Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If he stands behind his arrest/usage disparity being racist he also has to stand behind it being sexist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    It would be racist if a cop saw a black man and a white man both smoking pot and arrested only the black man.

If a black man is seen smoking in public and caught while a white man is not seen smoking in his house, there is no racism.
    Why are you assuming differences in usage styles?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The fact that blacks are arrested at a higher rate for this crime is a racist situation.
    False, you have to prove something is racist, until then it is by default not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    If he stands behind his arrest/usage disparity being racist he also has to stand behind it being sexist as well.
    This is only a useful comparison here if both sexes use drugs at the same right. I don't have that information in front of me.

A disparity based on race is. Its people being treated differently by race. Racism is literally the description for black people being more likely to be arrested for a crime they're no more likely to commit.
    Again, all you've shown is a disparity. A disparity is not racist. In order to prove that it is, you need to show specific intent by police to be targeting people of color because they are people of color. Arrests happening more in low income areas because there is more crime, and as thus higher arrests for drugs is not racist, it happens because there is a larger police for in higher crime areas.

Another example and possibility. Find a white low income high crime rate area and compare it with black low income high crime rate area and see if there are different arrests rates.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    False, you have to prove something is racist, until then it is by default not racist.
    I have. God damn there are only so many ways to explain this to you. Black people being arrested more than white people for a crime they commit at the same rate is a fact. You don't dispute it. What you don't understand is that that is racism. You're looking at it right in the face and going nah.

I've addressed this like...8 times and you always ignore it.

I've shown black people are arrested more for a crime they don't commit more. That is by definition racist. You have made several vague claims for reasons its not but presented no evidence.
    nope, even you have admitted that it is a disparity, which is not racist. Is it a cause for concern, sure. Does it merit further investigation...sure. But it's not racist.

I have. God damn there are only so many ways to explain this to you. Black people being arrested more than white people for a crime they commit at the same rate is a fact. You don't dispute it. What you don't understand is that that is racism. You're looking at it right in the face and going nah.
    Its racist that the ones committing crimes at a much higher rate are arrested more? Wut
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Again, all you've shown is a disparity. A disparity is not racist. In order to prove that it is, you need to show specific intent by police to be targeting people of color because they are people of color.
    Repeating the claim as a rebuttal of my counter argument isn't worth anyone's time. The claim doesn't need to prove anyone's intent, because its not a claim about intent.

Arrests happening more in low income areas because there is more crime, and as thus higher arrests for drugs is not racist, it happens because there is a larger police for in higher crime areas.
    There we go! An assertion. Time for supporting evidence! Counter point to consider, drug arrests are one of the most common arrests.

Another example and possibility. Find a white low income high crime rate area and compare it with black low income high crime rate area and see if there are different arrests rates.
    Sure, let's take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Its racist that the ones committing crimes at a much higher rate are arrested more? Wut
    Black and white people use illegal drugs at the same rate. White people are actually somewhat more likely to deal drugs.

This is only a useful comparison here if both sexes use drugs at the same right. I don't have that information in front of me.
    http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/quicktabl...34481-0001_all

There is where all the data is that vox pulled from. The usage rates of males is only 9% higher than females yet males are arrested at 3 times the rate.

Here is the spreadsheet for arrest rates by gender
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-54

There is where all the data is that vox pulled from. The usage rates of males is only 9% higher than females yet males are arrested at 3 times the rate.
    Then sure, there's an element of sexism. What relevance does this have to my claim?

It also needs to be asked, who is actually the racist here. The one that jumps to the racist conclusion at the drop of hat, or everyone else that doesn't see color.

7+ Year Old Account
    False. Racism is a positive belief or behavior that must be proven, it is never a default state.

So your assertion is the police force is full of racist sexists?

So black people tend to get sickle cell more than whites. Is that then therefore racist?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    False. Racism is a positive belief or behavior that must be proven, it is never a default state.
    Strongly disagreed. If we treat people differently by race, which is an observably fact here, its racism. If you want to claim mitigating factors that's your burden.

Anyway, this is going in boring circles, so back to ESO for me.

So black people tend to get sickle cell more than whites. Is that then therefore racist?
    Genetic predisposition. That would be the "mitigating factor" I've been asking if someone has for the observed arrest rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No it's not. Racism is a belief that one race is superior to another race. Treating people differently based on their race doesn't make you inherently racist, that would be silly.
    So if I craft a law specifically designed to keep black people from voting, but only because they're more likely to vote for my opponent you don't think that would be racist?

Strongly disagreed. If we treat people differently by race, which is an observably fact here, its racism. If you want to claim mitigating factors that's your burden.

Anyway, this is going in boring circles, so back to ESO for me.
    But you haven't proven exact same factors, only usage and arrest factors. Basically you have proven they are racist only if the cops are alerted to every usage. I would then say you have to prove there is equal knowledge by the cops to prove that your disparity is racist.

Basically the way crime goes down for drug offenses would be

Usage/possesion
    Observation by law officer
    Arrest

You have missed the middle part. you went straight from usage to arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No that's just silly. I disagree with Wells here but the "I'm color blind to racism" bullshit isn't better than what hes doing.
    I disagree. Take for example: Al Sharpton. He jumps to a racist conclusion at every turn. Will cry from the highest mountain top, even after it's been proven that the person who he's said is proven to be lying.

Further, he says he's helped innercity Chicago, but crime rates and murders are going up, and not down, and even moreso, he recruited Black Panthers out of Chicago to go to Ferguson to incite violence, to further support his racist claims.

Black and white people use illegal drugs at the same rate. White people are actually somewhat more likely to deal drugs.
    Black people commit murder at a rate of 6 times higher than non-blacks. What does that have to do with racism?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight