Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Does this guide work for alliance as well or does it not matter?

Deleted
    Hey, can someone help me with what quests he's talking about in nagrand? You can either reply on here or on my bnet xades#2239

It works for Alliance all quests aside from probably a handful in Stormheim (due to the sylvanis v greymane thing) work for both factions. I could make a character on beta and test it out later tonight on my stream, i'm assuming when you get out of the scenario you're in a different spot but probably end up in Valdisdall and have a taxi to the other side for greymane's quests after you do the Stormheim's Salvation quest.

I'll update the quests in the OP later tonight to reflect the alliance pathing.

Also, the nagrand quests can be any 24, basically you want to unlock the foothold garrison and then just do anything in the area, i'll get specific quests for everyone up later tonight as well.

Deleted

Dungeon farming

Quote Originally Posted by Rykun View Post
    It works for Alliance all quests aside from probably a handful in Stormheim (due to the sylvanis v greymane thing) work for both factions. I could make a character on beta and test it out later tonight on my stream, i'm assuming when you get out of the scenario you're in a different spot but probably end up in Valdisdall and have a taxi to the other side for greymane's quests after you do the Stormheim's Salvation quest.

I'll update the quests in the OP later tonight to reflect the alliance pathing.

Also, the nagrand quests can be any 24, basically you want to unlock the foothold garrison and then just do anything in the area, i'll get specific quests for everyone up later tonight as well.
    Hey is dungeon farming optimal for 100-110 and do you think it would be as fast as questing? Or would you recommend doing quests instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Albinomonk View Post
    Hey is dungeon farming optimal for 100-110 and do you think it would be as fast as questing? Or would you recommend doing quests instead?
    Just for the sake of understanding my perspective - I played in both alpha and beta. Dungeons are TERRIBLE experience-wise. The only reason I intend to spend time in them while leveling is to complete quest chains: each zone has a final quest or two linked to that zone's dungeon. Also, most or all of the professions have quests that require dungeons. Other than that, I'd strongly advise avoiding dungeons while leveling. Focus on quests, rare mobs, and the bonus objectives in each zone instead.

I get around 16k xp/min solo questing. A few days ago I tanked a DHT run in a PuG with the 3 dps doing a combined 240k, I pulled pretty aggressively, and it took 14 minutes and gave 165k total (majority of which was the quest worth 123k). That works out to be 11.8k xp/min. In order for it to match solo questing it would need to be a 10m run. That's certainly possible with a good group, but highly unlikely with a PuG.

I haven't tried leveling as a group, but apparently if you do, you need to do a few dungeons in order to have enough xp to hit 110.

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    I get around 16k xp/min solo questing. A few days ago I tanked a DHT run in a PuG with the 3 dps doing a combined 240k, I pulled pretty aggressively, and it took 14 minutes and gave 165k total (majority of which was the quest worth 123k). That works out to be 11.8k xp/min. In order for it to match solo questing it would need to be a 10m run. That's certainly possible with a good group, but highly unlikely with a PuG.

I haven't tried leveling as a group, but apparently if you do, you need to do a few dungeons in order to have enough xp to hit 110.
    Also, dungeon xp has been nerfed recently (completion used to give 80-45k depending on the dungeon), now it gives a universal 19.2k...

Dungeon leveling would be viable only if servers are unstable for questing initially. Although my group hasn't tested how worth it would be for doing certain things in dungeons to skip a lot and go for completion xp and what not. Pretty confident that questing is better overall, dungeon quests however are definitely worth taking the time to do especially with an aggressive tank.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.twitch.tv/rykuns/v/86057648

Here's a VOD from some testing tonight, found out the following:

Some quests in Nagrand give 18600 xp for the 24 quests, increasing my initial estimate in XP from 110k to 225k

Figured out that there's only two small quest hubs that make Stormheim slightly different for Horde and Alliance, i'll update the OP with specifics later tonight.

So as far as dungeon XP goes,

first completion of the day gives about 3 bars, every completion after that is giving about 1-1.5. It's been nerfed substantially. However, it's a decent alternative I suppose if servers are getting destroyed. It's also possible PVP might be decent XP like it was in MOP but i'll have to test that tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rykun; 2016-08-28 at 02:55 AM.

Here is the initial path for Stormheim for alliance. After this it is the same.

1) Making the Rounds
    2) Greymane's Gambit (Scenario)

-New Hub- -Skyfire Triage Camp-

3) Boarded!
    4) Assault and Battery
    5) See Ya Later, Oscillator
    6) Supplies From the Skies
    7) The Lost Legion
    8) Lightning Rod
    9) Pins and Needles
    10) Signal Boost
    11) The Ancient Trials

Note: Use a Goblin Glider all the way to complete "The Ancient Trials" from the cliff.

There won't be any non legion low pop server hopping. Draenor is CRZ now. You're going to have to do all the legion zones anyway. The tiny amount of XP you'll gain from WoD quests won't make up for the fact that everyone else who went right to the BI is ahead of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    There won't be any non legion low pop server hopping. Draenor is CRZ now. You're going to have to do all the legion zones anyway. The tiny amount of XP you'll gain from WoD quests won't make up for the fact that everyone else who went right to the BI is ahead of you.
    that's not necessarily the case.

im planning on lvling as WW and while i know some WW who take around 20-23 minutes to complete the peak of serenity+WW artifact lines im able to do it in 16~ minutes after practicing and refining it.

if i spend 5 minutes handing in quests, and finish the order hall/artifact quests quicker than others, im still going to get out ahead. not to mention i'll hit 101 faster so i can get an 850 ring quicker, thus speeding up lvling even more.

also fwiw the amount of exp you can get from WoD quests is anything but tiny

Quote Originally Posted by Relic2009 View Post
    Here is the initial path for Stormheim for alliance. After this it is the same.

1) Making the Rounds
    2) Greymane's Gambit (Scenario)

-New Hub- -Skyfire Triage Camp-

3) Boarded!
    4) Assault and Battery
    5) See Ya Later, Oscillator
    6) Supplies From the Skies
    7) The Lost Legion
    8) Lightning Rod
    9) Pins and Needles
    10) Signal Boost
    11) The Ancient Trials

Note: Use a Goblin Glider all the way to complete "The Ancient Trials" from the cliff.
    Just adding that at the end of the zone there's an alliance only hub as well. After you do the knocking on valor's door quest chain, heath back to Valdishdal and talk to Ensign Ward next to the Gryphon. The quests at the hub it takes you to are as follows:

1) To Catch a Banshee
    2) Combustible Contagion
    3) Whispers from the Dark
    4) Cut Out the Heart

and then you go to Skold-Ashil and continue with the same quests there.

Also i'm not sure why anyone would be trying to server hop to the Dreanor content. Honestly, the pre-Broken Isles stuff you can do is a nice boost if you don't want to do dungeons while leveling for some reason... but definitely not required. Just do whatever you want to do, it would be worth it to at least do nagrand if you're going to do anything (since nagrand alone is about 300k xp if you do ring of blood and the end quests at Mar'goks Overwatch) took me about 10 minutes to do while messing up my flight path around to places and gave half a level essentially. All of that information is there purely to give min maxers more information on what they can do right now on live to prepare if they're interested. Personally, my group is either going to do 14 missives (for around 40k xp) or do 25 quests in Nagrand and the three bonus objectives.

Server hopping to a low pop server however for broken isles would be very advantageous if you can do it.

Also, you only need to do 1/4 of a zone to get friendly with each faction on the way to Suramar at 110 to unlock world quests... so I don't understand why people keep saying you NEED to do all of each zone in legion. Seems to be a common misconception.

Edit: Added the alliance stormheim info to the OP

PS: Yes all this information is still valid as of today.
    Last edited by Rykun; 2016-08-28 at 06:22 AM.

Does character copy not copy over bonus objective progress? I was going to go do the WoD route on beta just to kind of get a "feel" for it (though this isn't really necessary, but I was sort of bored) and I noticed that it reset all my bonus objectives to having nothing cleared. I had left 1 mob up for each - they're fine on live.

It may just be character copy being buggy; first time copying my character over with objective progress, so not sure if it's always like this and I just never noticed.

If not, they may have fixed it, in which case I'll probably just complete them all before launch for the gold they give.
    Last edited by Alisaryn; 2016-08-28 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisaryn View Post
    Does character copy not copy over bonus objective progress? I was going to go do the WoD route on beta just to kind of get a "feel" for it (though this isn't really necessary, but I was sort of bored) and I noticed that it reset all my bonus objectives to having nothing cleared. I had left 1 mob up for each - they're fine on live.

It may just be character copy being buggy; first time copying my character over with objective progress, so not sure if it's always like this and I just never noticed.

If not, they may have fixed it, in which case I'll probably just complete them all before launch for the gold they give.
    This is just an error with character copy. Your live progress should work fine on launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisaryn View Post

Yeah it's an error with the character copy to beta. There's also a bug when servers restart that show that they have been reset but when you go to the objectives you still have 1 thing to kill still, so don't let that falter you if you go to a BO and mouse over it and see that you have to do everything again.

It happened to me on the stream last night. The servers went down or I relogged or something and when I moused over everything it showed that it was reset, but when I went back to the area I just had to kill one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    that's not necessarily the case.

im planning on lvling as WW and while i know some WW who take around 20-23 minutes to complete the peak of serenity+WW artifact lines im able to do it in 16~ minutes after practicing and refining it.

if i spend 5 minutes handing in quests, and finish the order hall/artifact quests quicker than others, im still going to get out ahead. not to mention i'll hit 101 faster so i can get an 850 ring quicker, thus speeding up lvling even more.

also fwiw the amount of exp you can get from WoD quests is anything but tiny
    There are specs that can do it in under 10mins. Certain ones (f.ex. prot paladin) can practically cut 10mins out alone with smart use of teleports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Best thread of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Best thread of 2016
    Thank you,

All of the information is up to date as of 8/28/16

Hope it helps someone.

Deleted
    Hi Rykun!
    Would you suggest to do all the WoD quest or not?
    we're a group or 4/5 that will start around 5 hours after release.

Should we stick to Legion leveling or do the WoD just for the extra exp?

//Untz.

Deleted
    Really great work! I will definitely have this guide by my side while leveling in legioN!