Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Black power is divisive and should never be supported regardless of timeframe. Does being in prison justify joining a gang in being racist? No, it's simply more understandable.
    Again, your unwillingness to educate yourself on the historical significance of something is almost impressive, in a very sad way. Black power was used to empower an oppressed people at a time when they did not have civil rights--legally, they weren't considered people, they just couldn't be owned by other people anymore. It's not "divisive" to use a term meant to empower you when outside forces are fighting tooth and nail to deny you the right to self-determination and equal treatment under the law. Unless you'd like to say you think those uppity black folks should have piped down and kept their heads down rather than trouble the white man with "divisive" slogans meant to encourage youth to organize and protest?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fine, define "successful".
    Successful middle class. If you split it into lower, middle, and upper class, you could say where there are as many middle class income workers as lower class workers.

For example in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    The only truth is nothing matters but humans will fight to death to cling on to things that they think matters which is flag, country etc etc
    Supporting your country is logical when you're bordered by less prosperous third world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure i'm if i'm going to get infracted, but whatever. Whenever something like this happens, places like reddit and even here show why racial separation is needed. Some people don't want to understand, some people think its stupid and some say its misguided. This is another reason i think BLM is stupid. These people are trying to beg people to be treated equally and the people who they think will listen to reason are the same people who would rather ignore the problem or minimize it. I think that's fine. I just wish that more people like you all here would just say it IRL so black people KNOW exactly where white people stand. This guy didn't stand up, whoop di do. The flag and country worship is beyond sick. I saw it in basic training and it seems as tho it permeates every patriot, but please keep in mind that this country was built on the basis of white supremacy and that's what the flag and the national anthem are for.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

I must say iam English but i live in the US and when i go to a baseball game i always stand for the anthem even though that anthem is a testament to treason and rebellion and the war of 1812! But i do respect symbols and i do respect the country that i live in and i certainly understand the reverence that flag and anthem has to the people of the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    These people are trying to beg people to be treated equally and the people who they think will listen to reason are the same people who would rather ignore the problem or minimize it.
    The vast majority are treated equally, discrimination only happens to a tiny fraction of people.

Treated equally does not mean the whole country goes wild on affirmative action and handouts so that every person is economically the same regardless of merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say iam English but i live in the US and when i go to a baseball game i always stand for the anthem even though that anthem is a testament to treason and rebellion and the war of 1812! But i do respect symbols and i do respect the country that i live in and i certainly understand the reverence that flag and anthem has to the people of the US.
    But that is not realism as you claimed. You also made another claim of being all for gay rights (along with your father) because the LGBT groups didnt burn flags.... what if I told you many did?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But that is not realism as you claimed. You also made another claim of being all for gay rights (along with your father) because the LGBT groups didnt burn flags.... what if I told you many did?
    But we didnt see any LGBT people burn any flags! Funny but that didnt make the news me and my dad watched but this did and us hoi polloi dont watch news 24/7 so when we see shit like this we go into rage mode but when we see angry rednecks making ludicrous statements how gay marriage will bring upon the apocalypse on the nightly news we start to think ok maybe the gays have a point!

10+ Year Old Account
    He decided to do this instead of being worth a shit at football.

Really, remember, this is a publicity stunt. He's a cut-rate quarterback without a career beyond this season. Don't be fooled, this is for attention.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    But we didnt see any LGBT people burn any flags! Funny but that didnt make the news me and my dad watched but this did and us hoi polloi dont watch news 24/7 so when we see shit like this we go into rage mode but when we see angry rednecks making ludicrous statements how gay marriage will bring upon the apocalypse on the nightly news we start to think ok maybe the gays have a point!
    Just because you didnt see it does not mean it didnt happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his right to do so. However it's pretty ignorant for him to use his position as an NFL QB to grandstand about political issues. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

7+ Year Old Account
    But we didnt see any LGBT people burn any flags!
    But why would it matter if they are burning flags? Angsting about the US does nothing anyways. Ultimately they must pay taxes and that is the single greatest source of US power.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    please keep in mind that this country was built on the basis of white supremacy and that's what the flag and the national anthem are for.
    I'm always amazed how people can just casually say stupid shit like this and still expect to be taken seriously. Let's grant for a moment that this was true and that colonialism necessarily means the colonizers are doing it "on the basis of" racial supremacy...what does that have to do with the country as it exists today? You used to be able to own slaves in this country. Now you can't. Women used to not be able to vote in this country. Now they can. Gay people used to not be able to get married in this country. Now they can. Times change. People change. Countries change. Stop trying to live in the fucking past and drag the rest of us back there with you.

Just because you didnt see it does not mean it didnt happen.
    Iam not doubting it didnt all iam saying is making stunts like this will just turn those you want on your side against you. Like i tried to say many comments ago gays did it the right way by making the opposite side look like bigoted morons but you wont win this by disrespecting something alot of people in the US has reverance too its like pissing on my Birmingham City scarf and saying you are doing that to raise awareness to cancer research!

10+ Year Old Account
    Iam not doubting it didnt all iam saying is making stunts like this will just turn those you want on your side against you. Like i tried to say many comments ago gays did it the right way by making the opposite side look like bigoted morons but you wont win this by disrespecting something alot of people in the US has reverance too its like pissing on my Birmingham City scarf and saying you are doing that to raise awareness to cancer research!
    like a wise man said before

I feel like when someone does it, an opponent of what every their msg is uses it as a get out of criticism/debate card and a free pass to be offended

like a wise man said before
    You keep repeating yourself also 'every their msg is uses it'?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    His choice.
    There's no discussion here
    I'm not saying he shouldn't have a choice, just that he made a stupid choice for imaginary reasons and that he is an idiot for doing such.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Not sure why people put so much stock in the philosophies or opinions of athletes. They are known for their brawn, not their brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep repeating yourself also 'every their msg is uses it'?
    Oh look whose complaining about grammar.... do you want me to go back to every single one of your posts and point it out? I can find several dozen (and to think you said you were English...).

People who "revere the flag" see this and use it as a get out of debate/criticism free card, and a pass to be offended. Look at this thread. Many chose to be mad, but few chose to discuss the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    but few chose to discuss the issue.
    You mean where he overgeneralizes a whole country and dreams up oppression?

Oh look whose complaining about grammar.... do you want me to go back to every single one of your posts and point it out? I can find several dozen (and to think you said you were English...).

People who "revere the flag" see this and use it as a get out of debate/criticism free card, and a pass to be offended. Look at this thread. Many chose to be mad, but few chose to discuss the issue.
    Havent i been discussing why for the last ten comments?

Now sure i apologize about that grammatically issue its just i still dont get what you are getting at?

I have told you humans are tribalistic monkeys, i have told you humans will fight over pointless shit, i have told you that if you make your point in a non threatening manner you will succeed (gay marriage) I have told you humans will always take offense when you piss on something they like to make a point.

OH just post that repost and be done with it
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-08-28 at 06:02 AM.