Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Super Mario Bros. Movie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuljuras View Post
    Mars Attacks is one of my favourite "bad" movies. I just love the how over the top it is and the ridiculousness of the plot.
    I cannot stand that movie. I understand it's meant to be a throwback campy type movie, but it never worked for me. Interesting fact though, my Grandpa was in it.

I'm sure there a tons of movies I like that others don't, but to just name a couple I'll go with The Spirit and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunraku_(film)
    + alot of the films mentioned in the thread already.
    I really enjoyed Bunraku, it was very odd but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Klajridor View Post
    Super Mario Bros. Movie
    I think we can all agree it's a horrible adaptation, but it still is an enjoyable film for me.

Sucker Punch. I really enjoyed it and got a kick out of all the set pieces.

Also enjoyed Warcraft and Batman vs. Superman recently. Pretty entertaining to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Trouble in Little China.
    Good ol Jack Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Good ol Jack Burton.
    does anyone hate this movie ? its regarded as a well liked cult classic.

I really liked prometheus and Mortal Komabt... that soundtrack!

Transformers... all of them! Michael Bay movies take a beating from everyone but I generally find them a blast.

Streetfighter though is terrible.
    Last edited by minkage; 2016-08-28 at 04:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good ol Jack Burton.
    What?! There are people that don't like Big Trouble in Little China? That's an absolutely well loved cult classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sucker Punch. I really enjoyed it...
    Right there with you. I really liked that movie as well but I know of no one else that does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Defendor
    Gods of Egypt
    Take Me Home Tonight
    The Sea of Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    It Follows. In my humble opinion the best horror movie of 21st century with flat out best horror movie soundtrack ever, matched only be the one of The Thing.

Sadly people shat on it because it has no jump scares and rather builds itself up on atmosphere of terror. People have no attention span to appreciate good horrors anymore.
    Dude, all of my friends and I loved that movie. The soundtrack was amazing, the area they filmed in felt just right for the setting in the movie, the plot was really good and well done. To my surprise, the actors were pretty good too. Really really enjoyed it.

My friends and I are horror film lovers though, so any time theres a chance a horror movie could be good we go and see it. I remember all the trailers for it follows and how hyped we all were, honestly we werent disappointed.

If you compare It follows to anything recent, it blows every horror movie made in the last few years out of the water. I thought it was really good.

OT-Edit- Nvm. The mummy and The mummy returns. I dont really know anyone in my life who likes those movies, but Ive watched them both over 5 times each, I just love them for some reason.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-28 at 04:48 AM.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ninth Gate. The only good Johnny Depp film IMO. May not be that true to the novel it's based on but I really enjoy the plot and the acting, especially from Langella.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    The Cable Guy.
    Thats a good one, I do like Cable Guy, a lot of people don't. The celebrity trial of the century is my favorite part.

Also agree with you on Laputa, its my fav Miyazaki movie too.

Sorry I'm ruining your post by agreeing with you

The new Ghostbusters, though most people do like it, it's just angry men on the internet.
    Thats a cop out excuse. Most people really do hate it and for good reason its a terrible movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I love this one. Horrible acting, crappy special fx (even for its time), but something keeps me rewatching. Prolly that Reptile fight.
    Most people love the first one, so its not really a legit answer. The movie is as dumb as the video game and its kinda clear it was on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The mummy and The mummy returns. I dont really know anyone in my life who likes those movies, but Ive watched them both over 5 times each, I just love them for some reason.
    Both those movies are pretty popular and its a shame that Brendan Frasier isnt in more action/fantasy movies. Mummy 3 is the hated one.

Keeping with Brendan Fraiser I really liked Journey to the Center of the Earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Great Gatsby
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Both those movies are pretty popular and its a shame that Brendan Frasier isnt in more action/fantasy movies. Mummy 3 is the hated one.

Keeping with Brendan Fraiser I really liked Journey to the Center of the Earth.
    Yeah I honestly really like him as an actor. Hes pretty good in action movies. For some reason nobody I know likes them, but either way I love them.

Mummy 3 is hated because they changed a few actors. I think Johnathan stayed the same and obviously Rick did too but his wife Evaline or whatever changed actors, so it was kind of weird. It wasnt all that great of a plot either, just felt like they made something random up for no reason at all. They had a lot of reason to do what they were doing in Egypt, but I didnt really get that feeling from the third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Good ol Jack Burton.
    Literally everyone likes this movie. I own it on multiple formats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrusDH View Post
    That's strange, I don't know anyone who hates that movie.
    it's #27 on the list of the 50 most hated movies ever made list

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    The Ninth Gate. The only good Johnny Depp film IMO. May not be that true to the novel it's based on but I really enjoy the plot and the acting, especially from Langella.
    Again not really hated at all I am a big fan of the film myself.

I know there are a lot of films universally hated that I liked but I'm having trouble thinking of any at this time.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-08-28 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't trolling.
    I know, I meant this is supposed to be the thread where everybody thinks your movies are bad but I kept agreeing with you that they're good and spoiling things.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    The Great Gatsby
    Pretty sure everyone else don't hate that movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    It Follows. In my humble opinion the best horror movie of 21st century with flat out best horror movie soundtrack ever, matched only be the one of The Thing.

Sadly people shat on it because it has no jump scares and rather builds itself up on atmosphere of terror. People have no attention span to appreciate good horrors anymore.
    Most people I know and see likes this movie quite a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah I honestly really like him as an actor. Hes pretty good in action movies.
    Apparently, it has to do with several things. One that I've read multiple times of how much of a tool he is, coupled with the fact that he drinks like a fish. Two, that while Mummy 1 & 2 and Journey did well, everything else he did around that time was horrible and bombed badly. Dudley, Furry Vengeance, Looney Tunes, Mummy 3 to name the more well known films. Three, he kinda screwed himself over from getting back in the spotlight. When they were prepping to film Journey 2, they obviously wanted Brendan back. But he balked and tried to draw out the preproduction to get the same director back(who was on another film). While admirable, big studios don't want to wait too long on properties that can be profitable like the Journey films, so they moved on with a very bankable and always ready to work Rock.

Back on topic: Shoot 'Em Up