

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    That's because you're using a real graphics card... you know, the thing that matters the most when it comes to FPS.
    but the gpu doesnt makes the calculations, the cpu does. besides, mmo's have very high cpu usage.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ddonUsage.html

great post. i'd like to add that npc scan overlay absolutely fucked my game. this addon made npc spawn like 10 seconds later, prolonged loading screens and since 7.0 it actually killed my fps and made the game unplayable for me. so if you are having similar issues turn it off.

there are some great things in this list. definitely need to check out some of these addons. thanks.

Nice post. I used to have wayyy too many addons. I'm kind of a minimalist so I decided to remove all "bloat addons" (ie skins), only keeping the ones I deem necessary. I also tried to keep a default UI look. It is very low CPU usage. Here is my current UI.

15+ Year Old Account
    With my "raid set" of addons I run between 20 and 25mb. I could gut it probably another 5mb, but there are some qol addons that aren't for raiding, but I can't not have them active. My big 5 usage addons are: Details, Hekili, Tukui, AddonOnSkins, OPie, but only Details and Hekili are more than 2mb.

Now my everyday tooling around, not worrying about anything addon set pushes over 200mb. But that has auction, transmog, pet battle, achievement, and alt addons out the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    We get it you have a good pc /shoo
    I'd consider that slightly better than a standard gaming pc that everyone has these days. If anything he actually made out with worse unless he streams or actually uses that 3200 speed ram. Could even say he wasted money :P

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    but the gpu doesnt makes the calculations, the cpu does. besides, mmo's have very high cpu usage.
    Well I imagine if you don't have a dedicated graphics card you wouldn't know the difference, but the purpose of it is so the CPU doesn't kill itself trying to do what the missing part is supposed to do for it.

You said so yourself, the game is CPU intensive; why make it work even harder by forcing it to draw the world as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    - Tidyplates, ElvUI, Tellmewhen were BY FAR the most CPU consuming addons in my case. Weakauras came after, at a decent distance. Hence I gave up on TMW and converted everything to WA2 and never looked back.
    Here's the thing... the measure is CPU addon usage time relative to all your addons, not how much CPU your addons use. No addon can really measure the latter. That means if you're running only 1 addon that addon will be at 100% regardless of how often it got called.

Secondly, certain addons having higher usage isn't a bad thing-- it means they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. TidyPlates updates in real time for every person and NPC in the immediate area; that's one of those things where you don't want its usage to be something small like 5%, that means either something else is using way too much or your TidyPlates isn't working.

UI mods will always have the highest 'usage' because they need to be updated in real time.

- even if you have the best PC, a messed up addon can tank your FPS.
    It's almost always because the addon wasn't updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin
    With my "raid set" of addons I run between 20 and 25mb. I could gut it probably another 5mb, but there are some qol addons that aren't for raiding, but I can't not have them active. My big 5 usage addons are: Details, Hekili, Tukui, AddonOnSkins, OPie, but only Details and Hekili are more than 2mb.
    The topic has nothing to do with RAM usage. RAM usage is actually inconsequential unless you're one of those people that run with no RAM which is impossible (you'd have much bigger problems).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Did he test it, read it somewhere, etc? Anything besides him just saying it does?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    from testing ingame with and without addon.
    With only ElvUi running vs Blizzards standard UI, in game I only saw a 1-2 Fps difference between the two with the game running at maxed out settings. Which pretty much puts it in the margin of error category. So how your friend was getting a solid -20Fps is beyond me.

Sure the addon clocks in at around 11Mb but its pretty much replacing around 10+ addons.

I don't want to get into any sort of potential Big Wigs and DBM debate (both can co-exist peacefully), but I do appreciate this list. Gonna check out EnhancedMenu

Any insight on minimap addons? I tend to use Mappy because it auto arranges the addon extra buttons, had a problem finding a replacement for those week or two after 7.0 Mappy wasn't updated and generally wondering if there are other good minimap addons. Tried Sexymap, hated it, too much fluff.

I remember back in the days I used Chinchilla but then at some point it died over so I moved on.

Thanks Great write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Since I run a 6700K @4.6GHz and 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM I could not care less about my Addons.
    Nice attempt to show off only yo fail with a mediocre overclock .

Messy coding can effect your loading times and performance no matter how fast your CPU is, and bad software is out of your control.

Bookmarked.

appreciate the list, will check some of these out. I only ever use altaholic to see if my alts have that item or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Nice attempt to show off only yo fail with a mediocre overclock .

Messy coding can effect your loading times and performance no matter how fast your CPU is, and bad software is out of your control.
    I started with 4.8GHz, but lowered it to decrease Voltage and because the 200MHz makes no fucking difference in Games anyways.

Thanks for this, already replaced a couple of addons.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    I'd like to mention that NPCscan really fucked with my FPS when 7.0 hit.
    That issue lies with 7.0 itself and not _NPCscanner

Tough about recount vs skada before...

I dont care about FPS gains much, more loading times (piss annoying even with fast ssd wow loads to slow with many addons...When you do like 10 re-logs in succes to setup farming for lockouts....yawn) and drops from heavy addon cpu usage....like pulling a boss in big raid.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-08-28 at 02:13 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Skada has better fps performance than recount for me
    these days (sadly) everything is better fps wise then recount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    (And with 7.1, a possible good 1/4-1/5 of the addon is going to break. So it will be getting a near overhaul.)
    we get it you HATE dbm but this is bs. by the time 7.1 hit live dmb and bw have been updated at least 5 times and work smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    It takes a small amount of memory, sure.. But considering how many addons it replaces, it's worth it. Back in the day when I switched to Elvui it replaced like 12 addons
    Sorry but if you dont understand how addons work and what they are you shouuldnt comment dont you think. Elvui isnt ONE Addon. Its a bundle of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    However, 10-20 fps loss.... sorry not at all true.
    So if you here something you dont like you put your fingers into your ears and go "lalalala......"?

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could just read the tooltip
    Thanks for this one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    - Tidyplates, ElvUI, Tellmewhen were BY FAR the most CPU consuming addons in my case. Weakauras came after, at a decent distance. Hence I gave up on TMW and converted everything to WA2 and never looked back.
    As he wrote It depends on how MANY WA scripts you use.

Why does it sound like your advertising Details