Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I've already linked usage rates. The vast majority of drug usage is weed.
    1. my mistake, I was using big chart that was a few pages back. Though your couple of pages back was like 8 or 9....

2. Your charts prove nothing. Usage rates are vastly marijauna. That however doesn't mean or have anything to do with arrest rates and why people are arrested.

Thus to prove your claim, you would likely need to get a list of all drug related arrest records in the US, correlate those with usage and tie-in marijauna arrests. Citing drug arrests doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No you have jumped to a conclusion without causal evidence.

For example, tell me why the following statement conclusion is right or wrong:
    In China, Asian people are more likely to become billionaires than white people, despite similar income rates. This is racist.
    Don't need causal evidence as I'm not make a causal claim. I said that the situation is racist. Which I've shown.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    9ers fans are still the best.

At stabbing people in the stadium restrooms or parking lots.
    Number one baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    1. my mistake, I was using big chart that was a few pages back. Though your couple of pages back was like 8 or 9....

2. Your charts prove nothing. Usage rates are vastly marijauna. That however doesn't mean or have anything to do with arrest rates and why people are arrested.

Thus to prove your claim, you would likely need to get a list of all drug related arrest records in the US, correlate those with usage and tie-in marijauna arrests. Citing drug arrests doesn't mean anything.
    If the claim is that this mitigates the otherwise plainly racist practices seen its not my claim to back up.

To be fair if you break down the charts at http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/quicktabl...34481-0001_all (which is the root of the data from the vox article) you can see weed usage by males is just under 10% higher than by females. So are cops all sexist for arresting waaaaaaaay more men than women for drug offenses?

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't need causal evidence as I'm not make a causal claim. I said that the situation is racist. Which I've shown.
    You have claimed that it is racist, but you have no proven that it is racist. Once you factor in neighborhood economics and economic history, a rate differential is logical.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-28 at 03:37 AM.

He's an idiot and wrong in what he said. I hope he gets cut. Fans have already been burning his jerseys and justifiably so. There is no systemic government approved racism except for a little thing known as affirmative action.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

You have claimed that it is racist, but you have no proven that it is racist. Once you factor in neighborhood economics and economic history, the rate differential is logical.
    Wells: it's racist, ive made my proof, it's up to you to prove me wrong
    everyone else: it's not racist, there is no proof that it is, Wells says that it is proof, but hasn't proved anything.

This is a circular argument that is going no where.

I would say he has just as much proof that the cops are racist as they are sexist. Namely none.

You have claimed that it is racist, but you have no proven that it is racist. Once you factor in neighborhood economics and economic history, a rate differential is logical.
    I've shown a disparity in how different races are arrested at different rates for a crime they commit at the same rate. You don't dispute that fact. The difference is you don't see how that fact is inherently racist. Instead you claim there's a mitigating factor, but haven't backed that up yet.

everyone else: it's not racist, there is no proof that it is, Wells says that it is proof, but hasn't proved anything.

This is a circular argument that is going no where.
    Probably because that's not my argument. The situation is a racist one, I've shown that, and no one here disagrees that black people are arrested more for a crime they commit at the same rate as whites. If someone wants to claim there's a reason its not, that's their burden.

The problem is you guys are viewing the racism here as a cause, rather than a plain description of the fact we all agree on.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have not presented proof that the difference in outcome is due to race.

Just because they commit the crime doesn't mean that some chip goes off in them alerting the police to a crime being committed. you have missed the link where the cops see the same amount of crime from both races but disregard it from one. If you had that link that would be racism.

I've shown a disparity in how different races are arrested at different rates for a crime they commit at the same rate. You don't dispute that fact. The difference is you don't see how that fact is inherently racist. Instead you claim there's a mitigating factor, but haven't backed that up yet.
    You just proved yourself false. You've just admitted you've shown a disparity. A disparity is not racist, it's a disparity. Making the leap to racism is purely something you have done in your interpretation.

He has assumed motive where there is no factual evidence that such a motive is indeed the case.

He basically goes

Step 1: rates of crimes commited
    Step 2: arrest rates of said crime
    Step 3: ??????
    Step 4: Racism!

You just proved yourself false. You've just admitted you've shown a disparity. A disparity is not racist, it's a disparity. Making the leap to racism is purely something you have done in your interpretation.
    A disparity based on race is. Its people being treated differently by race. Racism is literally the description for black people being more likely to be arrested for a crime they're no more likely to commit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    He has assumed motive where there is no factual evidence that such a motive is indeed the case.

He basically goes

Step 1: rates of crimes commited
    Step 2: arrest rates of said crime
    Step 3: ??????
    Step 4: Racism!
    No I haven't. Claiming that the arrest rate is racist isn't claiming motive, its describing what is seen in the data.

Again: The problem is you guys are viewing the racism here as a cause, rather than a plain description of the fact we all agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's not though lol.
    You're free to actually engage at any time dude.

I thought racism was something people did, not something that was naturally occurring in the world without people to be racist or do things with a racist motive.

Maybe it is easier to go to those neighborhoods to arrest drug offenders because the crime is clustered in those areas. That has nothing to do with race and more to do with convenience.

Holy crap! We have some lazy cops here! I demand that they go to all areas equally regardless of crime density and knock on people's doors to find crime! We need more door to door policing to make sure you aren't doing anything illegal behind closed doors!
    Last edited by dark666105; 2016-08-28 at 03:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, the onus is on the person who first makes a claim, in this case that a differential in outcome is inherently racist. The idea that the onus is on a secondary claim is nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    I thought racism was something people did, not something that was naturally occurring in the world without people to be racist or do things with a racist motive.
    Arrest rates aren't "naturally occurring" so that's weird. Racism can describe an individuals motives. It can also describe a general situation. Jim Crow South was a racist situation. There were also people with racist motives in the area.

The fact that blacks are arrested at a higher rate for this crime is a racist situation. That statement makes no claim as to anyone's motivation.

A disparity based on race is. Its people being treated differently by race. Racism is literally the description for black people being more likely to be arrested for a crime they're no more likely to commit.
    It would be racist if a cop saw a black man and a white man both smoking pot and arrested only the black man.

If a black man is seen smoking in public and caught while a white man is not seen smoking in his house, there is no racism.

Wrong, the onus is on the person who first makes a claim, in this case that a differential in outcome is inherently racist. The idea that the onus is on a secondary claim is nonsensical.
    I've addressed this like...8 times and you always ignore it.

I've shown black people are arrested more for a crime they don't commit more. That is by definition racist. You have made several vague claims for reasons its not but presented no evidence.